Am i really going to get a lot of hate? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I'd love that so much. Too bad it's more of a powder blue than Grabber Blue.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
yes...but time for a freshening of that idea....im what the hech...they put those ugly red with the grabber on the GT500 in 2010...that was horrid.
The orange of the gulf package might work with Nicholas' car...who knows...he's off looking at images of our dream gt40/Ford GT.....

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Ford GT is nice, but I still prefer the GT40. I know I'll never afford a real one. I'll probably end up with a kit car at some point in my life.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

thas why I said "OUR" dream GT40/ford GT....you like the old...I love the new
the Gray with silver stripes would be my back-up

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post
What do you guys think of this? (Not my car)
To much. Stick to one or another. IMO, the Shelby stripes look hot on the grabber.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Imo, if you want do do a Saleen or Roush clone, that is totally fine. As long as you go all the way. I wouldn't put a badge or decal on a base V6 with nothing else. But get at least the right body kit and wheels and fine. Saleens and Roushes are nothing but modified V6's and GT's. They take a mustang, put their body parts on, some badges, maybe a few suspension bits and viola!

But why not get something custom like me? Make your car unique, not a copy of something else. Some may think it's a bit cheesy but it's different. And will get attention.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2429383220.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	461.7 KB
ID:	87374  
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
Imo, if you want do do a Saleen or Roush clone, that is totally fine. As long as you go all the way. I wouldn't put a badge or decal on a base V6 with nothing else. But get at least the right body kit and wheels and fine. Saleens and Roushes are nothing but modified V6's and GT's. They take a mustang, put their body parts on, some badges, maybe a few suspension bits and viola!

But why not get something custom like me? Make your car unique, not a copy of something else. Some may think it's a bit cheesy but it's different. And will get attention.
That's pretty cool, how'd you get that done?
Head turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Cyclon has always had the coolest windshield decal.....I just had to have my company logo as mine

Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head turner View Post

That's pretty cool, how'd you get that done?
Got it online. Honestly, I don't remember the site off hand. But the only downside is it's not 3M vinyl. I will replace it but it's held up fine so far. Color match was perfect which I was surprised about actually.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
Cyclon has always had the coolest windshield decal.....I just had to have my company logo as mine
Thanks! Always been of fan of Slimer! I love uniqueness. As long as it's not overdone.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

folks think mine IS overdone.....what you think..?
cant make everybody happy....sigh

Old 01-25-2013, 12:36 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
folks think mine IS overdone.....what you think..?
cant make everybody happy....sigh
Lol, hey it's your car. If your happy that's all that matters. I'll tell you that the approach you went is not something I'd ever consider. I prefer a clean look without all the stripes and decals all over it. That's not to say I don't like it, just not my personal style. Take the GT500 for example. Looks badass with the supersnake stripes but if I owned one, I'd probably do the stripe delete. Just my taste.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

Lol, hey it's your car. If your happy that's all that matters. I'll tell you that the approach you went is not something I'd ever consider. I prefer a clean look without all the stripes and decals all over it. That's not to say I don't like it, just not my personal style. Take the GT500 for example. Looks badass with the supersnake stripes but if I owned one, I'd probably do the stripe delete. Just my taste.
Where did you get the windshield banner? Did you put it on yourself?
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:49 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

What do you guys think of this? (Again stolen pics) haha
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-782206525.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	459.4 KB
ID:	87378   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3568942546.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	397.7 KB
ID:	87379  

Name:	image-576290437.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	472.9 KB
ID:	87380   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2887660710.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	448.2 KB
ID:	87381  

Old 01-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

I hate stripes and decals, ive had people come to my car and literally say they hate mustangs and it sctuslly looks good with no decals. This kona blue that just was posted looks horrid. The guy has no taste....he takes a base model stang, and just made it tacky....paint the base wheels instead of getting nicer ones, doesnt take the hideous plate frame off, leaves the lame plastic mirrors instead of shelling out $100 for body colourd mirror covers...then slaps on vinyl everywhere thinking that will grab attention....details matter. A $100 tint job, $20 to paint the calipers, and a swap for some half decent wheels...like even used gt takeoffs...would do wonders for this car. But now its all about "look at me" on the cheap. Sorry i just get annoyed by this type of "modding" vinyl can look so god damn tacky in the hands of the wrong person.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
I hate stripes and decals, ive had people come to my car and literally say they hate mustangs and it sctuslly looks good with no decals. This kona blue that just was posted looks horrid. The guy has no taste....he takes a base model stang, and just made it tacky....paint the base wheels instead of getting nicer ones, doesnt take the hideous plate frame off, leaves the lame plastic mirrors instead of shelling out $100 for body colourd mirror covers...then slaps on vinyl everywhere thinking that will grab attention....details matter. A $100 tint job, $20 to paint the calipers, and a swap for some half decent wheels...like even used gt takeoffs...would do wonders for this car. But now its all about "look at me" on the cheap. Sorry i just get annoyed by this type of "modding" vinyl can look so god damn tacky in the hands of the wrong person.
Please tell us how you really feel.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Stig...I feel the hate flow through you........LOL
he did a nice job and their state may have same regs as your province about needing front and rear plates and hasnt gotten around to getting the tilt outta the way power plate bracket to back it out for pics and shows.
Think his wheels are decent...i mean..look at mine, I painted them satin black and recycled. 900 I didnt have for wheels.....way down the road maybe.
1 note there Nicholas.......everybody seems to be getting that type from AM, late model, CJ, or even ebay. I just offered you a different color possability last night for the GT500's....my vote is to still go for them

