Roush RS conversion? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13 View Post

You have to let your insurance know of the extra expenses and its up ti them if they will cover it or not. Some just charge a lil more. I've been covered for some parts but not others
Man, that's a real gamble if you spend like 4 to 5k on cosmetic upgrades , get into a accident and be stuck paying for the replacement of the cosmetic upgrades
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Man, that's a real gamble if you spend like 4 to 5k on cosmetic upgrades , get into a accident and be stuck paying for the replacement of the cosmetic upgrades
What i would do is talk to the ins first ...but 99% of the time they cover the parts that are on the car be it factory or aftermarket
monkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What i would do is talk to the ins first ...but 99% of the time they cover the parts that are on the car be it factory or aftermarket
Well that's good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I just got insurance with another carrier (Went from Progressive to Geico, saved over $200). They charged a couple of bucks more because I lowered the car with the FRHP. They also inquired about the rims I had on. Since they came with the car no further charge.

They sure ran through a list about items added to the car.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Same thing with me.. I had to give a list of extras and price
Old 02-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Thats all very good to know
AndreaCristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13

Progressive and Esurance charge more. They will only replace what was stock. I am paying a few bucks more for 1500-2000 in extra coverage. So, they will replace after market parts up to that. I have more than that, but I figure an accident won't ruin my front, rear, and sides. If it does, I won't be replacing parts-Ill be replacing the whole car lol

And you cannot legitimately make it into one.

A Roush is taken from Ford and is titled as a Roush. Your car, if it is titled, does not qualify. MAYBE they will take it in and mod it, but it is impossible to be redone. I have bugged them a LOT about this lol.

4k is a good deal IF you appreciate the styling. If not, its rather overpriced. Depends what you like. My next new vehicle will be the RS, then doing my aeromods there lol. I mean, if Ford doesn't change it too much over the next five years or so.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

Progressive and Esurance charge more. They will only replace what was stock. I am paying a few bucks more for 1500-2000 in extra coverage. So, they will replace after market parts up to that. I have more than that, but I figure an accident won't ruin my front, rear, and sides. If it does, I won't be replacing parts-Ill be replacing the whole car lol

And you cannot legitimately make it into one.

A Roush is taken from Ford and is titled as a Roush. Your car, if it is titled, does not qualify. MAYBE they will take it in and mod it, but it is impossible to be redone. I have bugged them a LOT about this lol.

4k is a good deal IF you appreciate the styling. If not, its rather overpriced. Depends what you like. My next new vehicle will be the RS, then doing my aeromods there lol. I mean, if Ford doesn't change it too much over the next five years or so.
Agreed... But there are dealers which you ship them your car and it will be a certified rs/roush edition. It won't be read on the vin but will read on car proof. Such dealer is the roush center in Vegas i believe. I too will be.upgrading to a stage 3 or Gt500 but written shall see
Old 02-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey13

Agreed... But there are dealers which you ship them your car and it will be a certified rs/roush edition. It won't be read on the vin but will read on car proof. Such dealer is the roush center in Vegas i believe. I too will be.upgrading to a stage 3 or Gt500 but written shall see
Stage 3 is faster, oddly enough.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 02-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
It's too bad that the roush rs doesn't have any more power than a stock v6 all you paying for is the look. I thought about trading my 2012 v6 that I've done a bunch to in for one. But I wouldn't be gaining anything other than get a 2013 and the recaro seats.
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
It's too bad that the roush rs doesn't have any more power than a stock v6 all you paying for is the look. I thought about trading my 2012 v6 that I've done a bunch to in for one. But I wouldn't be gaining anything other than get a 2013 and the recaro seats.
Yeah, I agree, Roush really needs to give some performance enhancements with the RS package.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, I agree, Roush really needs to give some performance enhancements with the RS package.
Sanderson ford here in Phx has 2 roush rs in stock I really want one but its just not worth it but the they only want 28k plus fees so pretty good deal
Old 02-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Sanderson ford here in Phx has 2 roush rs in stock I really want one but its just not worth it but the they only want 28k plus fees so pretty good deal
That's tough... For 30 you get a gt or a used 2011/2 with a ton of performance mods.

Gotta do what makes ya happy!

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

That's the thing that's stoping me from getting one. I would rather have a gt but I want a gt premium but I just can't afford one right now. Maybe when the 14 or 15 comes out prices will drop then I might be able to.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post

That's tough... For 30 you get a gt or a used 2011/2 with a ton of performance mods.

Gotta do what makes ya happy!
Even paying the 5 k for the RS package, one could do a lot of performance mods with that 5k.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I think I might break down and get the 2013 rs. I can't stop thinking about it I just wish it was a v8
Old 02-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think I might break down and get the 2013 rs. I can't stop thinking about it I just wish it was a v8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4035434273.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	89174  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Supercharge it and pretend its a V8. Lol. What are they asking for it. Its sweet looking.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Supercharge it and pretend its a V8. Lol. What are they asking for it. Its sweet looking.
27k.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Sanderson Ford is a great dealership. Awesome people there.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

27k.
Stick or auto? What options does the model come with not including the RS package
Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Stick or auto? What options does the model come with not including the RS package
It looks to be a 200A, Manual Trans with Recaro's
That is why I got mine, MSRP was still cheaper than what the MSRP is on the RS, but 8K off is a good deal.
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's a v6 premium plus the roush stuff.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's a stick and it has the recaro seats I'm in love with those
Old 02-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow. that seems like a pretty decent deal.

