Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Roush RS conversion?

12K views 161 replies 19 participants last post by  8Ball_3.7 
#1 ·
So I have started to purchase the parts to convert my 2013 MCA v6 into a roush RS replica , although mine will be procharged :D anyone else going thos route?

#2 ·
You should check and find out if Roush will certify your car as being a Roush Mustang. Otherwise you wont be able to sell it as a Certified Roush car. Someone else posted a thread earlier about this.

#3 ·
They won't unless you pay them to convert your car. Also, they have one lower grill they do not sell to the public. It's open with no fins covering it. You can't get it aftermarket and may not ever be able to.

#11 ·
Sanguin.....they are releasing a bumper to match the upper.....was on their site last night and saw it...looks like a duplicate of the other. Its on eBay as well...gonna stick with my GT/CS lower....
as for converting your car into a Roush.....go for it...its only the spoiler, front grilles, and 1/4 louvers, and...come on gang..im missing something (scratching head...err)

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

dammit meant to say "Grille" not bumper.....crap

#19 ·
2013 ROUSH RS Mustang - Components

Very, very basic. Grills, splitters, Roush badges and decals, spoiler, floormats, pedals, springs, and wheels.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

That said...

"The Lower Grille is expected to available in Feb. The lower high flow opening is not being offered retail only for our production Mustangs."

From Roush rep here: 2013 high flow lower grille - MustangForums.com

#22 ·
It also includes roush mufflers and a few roush logoed items on the interior as well but basic mods for the 4k. If u like the look and it has to be a serialized official Roush and you arent interested in the power of the 5.0 then the RS is a good option.

#23 ·
If I'm reading it correct, the conversion is only for the RS Roush and no other model Roush.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

The 4000 they are talking about adds rims tires and leather seats from roush. Im not doing any of that. I am adding the exhaust and CAI from roush instead. So probably around 3k

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

http://www.roushperformance.com/vehicles/mustang-2013-rs-components.html

Here are all the complete compnents.
Thanks bro

#26 · (Edited)
If they were on the lots when I bought my car I would have probably bought one. I like the look of the Roush and the Brembos so it would have been a win for me. If you piece it together yourself with paint it would not save you much.

From what I have read on forums most would rather put the money into performamce mods though or just get the base 5.0 so I dont know how well these are selling. Might find a great deal on a RS if that is the case.

#33 ·
Let me ask you this question. If one spends 4 k on the Roush RS body kit and let's say you get into a accident. Does the insurance company pay for your Roush parts to be replaced or are you $hit out of luck. What is covered under ones insurance to be replaced. I would think the insurance company would only pay for your stock parts to be replaced.

#39 ·
I just got insurance with another carrier (Went from Progressive to Geico, saved over $200). They charged a couple of bucks more because I lowered the car with the FRHP. They also inquired about the rims I had on. Since they came with the car no further charge.

They sure ran through a list about items added to the car.

#42 ·
monkey13 said:
What i would do is talk to the ins first ...but 99% of the time they cover the parts that are on the car be it factory or aftermarket
Progressive and Esurance charge more. They will only replace what was stock. I am paying a few bucks more for 1500-2000 in extra coverage. So, they will replace after market parts up to that. I have more than that, but I figure an accident won't ruin my front, rear, and sides. If it does, I won't be replacing parts-Ill be replacing the whole car lol

And you cannot legitimately make it into one.

A Roush is taken from Ford and is titled as a Roush. Your car, if it is titled, does not qualify. MAYBE they will take it in and mod it, but it is impossible to be redone. I have bugged them a LOT about this lol.

4k is a good deal IF you appreciate the styling. If not, its rather overpriced. Depends what you like. My next new vehicle will be the RS, then doing my aeromods there lol. I mean, if Ford doesn't change it too much over the next five years or so.

#43 ·
Progressive and Esurance charge more. They will only replace what was stock. I am paying a few bucks more for 1500-2000 in extra coverage. So, they will replace after market parts up to that. I have more than that, but I figure an accident won't ruin my front, rear, and sides. If it does, I won't be replacing parts-Ill be replacing the whole car lol

And you cannot legitimately make it into one.

A Roush is taken from Ford and is titled as a Roush. Your car, if it is titled, does not qualify. MAYBE they will take it in and mod it, but it is impossible to be redone. I have bugged them a LOT about this lol.

4k is a good deal IF you appreciate the styling. If not, its rather overpriced. Depends what you like. My next new vehicle will be the RS, then doing my aeromods there lol. I mean, if Ford doesn't change it too much over the next five years or so.
Agreed... But there are dealers which you ship them your car and it will be a certified rs/roush edition. It won't be read on the vin but will read on car proof. Such dealer is the roush center in Vegas i believe. I too will be.upgrading to a stage 3 or Gt500 but written shall see

#44 ·
monkey13 said:
Agreed... But there are dealers which you ship them your car and it will be a certified rs/roush edition. It won't be read on the vin but will read on car proof. Such dealer is the roush center in Vegas i believe. I too will be.upgrading to a stage 3 or Gt500 but written shall see
Stage 3 is faster, oddly enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.