Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Deepest sounding exhaust setup

Tags
exhaust
27K views 50 replies 19 participants last post by  Oh2freshstang 
#1 ·
I know their are 15 million threads on here about exhausts but what do you all believe to be the best setup for a nice deep rumble like a V8. I know that it is only a V6 and I won't get a true V8 sound but I can get as close as possible. What do you all think?

#3 ·
Read through the 15 million threads for all the recommended advice.

Then, go to local car shows in your area. Find some V6 Mustangs with aftermarket exhaust installs. When you find the exhaust note you like, ask the owner, and purchase.

As the 15 million threads on this subject will all point out, sound is suggestive. It's best to hear it first hand before buying. The best way is to attend some local shows.
I bought GT500 axle backs; it was the perfect exhaust note for me; I drive almost 700 miles a week on the highway, and like to listen to my Sirius radio. When I heard this setup on another 3.7 V6, I knew it was the right one for me.

#4 ·
I had the magnaflow street Axlebacks and they are awesome. In my opinion they are the deepest sounding kit but not too loud. I am now running the pypes pype bomb kit with a set of resonators because I wanted something a little louder but they do not have quite as deep of a tone. I have my magnaflows for sale if you would be interested

#9 · (Edited)
What are you talking about --""DRONE"" no way !!

I have Magnaflow streets on my 2012 3.7 V6 and there is absolutely no drone at all.
I get a very nice deep exhaust note that sounds great.
The tips are the best looking of any Mufflers out there.
The Mufflers are stainless steel.
The longer they are on my car the better they are sounding.
They are not loud and obnoxious but louder then the silencers the factory had on my car when I bought it.
They are way lighter then the stock mufflers.
They are loud enough and sound good enough that I'm happy I have them.
They are not cop magnets but really will come alive when flooring the car for passing or just showing off.
They are the best $512.00 I have ever spent on a car. ""EVER""

Ronnie

#10 ·
I have Magnaflow streets on my 2012 3.7 V6 and there is absolutely no drone at all.
I get a very nice deep exhaust note that sounds great.
The tips are the best looking of any Mufflers out there.
The Mufflers are stainless steel.
The longer they are on my car the better they are sounding.
They are not loud and obnoxious but louder then the silencers the factory had on my car when I bought it.
They are way lighter then the stock mufflers.
They are loud enough and sound good enough that I'm happy I have them.
They are not cop magnets but really will come alive when flooring the car for passing or just showing off.
They are the best $512.00 I have ever spent on a car. ""EVER""

Ronnie
Too bad they are almost $700 now :/

#11 ·
I paid $280.00 total for the GT500's I have. It too was the best investment for an exhaust mod I have spent. Got them used off of a wrecked :)disgust:) Shelby. Before that, I installed a set of Roush axle backs; they remained on the car a record 20 minutes, before they were promptly removed, and the stock mufflers were back on until I heard a set of GT500's on a 3.7. I had to have them.

As you can see by the replies, it's all up to you and what sound pleases you.

#16 ·
I had heard them on a 2011 V6 Mustang

When I heard them on a V6 2011 Mustang at a car show I was hooked. I did not want loud but I did want a nice deeper rumble. I loved the tips and even compared them to Ford Racing touring before I bought them. I did not hear the Ford Racing but went to a local speed shop and compared the quality and I liked the Magnaflows much better. I ordered them, installed them and went on a long trip to the American Muscle all Mustang show in Media Pa. They went on easy, fit perfect and sounded just great as soon as I started my car.
If you want loud and obnoxious you don't want these at all. I'm guessing the comps are really loud because they are not really a muffler set. They are more like a chambered pipe. Not for Me!!!!

Ronnie

#17 ·
When I heard them on a V6 2011 Mustang at a car show I was hooked. I did not want loud but I did want a nice deeper rumble. I loved the tips and even compared them to Ford Racing touring before I bought them. I did not hear the Ford Racing but went to a local speed shop and compared the quality and I liked the Magnaflows much better. I ordered them, installed them and went on a long trip to the American Muscle all Mustang show in Media Pa. They went on easy, fit perfect and sounded just great as soon as I started my car.
If you want loud and obnoxious you don't want these at all. I'm guessing the comps are really loud because they are not really a muffler set. They are more like a chambered pipe. Not for Me!!!!

Ronnie
How do they sound in the cabin? I was thinking about maybe getting the catback version, not sure what sound difference that would make, but the outside sound clips I've heard make me want them.

#24 ·
I have them and they are cheap because they produce them really fast so the welds aren't spot on in placement. But they sound great if you just get an extra bracket welded on to make it straight they'd be perfect. Plus you'd still be cheaper than other systems if you just do that. But this is on a 13 figment might be better on an 11-12

#29 ·
I have the pypes and without resonators they pop quite a bit and have a trumpety sound when you floor it. After resonators it sounds awesome

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Fitment does suck tho. It's very hard to get them to line up straight in the rear fender

#45 ·
My Ford Racing mufflers drone from 2000-4500, but they aren't that deep. My friend has a Magnaflow set up and his resonates better and is way deeper, but his doesn't have the thrashing sound when he hits high RPMs. However, I agree with everyone else. Find mustangs with aftermarket exhaust systems, that is how I found my sound.

I will post a video of my sound if you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.