Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Roush RS conversion?

12K views 161 replies 19 participants last post by  8Ball_3.7 
#1 ·
So I have started to purchase the parts to convert my 2013 MCA v6 into a roush RS replica , although mine will be procharged :D anyone else going thos route?

#64 ·
Well... Just because you have 19s doesn't mean the tire diameter will change. You'd have to match the right aspect ration to achieve a similar size.

However, a larger rim does move heavier mass to the outside of the wheel. This increases the effort needed to accelerate/stop. MPG will suffer just because of that, and most 19s are wider, and wider rubber has a larger contact patch (and more weight), which creates more friction and requiring more power to maintain the same speed.

Weeeee, physics.

#65 · (Edited)
:love: lol :lmao:

:good: He is absolutely correct.

Go to a SCCA race and see how many guys run smaller rims or the smallest stock rim they can run in stock classes. Less rotational mass means better mpg, better getting to speed quicker and better cornering because less mass is pushing into the corner at the furthest points of the car. Same goes for drag racing but the benefits are light mass and weight transfer to the rear wheels. large diameter rims are good for bigger brakes. other than that they have no real great benefit.

#69 ·
Sanguin said:
Well... Just because you have 19s doesn't mean the tire diameter will change. You'd have to match the right aspect ration to achieve a similar size.

However, a larger rim does move heavier mass to the outside of the wheel. This increases the effort needed to accelerate/stop. MPG will suffer just because of that, and most 19s are wider, and wider rubber has a larger contact patch (and more weight), which creates more friction and requiring more power to maintain the same speed.

Weeeee, physics.
All very true. I don't know the diameter change, but in regard to the RS rims, they are nothing special. To me, its the biggest disappointment. They just pull them off of a particular model they get in, a different GT I believe.

#76 ·
I wanted NO Roush, No Saleen, nothing but the baby "I" ordered....
I'm happy! we can spilt hairs on the woulda, shoulda, or coulda line til we are as blue as a frakking smurf....
We are human beings...are we ever completely happy...hell no!
I'm making the best with what I bought. and I Love it!!!!
Go were your heart tells you to go...but stop and listen to the brain right before you make that jump....ups and downs to both sides for sure!

#80 ·
see that was my issue. The premium got the 4.2 lcd and track apps, sync, my color, and the packages I added got me the spoiler, 19" rims, leather and a few other frills. I agree, IF the GT had all but the leather, 19"s..I might have gone that route...but after driving the V6 (firend's mustangs and test drives, 1 rental car for a weekend) that was where my money was going. :)

#81 · (Edited)
I went from a GT to a sixxer lol. Took a few rides in both and realized the sixxer was enough for me. I only miss the growl. I saved the money and will by a track dedicated car. Best of both worlds for me. In a year prices on all mustangs prior to the new model will slowly drop. In two years deal will be had on clean used v6 rs cars and s/c v8 cars if u can wait it out. Just playing devil's advocate.. lol

#82 ·
thats what i figure on doing , a dedicated older performance Mustang, pref a convertible of some description ;)

#84 ·
Which package do you like the looks of better??? My vote would be the rtr....but it's your car

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

I bought the rtr chin spoiler for mine, just havent had time to install yet

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

I bought the rtr chin spoiler for mine, just havent had time to install yet

#87 ·
YES....and you can build an RTR with or without certifying it.
JimC won a RTR conversion here thru...cant remember CJ, late model...somebody. chime in here Jim......
hoping I have the right member...LOL

#97 ·
monkey13 said:
I stand corrected.. But i think there's one rs too but don't quote me on.that
I do LOVE the all carbon fiber Mustang they did, the 2012.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Car Bumper

If I won the lottery, this would be my daily driver. Except, I would pull the supercharged 8 and put in a twin turbo six. Nothing like 500+ hp and 40 mpg lol

#109 ·
cool! WE appreciate it. As for mine...only add on will be the Roush upper grille and the RTR chin spoiler. Slimer is a mix of many styles and aftermarket parts :)

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

but you and Monkey might be the only RTR V6's if you get that done....until they officially add one to their line-up ;)

#110 ·
cool! WE appreciate it. As for mine...only add on will be the Roush upper grille and the RTR chin spoiler. Slimer is a mix of many styles and aftermarket parts :)

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

but you and Monkey might be the only RTR V6's if you get that done....until they officially add one to their line-up ;)
Soon danielson soon lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.