I am not saying the RS package is the RS package PRICE better than without. But, its a different beast. Your mpgs will be better, too, but, your performance will be down a bit.

If one prices out all the parts, it is pretty close to what it costs, but the Roush stuff makes the difference. If you have performance mods, then pull them off and put them on the RS. Or, contact Roush, see if they will cut you a deal on CAI and exhaust and install, check out the Roush facility. Its a blast. (Blast as in, your wife/girlfriend will want to pull your hair out, but you will be in heaven).

Old 02-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow. that seems like a pretty decent deal.

I am not saying the RS package is the RS package PRICE better than without. But, its a different beast. Your mpgs will be better, too, but, your performance will be down a bit.

If one prices out all the parts, it is pretty close to what it costs, but the Roush stuff makes the difference. If you have performance mods, then pull them off and put them on the RS. Or, contact Roush, see if they will cut you a deal on CAI and exhaust and install, check out the Roush facility. Its a blast. (Blast as in, your wife/girlfriend will want to pull your hair out, but you will be in heaven).
How is the mpg better and performance down in the rs? And I was gunna swap over intakes and have the dealer install the roush exhaust
Old 02-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

If anything the Mileage will be worse, Summer only 255/40 19 will cut it down a little, but the Shorter height over the stock 225/60 17 will give it a little more pick up.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How is the mpg better and performance down in the rs? And I was gunna swap over intakes and have the dealer install the roush exhaust
I infer the 19's will have a bigger wheel diameter, which will increase how far you go from one wheel rotation. Takes more work to get started, but when driving you are more efficient. All thing equal besides tire diameter, one rotation on a smaller tire is less efficient mpg wise than a bigger one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
If anything the Mileage will be worse, Summer only 255/40 19 will cut it down a little, but the Shorter height over the stock 225/60 17 will give it a little more pick up.
Why would the mileage be worse? If you only drive stop and go or stop sign to stop sign, starting and going, yes-it will be worse. Performance will be down because your gearing has gone up.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Well... Just because you have 19s doesn't mean the tire diameter will change. You'd have to match the right aspect ration to achieve a similar size.

However, a larger rim does move heavier mass to the outside of the wheel. This increases the effort needed to accelerate/stop. MPG will suffer just because of that, and most 19s are wider, and wider rubber has a larger contact patch (and more weight), which creates more friction and requiring more power to maintain the same speed.

Weeeee, physics.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Well... Just because you have 19s doesn't mean the tire diameter will change. You'd have to match the right aspect ration to achieve a similar size.

However, a larger rim does move heavier mass to the outside of the wheel. This increases the effort needed to accelerate/stop. MPG will suffer just because of that, and most 19s are wider, and wider rubber has a larger contact patch (and more weight), which creates more friction and requiring more power to maintain the same speed.

Weeeee, physics.
lol

He is absolutely correct.

Go to a SCCA race and see how many guys run smaller rims or the smallest stock rim they can run in stock classes. Less rotational mass means better mpg, better getting to speed quicker and better cornering because less mass is pushing into the corner at the furthest points of the car. Same goes for drag racing but the benefits are light mass and weight transfer to the rear wheels. large diameter rims are good for bigger brakes. other than that they have no real great benefit.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I infer the 19's will have a bigger wheel diameter, which will increase how far you go from one wheel rotation. Takes more work to get started, but when driving you are more efficient. All thing equal besides tire diameter, one rotation on a smaller tire is less efficient mpg wise than a bigger one.
Why would the mileage be worse? If you only drive stop and go or stop sign to stop sign, starting and going, yes-it will be worse. Performance will be down because your gearing has gone up.
Going from Stock 17 inch tire size of 27.63 Versus the Brembo 19 inch size of 27.03 and the Stock 18's having a 27.3 is what I was going from.
I run the same size as the Brembo Tires on my Performance package in the summer and have the Stock 17's on it right now for winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post

Weeeee, physics.
I was just going off the Ford Mustang Tire sizes used, back to Physics and having the actual tires on my car
Old 02-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

That's a good deal for the car at 27k. Sweet.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's a good deal for the car at 27k. Sweet.
Hell yea but its Cus its a V6 all looks .. The one i had here was a RS3
Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin

Weeeee, physics.
All very true. I don't know the diameter change, but in regard to the RS rims, they are nothing special. To me, its the biggest disappointment. They just pull them off of a particular model they get in, a different GT I believe.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hell yea but its Cus its a V6 all looks .. The one i had here was a RS3
It looks amazing. It still putting down 13.7 to 14.1 stock 1/4 mile runs. That certainly is respectable and looks like a Roush which it would be considered. I personally would rather spend 27k on the Roush RS instead of a 5.0 but that's just my opinion. It really depends on what you want in your pony.

Not every mustang owner is looking to have 400 plus HP to the wheels. I wish I had known about this Roush RS back in 2010 when I bought my 2011 sixer. I would of seriously considered it at 27k for the premium v6. I certainly love the 5.0 but not enough love to justify 7,500k more for a bare bones base 5.0. I just couldn't pull the trigger to spend that extra loot.

The base 5.0 did not have power seats, no rear camera, no leather, no electronics package, (sync system), no navigation system. I looked at the salesman and said what the heck do I get for 7500 dollars extra. The base 5.0 interior was the darn same as the base V6 model. The salesman said but its the GT and was about one second faster than the V6 in 0-60 runs. The 5.0 can travel at speeds of over 140 plus. I said that's great, no thank you.

That RS looks awesome and seems like a good deal.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang