Custom exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Custom exhaust

Does anyone know about how much a custom exhaust run for? Let's say I want 2.5" piping from the stock h pipe back & clamp/weld in some mufflers (that I already have). Any idea how much would something like this roughly go for? I'm in Los Angeles if it makes any difference.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
I don't think that can be answered here.

What you probably need to do is go to a muffler shop and tell them exactly what you want to do. Take your mufflers with you so they can measure them and see what needs to be done to add hangers etc.

Also I suggest that you don't go to the cheapest place you find. Go to a reputable place that has the pipe benders and equipment to do the job right. Find a speed shop in your area and ask them if they know a good muffler shop that custom makes the exhaust set-ups for street rods & custom built cars.

It won't cost you anything to get an estamate.

Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
What you probably need to do is go to a muffler shop and tell them exactly what you want to do. Take your mufflers with you so they can measure them and see what needs to be done to add hangers etc.

Also I suggest that you don't go to the cheapest place you find. Go to a reputable place that has the pipe benders and equipment to do the job right. Find a speed shop in your area and ask them if they know a good muffler shop that custom makes the exhaust set-ups for street rods & custom built cars.

It won't cost you anything to get an estamate.

Ronnie
Yea I'm planning on getting an estimate I just wanted to get a ball park at what I'm gonna be looking at! & I'm def gonna look for a good/reputable shop to do it for me.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
Good thinking

I live in Florida and there are a few muffler """BUTCHER SHOPS"" in my area that are cheap but really do crap work on just doing muffler replacements along with their rip off oil and filter changes. They come and go pretty fast.

We do have a shop in a town just south of me that does custom work and has been there for many years.

Getting a good shop means they will look great and not rattle or vibrate your car to death driving you crazy.
Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I live in Florida and there are a few muffler """BUTCHER SHOPS"" in my area that are cheap but really do crap work on just doing muffler replacements along with their rip off oil and filter changes.
Went to one of those here in CT, eventually had to have the entire exhaust redone by a good shop. Lesson learned: always do it right the first time.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post

Went to one of those here in CT, eventually had to have the entire exhaust redone by a good shop. Lesson learned: always do it right the first time.
Ill make sure to do my hw!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
SCCofSV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Burbank,Well, Close enough!
Region: California
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Does anyone know about how much a custom exhaust run for? Let's say I want 2.5" piping from the stock h pipe back & clamp/weld in some mufflers (that I already have). Any idea how much would something like this roughly go for? I'm in Los Angeles if it makes any difference.
Cool!! I too am from the LA area, actually Burbank. I go to

Super Tuning and Performance
15020 Oxnard Street (a couple blks east of Sepulveda & on the South side of the street.)
Van Nuys, CA

(818) 988-2335


I deal directly with CoCo (the owner) and or Mark. He is honest and very trustworthy and he's not out to sc**w you and that my friend is hard to find now these days! He's very knowledgeable and loves what he does! That's what he does, Custom exhaust and he's good! No! He's better than that, he's Awesome! I won't go to anyone else! Give him a call.

If you have any questions, pm me.
SCCofSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCofSV View Post

Cool!! I too am from the LA area, actually Burbank. I go to

Super Tuning and Performance
15020 Oxnard Street (a couple blks east of Sepulveda & on the South side of the street.)
Van Nuys, CA

(818) 988-2335

I deal directly with CoCo (the owner) and or Mark. He is honest and very trustworthy and he's not out to sc**w you and that my friend is hard to find now these days! He's very knowledgeable and loves what he does! That's what he does, Custom exhaust and he's good! No! He's better than that, he's Awesome! I won't go to anyone else! Give him a call.

If you have any questions, pm me.
Cool man I really appreciate it!! Ima def check them out!!! I'd rather go somewhere with a good rep than somewhere cheap!! Thanks!!!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
see how great this forum is ::::++++:::::

You ask a question and get a problem solved. A wealth of good information at your fingertips.
Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
You ask a question and get a problem solved. A wealth of good information at your fingertips.
Ronnie
Very true!!! It's awesome!!!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
SCCofSV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Burbank,Well, Close enough!
Region: California
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Very true!!! It's awesome!!!
Another reason why I trust Coco so much, is because he listens! Really listens to what you're saying. He may disagree,
but if he does, he'll explain why as well as show you! He disagreed with me about painting my Borlas Black. Shook his head and laughed.
SCCofSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCofSV View Post

Another reason why I trust Coco so much, is because he listens! Really listens to what you're saying. He may disagree,
but if he does, he'll explain why as well as show you! He disagreed with me about painting my Borlas Black. Shook his head and laughed.
That's always a good thing..nobody needs a Yes-man!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
SCCofSV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Burbank,Well, Close enough!
Region: California
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
That's always a good thing..nobody needs a Yes-man!
HaHaHa Okay, so I had to beg... They were or are polished stainless! The car is red & black.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20120921_214822.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	388.7 KB
ID:	88037   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120921_213914.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	88038  

SCCofSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCofSV View Post

HaHaHa Okay, so I had to beg... They were or are polished stainless! The car is red & black.
Hahaha. Nice!! They look clean!!! I like black exhaust tips they look unique!!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:13 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.