Mustang Evolution Forum banner

hid kits

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  rebeltx 
#1 ·
Looking around for a nice reliable hid kit for my car. I have daytime running lights so im curios on how I were to install them.
What kind do you guys have and how did you install them with drl? Pics would be great to : )

#4 ·
And as it has been discussed many times before here, please get the correct projector headlight housings required for HID's to work correctly. Otherwise, you become another driver on the road that has anoying "splashed" light to oncoming motorists. Check out the correct housings that Ford uses for HID's on the 2013's.

#5 ·
bucko said:
And as it has been discussed many times before here, please get the correct projector headlight housings required for HID's to work correctly. Otherwise, you become another driver on the road that has anoying "splashed" light to oncoming motorists. Check out the correct housings that Ford uses for HID's on the 2013's.
+1

#6 ·
Why go HID? if your looking for more light output there are other options. Like HID fogs. With DRL's your going to burn up some real expensive bulbs in about the time you would burn out regular head lights.

Don't want to spend 300+ on HID fogs? I don't blame you, and I might just have a solution too... Ever been pulled over at night? As soon as you get to the curb you get blinded by white LED light bars that I think we and the police agree are plenty bright. It is perfectly legal to own these LED's, heck, you can even buy the colored ones.... Granted, you can go to jail for having colored lights but back to the point... White LED's. you can buy units for under 100 a piece that mount to the front of your car and put out a ton of light. The trick here is aiming so you don't blind everyone on the road... I really don't want to promote people buying these for strobes and whatnot so I'm not posting any manufacturers here. if your interested in giving it a shot you can PM me. Or wait till I get mine installed to see what they look like.

#7 ·
rebeltx said:
Why go HID? if your looking for more light output there are other options. Like HID fogs. With DRL's your going to burn up some real expensive bulbs in about the time you would burn out regular head lights.

Don't want to spend 300+ on HID fogs? I don't blame you, and I might just have a solution too... Ever been pulled over at night? As soon as you get to the curb you get blinded by white LED light bars that I think we and the police agree are plenty bright. It is perfectly legal to own these LED's, heck, you can even buy the colored ones.... Granted, you can go to jail for having colored lights but back to the point... White LED's. you can buy units for under 100 a piece that mount to the front of your car and put out a ton of light. The trick here is aiming so you don't blind everyone on the road... I really don't want to promote people buying these for strobes and whatnot so I'm not posting any manufacturers here. if your interested in giving it a shot you can PM me. Or wait till I get mine installed to see what they look like.
Several states have laws regarding the number of forward facing lights you can have. Here in ms it is 4 forward facing, any others must be covered.

#9 ·
Thats the way to go. My winter suv has the hid kit in regular housings....i constantly get people flashing brights at me. When i ordered my stang i got the factory hid and projector...its completely different than those kits...much better output and no glare to other drivers. I love the look of hid kits in fog lamps...smaller housing and better light output since its lower and minimal glare.

#11 ·
The LED bars come in a single housing. There about 4" long and an inch wide. Each housing would count as one light. So 2 led's and you headlights make 4 lights. It's the same way here in FL, your fine if you go this rout... They are installed with screws or 3M tape so install would be easy too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.