Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New Member some suggestions would be helpful!

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Gtzzoom 
#1 · (Edited)
So I'm pretty active over on the other forums, namely all ford mustangs. This post is to serve as one of two things mainly. One to say what's up and introduce myself. Another is to ask for a little help! I just recently got my rear valence painted and I think it looks great. But my right roush exhaust tip is too close to it and I don't really know how that's going to affect the paint. How have you guys adjusted the tip to make it lower?

And one final thing, your opinion! Do you think I should get a matte black "diffuser" in the center of my painted one? or just leave it all silver like it is? Here are some pictures of my car too! Thanks for the replies and help

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
normally loosen the bolt at back of tip (if there is one) and slowly pull down on it till it matches the other one......too close will slowly cook the paint but might not discolor it
save the getting a matte black diffuser...and plasti dip it. if you dont like it later...you can peel it off ;)

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

or you can play with the hanger..like he mentioned.
Welcome to the group!

#4 ·
So I should just unbolt the tip a tiny bit and move it down. I was thinking I'm going to have to undo the clamp that connects the axleback to the over axle pipes. That would have been a pain. But just un loosening the clamp at the tip is so easy! I'll try it tomorrow. Thank you again!

#7 ·
I recognize you from allfords (I frequent there, but don't really post much anymore).

Depends on how off it is and at what part. Unbolting the axleback can help. If that doesn't do right, unbolt the over axle and start twisting. You'll get it eventually.

I'd like the lower section between the pipes black. I think it looks nice and it's why I'm switching to either a Boss/CS or GT500 diffuser for mine down the road.

#8 ·
no problem...
yes try the tip first...the axle back would be next....dont think the hanger has a whole lot to do with it unless something there got bent upwards...

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

admit it Sanguin...you want the quad exhaust and the GT500 diff will give you the room...LOL
Im just gonna plasti dip mine......might end up looking like the 3D carbon kit "Boy Racer' in the back....but I like the looks...and my version will be cheaper...
3 cans of dip, painters tape, oh maybe...4 hours of work.
gonna do that monday-ish when remove bumper.....which brings me to a question...
How bloody hard is it gonna be for me to remove the rear bumper off this thing....
anyone got a step by step or a link....?

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

front bumper i figured out myself when installed the Cali Special grilles in place of the MCA edition satin alum.....gee that was fun....nope!

#10 ·
If it's like my Grand Prix, there will be some clips around the trunk opening, then some bolts on the side where the bumper meets the quarter sheet metal... then it just falls off.

Actually, I priced '13 GT500 muffs and diffuser months ago. I just don't want to pay $300 per axleback.

#13 ·
yeah...shouldnt have to undo either clamp...just loosen the nut on the tip and try that first..might have rotated. that fails...go to the the axleback... but shouldnt be anything major..but might need a friend to spot the tip so you can do this faster

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.