Old 01-25-2013, 07:33 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
I think I'm getting to get the Saleen Heritage stripes put on my car will I seriously get a lot of hate if I put the saleen decal across the front windshield? I think it looks sick!! But I don't want to be a fake as well

If not that I might do option #2 which is a super snake stripe down the center with boss 302 c stripes on each side?

Which do you think would look better? If anyone could photoshop option #2 on my car would be much appreciated!
i know it's kind of late, but here's my input.
if you're going to do boss c stripes, don't get racing stripes down the middle. that's overkill. maybe paint part of your hood, or get a matching color hood scoop or something like that. you could even paint the entire hood, just don't get racing stripes.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:33 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

go too the mustang customizer and set a car with your color, then randomly play with your 2 stripe ideas, my crazy suggestion...then just have fun and see what else works....customizer doesnt cost anything but time

Old 01-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #54

Region: West Virgina
Yeah I would go with the Shelby stripes. I think someone else said it but in my opinion it looks really tacky if you cross over packages.
Dingess42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
+10...u just described my car Lmao..
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
+100 I agree
Old 01-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #57
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

^^^THIS is exactly what I was going to Suggest! A graphic designer can play with the fonts to make it right.

how about Mustang Evolution I could get Amie to stretch it out a bit just kidding.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I sort of agree but I think since it's white it makes it less of a boss stripe (unless there is a boss made with a white stripe) it's more of a custom look
The kona blue has white stripes and white roof.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

I'm particular about stripes. Full body stripes, I only like wide bumper to bumper dual stripes. I'm also partial to Boss hockey stripes. However most other styles and single stripes, like that Kona with a super snake stripe, I don't like.

Other stripes are take it or leave it. C-stripes can look nice, but not for my tastes.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #60
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
ive yet to understand the reason why someone would want the word "Saleen" or "Cobra" on their car when it simply isnt one, it would be like me putting "Dodge" or "Corvette Z06" on mine, its not one. Do all the looks you want, change what ever but simply dont put words or badges on something when its going to misrepresent what it is.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Quote:
could always say "saleen tribute"....but do what you want...it is America after all...and besides....haters gonna hate......I wont be one of em
Hell...somebody after Mustang Week after Slimer's first trip made it #2 of 10 "Fail" mustangs at the show.......garnered me more popularity, and thanks to the letter from 5.0 Stang mag.....why they put mine in the february review of the show.....small blub and a pic....but worth the grin on my face
Which issue was that iv been waiting to see it ?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #62
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Never understood why ppl care what others think, and never understood why ppl think their opinion should matter to the person making the payment...
Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #63
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
What do you guys think of this? (Again stolen pics) haha
If you do this I'm going to hate it soo muuch, I'm going to steal it, when your not looking and give you mine :p That's my absolute favorite stripe! Haha

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Never understood why ppl care what others think, and never understood why ppl think their opinion should matter to the person making the payment...
^ good point! I think we get caught up in society. But you are correct, from the time you first meet someone, they've already formed a opinion about you!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I think about it this way( again just my opinion ) ... If you see a ricer lancer with stripes, a glue on scoop, giant evo wing, fender glue on vents and rims .. How would you see him?? As a wannabe and ricer and fake. Am i wrong!?? The difference is you have a better car and bigger budget. In the end its not an evo.If your asking the question that started this thread is because you care what ppl think and therefore already can't argue that you don't care. Work with what you got and make it look sick but don't turn it into a fake.. Just my opinion!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13 View Post
I think about it this way( again just my opinion ) ... If you see a ricer lancer with stripes, a glue on scoop, giant evo wing, fender glue on vents and rims .. How would you see him?? As a wannabe and ricer and fake. Am i wrong!?? The difference is you have a better car and bigger budget. In the end its not an evo.If your asking the question that started this thread is because you care what ppl think and therefore already can't argue that you don't care. Work with what you got and make it look sick but don't turn it into a fake.. Just my opinion!!!
I'd see it as awesome! Lol
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post

I'd see it as awesome! Lol
Lol u would...
Old 01-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13 View Post

Lol u would...
Lol can't forget the coffee can muffler
Old 01-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Well geez man!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Is the super snake stripe really that bad? It seems as though only one person likes it!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is the super snake stripe really that bad? It seems as though only one person likes it!
I like it. I want to get that in a Flat black

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang