The notchy tranny syndrom important must read. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamp1 View Post
I spoke to my local ford dealer and they said the only thing voided is the part you put on not anything else. for example. put gears on a your 2012 the driver train is voided.

Aftermarket products is the life we chose to live gentlemen (and ladies) nobody said it would be easy; but in the end it is worth it. what we do with our cars this year, will echo in the following years. (war cry) "Fram! Fram! Kristmenn, Krossmenn!"
Didn't you just say "the only thing voided would be the part you put on nothing else" that would me the gear itself and anything in the diff??
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sanguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 1,623
Well, it would be the diff components and axles (they lock into the carrier). So... drivetrain, no. Just part of it.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I'm 100% sure I voided my hood warranty, lol.
__________________
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob


'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #38
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
You want to disrespect me and say it took me 24 hour to get back to you... I have a life outside of ME I can't be on here all the time. At least I got back to you!!! I could be a dick and start a posting fight but I have respect for other Mustang owners and people in general. I'm ending this right now because I feel you will just take anything i type the wrong way. Have a good day.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Adamp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Marina
Region: California
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
Didn't you just say "the only thing voided would be the part you put on nothing else" that would me the gear itself and anything in the diff??
I should have said the part and what is affected by it. Its a given they will say that aftermarket product is the cause. Unless you find a real honest mechanic.
__________________
2012 V6 AUTOMATIC 3.7 / MAGNA FLOW MUFFLERS / 3.73 GEARS / STEEDA CAI / 91HYBRID OCTANE TUNE / STRUT BAR / GUNMETAL MATTE METALLIC RACING STRIPE / BBK SHORTY HEADERS / BBK 73MM THROTTLE BODY
Adamp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post
You want to disrespect me and say it took me 24 hour to get back to you... I have a life outside of ME I can't be on here all the time. At least I got back to you!!! I could be a dick and start a posting fight but I have respect for other Mustang owners and people in general. I'm ending this right now because I feel you will just take anything i type the wrong way. Have a good day.
Run away! lol
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Well, it would be the diff components and axles (they lock into the carrier). So... drivetrain, no. Just part of it.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I'm 100% sure I voided my hood warranty, lol.
That's what I thought. Question for ya, I have the sloooow 2.73 gears, if I have a 3.31 put in could I go to my dealer and have the tune done from them?

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

BTW how's your car? The hood looks great,But I noticed a little smashy!? Is she good as new again?
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #42
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post

Run away! lol
I'm not running away just keeping it respectful. Maybe you should do the same. If not maybe the administrator can help you out. I'm sure there is a code of conduct for this forum.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sanguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 1,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
BTW how's your car? The hood looks great,But I noticed a little smashy!? Is she good as new again?
Yeah the hood got done the same time as the body work. She's 100% except for needing the door striker bolt moved a bit. She's slightly catching on it, probably from the door settling.
__________________
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob


'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post

Yeah the hood got done the same time as the body work. She's 100% except for needing the door striker bolt moved a bit. She's slightly catching on it, probably from the door settling.
Good! I think I would have cried!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sanguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 1,623
If my Grand Prix was wrecked, I'd cried. Mustang, I was mad, but it looks like new and I came out of it with a heat extractor installed for free, 2 tires with 7k miles on them as spares, and a spare driver's side window. Plus, I had one rock chip on the fender and two chips on the door (those were my fault) and both got completely fixed.
__________________
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob


'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post
I'm not running away just keeping it respectful. Maybe you should do the same. If not maybe the administrator can help you out. I'm sure there is a code of conduct for this forum.
OMG I'M SHAKING IN MY BOOTS. I thought you were "ending this right now"?

You keep talking about respect. Respect is earned, bud, and so far the sum total I know about you is that you think appearance mods will void your car's warranty and that you have thin skin. I do give the benefit of the doubt, though and am nice to everyone until they do something like make multiple, poor attempts at proving I'm wrong when I know for a fact that I'm correct, because I've experienced the issue at hand, first hand, multiple times, with FordMoCo. If you want to ignore my experiences and the evidence all over the various Mustang forums and keep trying to prove me wrong, fine, but don't expect me to have any respect for you what so ever because so far, you don't deserve it. Maybe if you apologized.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
To all having transmission issues hope this help this was done to mine do not buy into the whole oil thing causing the damage or solving the problem


Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130205_011607.png
Views:	86
Size:	454.7 KB
ID:	89276
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #48
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
I'll be ordering the barton 2 post bracket shortly from AM. On another note I was disappointed to receive my GT 500 spoiler today in candy Apple! Corner was cracked off! Am's customer service took care of me and hoped ill receive a new one by the end of the week!The roush axel backs that I ordered were fine but UPS handling of spoiler package resulted in this.

