Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Am i really going to get a lot of hate?

8K views 151 replies 33 participants last post by  NicholasP 
#1 · (Edited)
I think I'm getting to get the Saleen Heritage stripes put on my car will I seriously get a lot of hate if I put the saleen decal across the front windshield? I think it looks sick!! But I don't want to be a fake as well

If not that I might do option #2 which is a super snake stripe down the center with boss 302 c stripes on each side?

Which do you think would look better? If anyone could photoshop option #2 on my car would be much appreciated!

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Do whatever you want, but if you put certain names/logos on a car that you don't have, expect to get some flack from some people. Just tell them to shove it.

I LOVE how the GT500 looks. My car may eventually evolve that direction and it's already taken one step. I won't be putting cobra emblems on it or Shelby, but I'm sure if I do it I'll get flack as an imitator.

#17 ·
I would be one of the guys who would look at you funny trying to badge your car something its not.. Sry to say and say what you want but misbadging is a big no no for me. If you can't afford it that's all good your not the only one. Make it look like w.e makes you happy but don't go putting saleen/gt500/boss when its not .

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

+100000

#18 · (Edited)
Ask yourself this: Who makes the car payments? If the answer is you, then proceed with any change you want to personalize your car.

I'm sure folks that read my posts know I'm vocal on certain performance mods; I try to let folks know what mods work, and what don't from reading, personal use, and from details on other forums based on dyno and other test results. However, in the long run, they are only suggestions or testimonials. I don't step up and make your car payments. It's your car, personalize it in any way you want.

#20 ·
Easy

Just get the Saleen cold air intake or a few other Saleen parts and then you can put the windshield banner on without having a single problem with being a poser. You will be legitimate.

Ronnie

#21 ·
ronnie948 said:
Just get the Saleen cold air intake or a few other Saleen parts and then you can put the windshield banner on without having a single problem with being a poser. You will be legitimate.

Ronnie
You serious? Or being sarcastic? I hope sarcastic..I mean cmon you can't get a saleen CAI and some saleen wheels and go calling it a saleen.

#23 ·
It still won't be a Saleen

But at least it will have some of their stuff on his Mustang. What really is needed for him would then be a Saleen equiped banner. But, since they don't have one, The Saleen banner will just have to do.

I would not put the banner on my Mustang but he can do it if he wants to.

I think the "American Muscle" banner would be much better for him. It would look just as good and not cause anyone to laugh at him at a car show or event.

Ronnie

#28 ·
could always say "saleen tribute"....but do what you want...it is America after all...and besides....haters gonna hate......I wont be one of em
Hell...somebody after Mustang Week after Slimer's first trip made it #2 of 10 "Fail" mustangs at the show.......garnered me more popularity, and thanks to the letter from 5.0 Stang mag.....why they put mine in the february review of the show.....small blub and a pic....but worth the grin on my face ;)

#30 ·
gonna add a color copy of that page to my display board at the '13 Mustang week...when he goes in to be judged this year :p

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

you got a blue / white theme going as yet...?
go with your gut....I vote 'white'

#31 ·
gonna add a color copy of that page to my display board at the '13 Mustang week...when he goes in to be judged this year :p

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

you got a blue / white theme going as yet...?
go with your gut....I vote 'white'
Haha nice I personally love the slimmer theme your car is decked!

#32 ·
hey Nicholas.....have a look at the images of the heritage GT40 / Ford GT package....
that would be a total diff look there with that color combo...

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

decked....? as in 'decked' out......?

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

stay tuned...i'm not done yet....
2K+ worth of Trufiber sitting in my buddy's 'hanger'....waiting for ...ahem...warmer weather to be installed...Slimer 2.0 upgrade is slowly underway ;)

#33 ·
hey Nicholas.....have a look at the images of the heritage GT40 / Ford GT package....
that would be a total diff look there with that color combo...

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

decked....? as in 'decked' out......?

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

stay tuned...i'm not done yet....
2K+ worth of Trufiber sitting in my buddy's 'hanger'....waiting for ...ahem...warmer weather to be installed...Slimer 2.0 upgrade is slowly underway ;)
Yes decked out!! haha and I bet it will look so sick when it's done!! And ok I'll go check out the gt40

#35 ·
thank you...the 'gulf oil package'...yes....
got to drive a heritage Ford GT with that on trakc at charlotte....couldnt wipe the grin from my face for weeks....

#37 ·
yes...but time for a freshening of that idea....im what the hech...they put those ugly red with the grabber on the GT500 in 2010...that was horrid.
The orange of the gulf package might work with Nicholas' car...who knows...he's off looking at images of our dream gt40/Ford GT.....

#39 ·
thas why I said "OUR" dream GT40/ford GT....you like the old...I love the new
the Gray with silver stripes would be my back-up ;)

#41 · (Edited)
Imo, if you want do do a Saleen or Roush clone, that is totally fine. As long as you go all the way. I wouldn't put a badge or decal on a base V6 with nothing else. But get at least the right body kit and wheels and fine. Saleens and Roushes are nothing but modified V6's and GT's. They take a mustang, put their body parts on, some badges, maybe a few suspension bits and viola!

But why not get something custom like me? Make your car unique, not a copy of something else. Some may think it's a bit cheesy but it's different. And will get attention.

Attachments

#42 ·
Imo, if you want do do a Saleen or Roush clone, that is totally fine. As long as you go all the way. I wouldn't put a badge or decal on a base V6 with nothing else. But get at least the right body kit and wheels and fine. Saleens and Roushes are nothing but modified V6's and GT's. They take a mustang, put their body parts on, some badges, maybe a few suspension bits and viola!

But why not get something custom like me? Make your car unique, not a copy of something else. Some may think it's a bit cheesy but it's different. And will get attention.
That's pretty cool, how'd you get that done?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.