i have a question!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
i have a question!!

its kind of stupid i have an 2013 v6 manual base
but whats the different between the 2011, 2012 engine wise? is it still the 3.7 v6 with 305hp

and an other one is there anything different between the base and premium engine wise is it still the 3.7 v6 with 305hp
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
No matter what trim level on the 11'-13' it's the same 3.7 engine. There's the performance package you can add on which upgrades some things slightly, (3.31 gears to name one), but pretty much the same specs all the way around. Only cosmetics/interior change with the jump to the upper model.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
All trims have the exact same engines and output '11-13.

'13 the autos got the ability to shift with buttons on the shifter. They did make various manual transmission improvements over the years. Small, internal things that help with rough shifting and longevity. They were finished in late '12MY.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

i thought so thank yall!!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

i have an other question i went to the track to see my 1/4 on my owe i kept stalling out the car i dont know how to burnout nor rev it for rpms to launch
Old 01-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Burnout in a manual takes some practice. Hold down your break pedal and then hole the traction control button for about 6 seconds. You will see the "traction control off" light come on. Make sure you do that. sit in first and let the clutch out, let the carr roll a little then give it the gas and apply break at the same time. it takes some practice but you will feel it out..... video to help......

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

launch is a little easier. Sit in first and hold the clutch, apply gas to around 2K RPM (varies with track conditions) when you see the third orange light light up dump the clutch and off you go! if your having problems with rolling you can side step the break a touch to stop that. just remember to get off it when you punch the gas
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:03 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
Burnout in a manual takes some practice. Hold down your break pedal and then hole the traction control button for about 6 seconds. You will see the "traction control off" light come on. Make sure you do that. sit in first and let the clutch out, let the carr roll a little then give it the gas and apply break at the same time. it takes some practice but you will feel it out..... video to help......

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

launch is a little easier. Sit in first and hold the clutch, apply gas to around 2K RPM (varies with track conditions) when you see the third orange light light up dump the clutch and off you go! if your having problems with rolling you can side step the break a touch to stop that. just remember to get off it when you punch the gas

okay im little lost on lunching i know hold gas and clutch 2000rpms but what do you mena dump cluthch?
Old 02-20-2013, 04:21 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Let it out as fast as you can.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:51 AM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Let it out as fast as you can.
Do this while it's under warranty. Hopefully you can convince the service advisor for a clutch replacement before the 36K/36 month warranty expires!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko
Do this while it's under warranty. Hopefully you can convince the service advisor for a clutch replacement before the 36K/36 month warranty expires!
A properly used clutch shouldn't wear out that soon.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
well i have 72 months warranty

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang