Boss 227 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer 13 View Post
I have the old boss stripe )
Get it to go to your quarter lights too!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Get it to go to your quarter lights too!
Yeah please tell me you didn't throw that away. Btw which of the two did y'all use?
Old 01-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Yeah please tell me you didn't throw that away. Btw which of the two did y'all use?
What do you mean?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I like that comment...have to do something ridiculously amazing....
I think I yanked quite a few rugs out from some when rolled into Mustang Week last year to debut Slimer.......the stares were worth it.....the jaw drop when i opened my hood and they didnt see the 5.0...
I still get asked how I like the new 5.0......I jst smiles and ask..."you see 5.0 on my fender?"...they have to look again...and answer no...
I really grin back and say "thats because its the 3.7 V6" (immediate deer in the headlight look).......Loving that!

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Lmao at this whole thread not hating or mocking , its just too funny
Villero1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:08 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Idk why you can't have a Boss 227. They had Boss 302 and 429... /shrug.
Yep and his is faster than the original Boss 302
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #42
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Do it and don't worry what others think; unless they are making your car payments. Here's mine, and in two days I'll have the 3D carbon GT500 rear deck spoiler on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drivers side2.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	87981   Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	931.3 KB
ID:	87982  

Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Do it and don't worry what others think; unless they are making your car payments. Here's mine, and in two days I'll have the 3D carbon GT500 rear deck spoiler on it.
Yup, Im like the only person that likes my vinyl but Im the only person that matters as far as that goes.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Thats a good looking sixxer, but i wouldnt call it a ricer or poser, is just a sixxer with stripes, regardless of what you have under the hood , great job
Villero1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #45
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I know what you mean.

GTzzoom said:
Quote:
I still get asked how I like the new 5.0......I jst smiles and ask..."you see 5.0 on my fender?"...they have to look again....
I get asked all the time how I like my Boss 302. Even some people in my Mustang club have asked me if I like my Boss 302. I don't really get why because there is nothing on my Mustang that Say's "BOSS 302"" at all. There is nothing anymore that Say's it's a V6 either. I do a lot of cruise In's and I get asked all the time. I have had to show people my engine and the automatic transmission to get them to believe me when I say it is a V6.

GTZZOOM
I can see why people think your's is a GT because it sure looks like it should be. It is a great looking Mustang. V6 and all.

This is mine; Go Figure

No Boss 302 stripe
No rear window louvers
Nothing that even hints Boss 302 to me but I do get asked if I like the Boss 302 a lot.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Quote:
Nice bucko , haven't seen that on the red . It's looking good!
Old 01-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #47
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey Bucko

Your Mustang looks great. I love those wheels.

Ronnie
Old 01-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Thank you ronnie! really appreciate that...
your car is looking great!
mine is sometimes confused with a Shelby super snake (cant see how without that big stripe) , a roush with my grille, and a GT of course...LOL

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

only been called a Boss once...

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
Thank you ronnie! really appreciate that...
your car is looking great!
mine is sometimes confused with a Shelby super snake (cant see how without that big stripe) , a roush with my grille, and a GT of course...LOL

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

only been called a Boss once...
I've had people call my car a Shelby a few times. And one time a camaro... That one I couldn't understand how they thought that lol
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #50
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Rcary, I hate to tell you this--But__ I will

Your Mustang is not ugly enough to be a Camaro.

A camaro is probably the stupidest car GM ever put out.

Any Mustang looks a lot better then one of them things.

I know there are some of you that may think they look good but not me. I drove one before I bought my Mustang and the lousy visibility, Cheap crap interior and the way it rode and handled was not for me at all.

How anybody could mistake your Mustang for one of those was probably just putting you on. They just wanted to get your reaction or something.

Your car is Beautiful and looks great.