Attachment 88256
Should have been bubble wrapped. I bought one used off of Ebay. The owner wrapped it very carefully, especially around the corners where he must have known that the box would have been positioned on in the truck. It arrived in perfect condition, albeit in "gotta have it green" instead of my required race red.

At least they are replacing it for you. Fingers crossed that the second one arrives perfect for you.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #49
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1 View Post
To all having transmission issues hope this help this was done to mine do not buy into the whole oil thing causing the damage or solving the problem
I had the TSB done a week ago. Before in below freezing weather it was notchy shifting with an occasional mild grind. Since the TSB was preformed not one problem with shifting at all. It was 10 degrees this morning when I left for work I started my car and only left it run 5 minutes not enough time for it to warm up and had no issues with shifting. I have 20,000 miles on my car never had an issue until my mustang was in cold weather. I bought it last march and this is it's first winter. I think the factory tranny fluid is to think for cold climates and caused the shifting problem.

You said yours had 5000 miles when it pretty much took a s**t. I'm betting your tranny had defective part/parts when it was built. Your tranny is only the second one I have heard of in a year having that bad a problem and the other one happened six month after purchase with less than 10,000 miles. That tranny was in a GT on youtube.

Hey wheelman if you "REALLY" need an apology? I' m so sorrrrrry!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post

I had the TSB done a week ago. Before in below freezing weather it was notchy shifting with an occasional mild grind. Since the TSB was preformed not one problem with shifting at all. It was 10 degrees this morning when I left for work I started my car and only left it run 5 minutes not enough time for it to warm up and had no issues with shifting. I have 20,000 miles on my car never had an issue until my mustang was in cold weather. I bought it last march and this is it's first winter. I think the factory tranny fluid is to think for cold climates and caused the shifting problem.

You said yours had 5000 miles when it pretty much took a s**t. I'm betting your tranny had defective part/parts when it was built. Your tranny is only the second one I have heard of in a year having that bad a problem and the other one happened six month after purchase with less than 10,000 miles. That tranny was in a GT on youtube.

Hey wheelman if you "REALLY" need an apology? I' m so sorrrrrry!!!
I took it not because it took a **** but because being notchy and grinding is not normal at all just putting it out there that I dont believe fluid was the cause of it. It might stop it for now but since I got the replacement is not even notchy and has the same fluid as my last one just built better. I could still had kept my other transmission and ran it for over 20k plus and it would work but I wanted to prevent further damage.
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post
Hey wheelman if you "REALLY" need an apology? I' m so sorrrrrry!!!
Accepted.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #52
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1 View Post

I took it not because it took a **** but because being notchy and grinding is not normal at all just putting it out there that I dont believe fluid was the cause of it. It might stop it for now but since I got the replacement is not even notchy and has the same fluid as my last one just built better. I could still had kept my other transmission and ran it for over 20k plus and it would work but I wanted to prevent further damage.
I understand what you are saying. But you also said you had metal in your fluid after just 5000 miles. I'm assuming you had shifting problem in warm as well as cold weather. I bet you bought a Mustang with parts that were sent threw quality control when they were bad. 20,000 miles and after TSB no metal found in mine... My point is just because your tranny was bad does not mean everyone is. I'm sure china makes good stuff but they also send the bad stuff threw as well and your tranny had some bad parts put in it.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #53
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Here's an instance about quality in China. I was looking at some 6" adjustable wrenches and the adjustment screws on a few of them were way out of tolerance. The screws threads on properly made wrenches are flat on top with a knurl. but a few in a the lot I was looking at were machined to a sharpe point and the free play in them was terrible. Try turning that with your thumb once. Just wanted to say they use good and bad parts when assembling anything they make.

I'm sure there are plant over there where the quality control is good but damn a lot of them suck!!! I think Ford need to look at it's transmission plants quality control.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
I am not saying all the mt82 are bad, what I am saying is if you have anything abnormal behavior if its grinding or popping gears look into it and not just believe it will be fixed with a fluid change.
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Should have been bubble wrapped. I bought one used off of Ebay. The owner wrapped it very carefully, especially around the corners where he must have known that the box would have been positioned on in the truck. It arrived in perfect condition, albeit in "gotta have it green" instead of my required race red.

At least they are replacing it for you. Fingers crossed that the second one arrives perfect for you.
It was poorly bubble wrapped! I just got the second one and it has multiple defects....missing paint, dust under paint and a deformation from sanding prior to paint that looks like a dent! It was better wrapped this time but its now becoming a pain in the ***! I'm not sure ill be ordering my wheels/tire combo,barton shifter,painted mirrors and new lug set in a month from them. Customer service has been good from AM but I'm losing faith!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

It was poorly bubble wrapped! I just got the second one and it has multiple defects....missing paint, dust under paint and a deformation from sanding prior to paint that looks like a dent! It was better wrapped this time but its now becoming a pain in the ***! I'm not sure ill be ordering my wheels/tire combo,barton shifter,painted mirrors and new lug set in a month from them. Customer service has been good from AM but I'm losing faith!
Wow, not good
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #57
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
It was poorly bubble wrapped! I just got the second one and it has multiple defects....missing paint, dust under paint and a deformation from sanding prior to paint that looks like a dent! It was better wrapped this time but its now becoming a pain in the ***! I'm not sure ill be ordering my wheels/tire combo,barton shifter,painted mirrors and new lug set in a month from them. Customer service has been good from AM but I'm losing faith!
This certainly sucks...at this point, I'd be asking for a 3rd try, but at a percentage of refund or store credit.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Dont feel bad, though. I preordered a Hero3 cam in September, got it in November, didn't work right so I shipped it back in December for a replacement and it's now February, but still no camera.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
On top of that the third one was supposed to have shipped today for delevery Friday but didn't leave yet! So that means ill only be getting it next Monday! Really not happy with AM!

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
Dont feel bad, though. I preordered a Hero3 cam in September, got it in November, didn't work right so I shipped it back in December for a replacement and it's now February, but still no camera.
That's really bad!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sanguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 1,623
Like I said, one guy had a huge issue with spoilers. Mainly them getting broken in shipment. I want to order my stuff through them, but geeeeeeze.
__________________
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob


'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaintSancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Miramar
Region: Florida
Posts: 149
I mean it's not all their fault. some of these parts are really awkward being shipped and I doubt a big heavy box is handled gently
__________________
|Short Throw Shifter| RtR Splitter| SR Lowering Springs| Roush Exhaust| Ford Racing Midpipe| Raxiom Headlights| 2013 V6
SaintSancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:24 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Well the first one was poorly packaged at best. There was bubble wrap around the ends but not around the corners that were completely exposed in a box where the spoiler is free to move around! In turn one corner of the spoiler is damaged! Second one was wrapped a lot better, bubble wrap around the corners, the spoiler was not damaged this time but mutiple defects with it.(four in total). The third was supposed to ship out Tuesday for delievery Friday and still hasn't shipped yet so it will only arrive sometime next week! So yeah I'm upset with them!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:58 AM   #63
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Packaging is the shippers responsibility. If they choose to use a big box, then they (shipper) have to be responsible for the arrival condition. We all know how from experience (and these large parts suppliers too) that FedEx, UPS, and others are not going to be gentle with packages when they have to deliver numerous packages within a day before they can call their shift done.

Your number two delivery was just flat the fault of AM; if the spoiler had that many defects, how did it get to the point of a potential sale and delivery in the first place? Poor quality control.

I'd be asking politly for some credit made to my account for all this. You have been more than patient.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
MrMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Packaging is the shippers responsibility. If they choose to use a big box, then they (shipper) have to be responsible for the arrival condition. We all know how from experience (and these large parts suppliers too) that FedEx, UPS, and others are not going to be gentle with packages when they have to deliver numerous packages within a day before they can call their shift done.

Your number two delivery was just flat the fault of AM; if the spoiler had that many defects, how did it get to the point of a potential sale and delivery in the first place? Poor quality control.

I'd be asking politly for some credit made to my account for all this. You have been more than patient.
Thx....ill do that today seeing I have to call them for a tracking # anyways. I hope the third one has no issues! Can't help but feel the dropped the ball on this on.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:29 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.