Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What to use to remove rocker stripe?

11K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  Gtzzoom 
#1 ·
What should I use to remove my rocker panel stripe without using a heater and without messing up the paint. Is there anything I can spray on leave there then peel off like magic haha

#3 ·
I put stickers and stuff on cars all the time, which includes taking them off sometimes and i will say the only thing i have found that works good is a heat gun or a torch. I know you dont want to use those but those stickers are made to go threw rain and all that and never come off so im not sure you could just soak it off. And using a heat gun should not mess up your paint at all. Just dont keep the heat in one spot for a long time.

#13 ·
you can get auto safe goo gone at an auto shop. Even with the heat your probably going to want to use some of that after you get it off just to get any leftover sticky crud off. And make sure to keep that hair dryer moving and dont get too close. If you heat the vinyl up too much it is just going to stretch instead of pull off and you will damage your paint if you stay in the same spot for too long.

#14 ·
I am VERY anxious to remove the black rocker stripe from my '12 V6. I HATE it! I'm so glad the subject came up here. I wanna give it a try myself but I am also considering taking it to my local Ford dealership's body shop and paying them to do it right. That's probably overkill and money needlessly spent since it seems pretty easy to do yourself.

#19 ·
im with the hair dryer and goo gone...but wd-40...forgot that, is a decent back up...casue who the heck DOESNT have a can of that at their house....LOL

#23 ·
When I removed mine it was a toasty afternoon in the sun, but I still used a heat gun, my two hands, and a little patience. If any sticky stuff stays on, a little goo gone will take it right off. Easy job that makes a big difference.

#28 ·
thought you were gonna dip those wheels black at one time...? go with the black then....as more fashion experts say...black goes with everything...LOL

#30 ·
then why not one more idea...you're really gonna be confused...
get stripes that match the MCA wheels...that would really be Diff!

#32 ·
hell yeah....they can do anything these days...
if you've got a great sign guy around...they can color match very well
got some vinyl decals for my new tail panel that will match the car better than the guy who who made my original stuff.....new improved technology

#34 ·
they can print off a sheet of varied grays and bring out to the car. tell them start with charcoal gray metalic and go from there....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.