Ronnie
Old 01-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I like how Camaros look. I'm just not a fan of how GM built them or their choice of drivetrains.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like how Camaros look. I'm just not a fan of how GM built them or their choice of drivetrains.
We're the last of our kind
The last of the live rear axles......
Old 01-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

What do you mean?
Mine came with two quarter panel stripe options and my body shop asked me which I wanted to use. Alas, the still messed up :/

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

Yep and his is faster than the original Boss 302
By faster do you mean no missed shifts and my-82 problems lol

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Drive one. No offense you guys but they are fun. I hate the outside but when you're driving you can't see it anyway. 20 inch perrelllis are a pain btw
Old 01-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcary View Post

I've had people call my car a Shelby a few times. And one time a camaro... That one I couldn't understand how they thought that lol
I like your dodge shelby camaro. Lol

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Quote:

Mine came with two quarter panel stripe options and my body shop asked me which I wanted to use. Alas, the still messed up :/

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

By faster do you mean no missed shifts and my-82 problems lol

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Drive one. No offense you guys but they are fun. I hate the outside but when you're driving you can't see it anyway. 20 inch perrelllis are a pain btw
They look o.k from the exterior but the interior layout is a mess! And visibility is horrible!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nah, I'm good. When I saw they put a crappier trans and diff in the V6 model, I failed to care about owning one. I also hate the square, boxy instrument cluster. I'm sure if I drove one I'd have other complaints. I've driven two previous gens, I wasn't impressed with their interior either.

If a V6 Challenger had a manual trans option, I might not be here.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=Whitelightning;1500514]Mine came with two quarter panel stripe options and my body shop asked me which I wanted to use. Alas, the still messed up :/[COLOR="Silver"]

hmm, mine knew to put on the 10-12 tails. they did a pretty good job.
worst case scenario, why don't you just take that part off and go to a vinyl shop and have another pair made. it'll cost next to nothing.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
I like your dodge shelby camaro. Lol

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

They look o.k from the exterior but the interior layout is a mess! And visibility is horrible!
you mean his dodge shelby zl1
there is no such thing as a shelby camaro... dummy
jk jk
Old 01-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Quote:

Nah, I'm good. When I saw they put a crappier trans and diff in the V6 model, I failed to care about owning one. I also hate the square, boxy instrument cluster. I'm sure if I drove one I'd have other complaints. I've driven two previous gens, I wasn't impressed with their interior either.

Me too and I insurance wasn't so high on em
Old 01-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #58
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Not for me at all

I once owned a 1969 Z28 camaro that I loved. The new breed camaro's don't hold a candle to the real one's of the past. I drove a couple different one's and did not like anything about either one. (A six & An eight) The V8 was red with black stripes and looked OK but The rear end was so ugly a dog wouldn't hump it. The crappy cheap interior was awful and not comfortable at all. The Visibility was really bad and I just did not like it at all.

I went to the Ford dealer to look at A Ford Focus ST (They were not available just at that time) I seen my Mustang on the lot and it was true love at first sight. I made the deal and drove my new Mustang V6 home within the hour. The next day I ordered my Magnaflow Streets and a K&N drop in air cleaner. A few weeks later me and my best friend Mario went to the American Muscle show in Media Pa.

My Friend Mario
See the smile on Mario's face, I'll bet he would not be that happy in a Camaro.
Ronnie
Old 01-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

The camaro drove o.k but for a rear independent suspension it felt way to soft. The car also felt really heavy. It felt like you were in a tank.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
My twin brother has the camaro rs. When I traded my 06 GT for the 13 sixxer he got in it for one minute and said he wanted to sell the rs and get a new stang. Converted. Lol. He loves the outside of the camaro and he has a vert. The inside though... Ugly. Not functional. If they made the challenger in a vert he would.have gotten that though. I love the challenger too and i like the camaro but the stang drives the best.. plus i am a ford guy and always stick with them. Would not mind having a challenger RT too though.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

All autos come with the S and a manual mode. It feels about like a fully suspension worked roush. The tranny is **** I agree. Maybe even as crap as the mt-82. The power though, my God there is no throttle lag and it pulls at alot lower rpm than the mustang. I hate challengers lol

As far as my auto, well, I love it. Sure it won't be a true boss because of the displacement, but its my car, my way. It goes in around Thursday for the face lift and ill be getting the GT fascia. Then people will probably accept my car more lol

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I once owned a 1969 Z28 camaro that I loved. The new breed camaro's don't hold a candle to the real one's of the past. I drove a couple different one's and did not like anything about either one. (A six & An eight) The V8 was red with black stripes and looked OK but The rear end was so ugly a dog wouldn't hump it. The crappy cheap interior was awful and not comfortable at all. The Visibility was really bad and I just did not like it at all.

I went to the Ford dealer to look at A Ford Focus ST (They were not available just at that time) I seen my Mustang on the lot and it was true love at first sight. I made the deal and drove my new Mustang V6 home within the hour. The next day I ordered my Magnaflow Streets and a K&N drop in air cleaner. A few weeks later me and my best friend Mario went to the American Muscle show in Media Pa.

My Friend Mario
See the smile on Mario's face, I'll bet he would not be that happy in a Camaro.
Ronnie
Funny you mention interior. I'm posting this thread siting in one lol

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

The camaro drove o.k but for a rear independent suspension it felt way to soft. The car also felt really heavy. It felt like you were in a tank.
I think its cause the mustang feels like mayo and the camaro feels like you have to be on steroids to muscle the tight steering
Old 01-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Well my car had to have a manual. I was not getting another auto. All my other cars are auto and if it's not dual clutch, I'm not manually shifting it. That's what the computer is for.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well my car had to have a manual. I was not getting another auto. All my other cars are auto and if it's not dual clutch, I'm not manually shifting it. That's what the computer is for.
So true. I'm young and when it came to those trips in high traffic I would cuss and kick the dust for getting manual. I loved it though. Just more of an in tune feeling. I'm sure once my boss 227 is done ill still get the "it's not a manual" speech from some die hart
Old 01-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I don't care what yours is lol... I just wanted one for myself.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:15 AM   #65
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Thanks for the compliments folks. I like this Mustangs V6 ability to go whenever I want it to, and the fuel milage is fantastic.

As to the current Camaro's, I don't like them; don't hate them, but don't like them. I'd take a 67 to 69 any day of the week though.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #66
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Automatic or stick

They are both good and do just what they have to. The stick is good for the guy or girl that wants to feel like they are more in tune with their car. The Automatic is good for people that live in a place where the traffic is horrendous and the stop and go traffic is a PITA.

The Automatic is good for people with bad hips and health concerns. One is absolutely no better or worse then the other.

If you know your history Carol Shelby actually put some automatic transmissions in the greatest race car ever made. The original Cobra's.

If your going to Auto-X or hot lap tight tracks the manual is superb, If you are into Drag racing the Automatic is the king of them all. Either transmission can be used for these sports and it is all up to the driver to get the transmissions to do what they want it to do.

Ronnie
Old 01-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Well said Ronnie.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #68
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
They are both good and do just what they have to. The stick is good for the guy or girl that wants to feel like they are more in tune with their car. The Automatic is good for people that live in a place where the traffic is horrendous and the stop and go traffic is a PITA.

The Automatic is good for people with bad hips and health concerns. One is absolutely no better or worse then the other.

If you know your history Carol Shelby actually put some automatic transmissions in the greatest race car ever made. The original Cobra's.

If your going to Auto-X or hot lap tight tracks the manual is superb, If you are into Drag racing the Automatic is the king of them all. Either transmission can be used for these sports and it is all up to the driver to get the transmissions to do what they want it to do.

Ronnie
Absolutely well said!

I tip my hat to you.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:53 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

REVIVING OLD THREADS!!!!!

I might redo my stripes in the future to gloss instead of flat.
Would boss 227 on it be acceptable?
Old 05-24-2013, 04:10 AM   #70
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Your Mustang looks great. I love those wheels.

Ronnie
Thanks. I've always been a fan of muscle cars with the old Keystone classic" wheels of long ago. These remind me of them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang