Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Raxiom projector headlights

12K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  RIstang 
#1 ·
Just installed these last night. What do you think? Headlights seem to not be very powerful (I know they aren't on in the pic) anyone else have these?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

See less See more
#4 ·
Oh, You used to be able to get upraded bulbs for alitle more $$ when you ordered them.

Alot of people who have those headlights find that the stock bulbs dont put out much light.

Its an H9 bulb so you can find those at AutoZone or online. Drive alittle at night and decide if you need to upgrade them. It would only take a few mintues to change out the bulb.

#10 ·
I honestly don't know who makes the ballasts but, they are digital 35w ballasts. The bulbs are Morimoto 4300k H9's. The Morimoto bulbs are probably overpriced but I had one bad one and they replaced it no questions asked.

A lot of people swear by DDMTuning's kits. I don't have any experience with them so, I can't tell you.

#12 ·
Just installed these last night. What do you think? Headlights seem to not be very powerful (I know they aren't on in the pic) anyone else have these?

View attachment 87395
those types of projectors aren't very bright kind of a let down i know....HIDs are not rated for raxiom projectors. you do risk melting them. If you want HIDs in projectors you'll want HID rated ones...at least in the 94-09 raxiom kits. may not be the case in the newer cars..

if you decide to try hids take a shot here

DDM Tuning 35W and 55W HID Kits

#22 ·
How was the install of the Raxioms? I heard it can be a PITA and is kind of discouraging me to buying them...

#26 ·
I don't have raxioms but I have pulled my headlights out at least 6-7 times .
And they are very simple to put on and off . Done it so many times now it only takes about 10 mins to pull the front fascia off and lights and about 15 or so to put it back on and pop every thing back in place .

#28 ·
That's true. I spoke to stang mods and was told that its normal and that it shouldn't dis color them. I was also told if there is any fog it will only happen when the lights are off because that mean they are cooling. Once you turn on the lights and they hear up a bit it should go away

#33 · (Edited)
Comes with a wiring guide, but Red to purple on your parking light harness, black is ground and go to any ground. Comes with the little splice clips, but I recommend actual solder. I don't trust the clips at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.