HP and Torque for Headers - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowned1 View Post

I want to see YOUR charts
Yes that's what I said?!? RELAX bro hahaha
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
I should clarify. I have a tuner and tunes from Bama. I have the capability to launch hard as heck if I wanted to. What I was saying was that I want to get my new drive shaft in before going to crazy with the launches and going to the strip. I know I would most likely be fine but this car is my DD and I can't have it out of commission.
__________________
"Turn the mic back on" -Winston Churchill
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
I should clarify. I have a tuner and tunes from Bama. I have the capability to launch hard as heck if I wanted to. What I was saying was that I want to get my new drive shaft in before going to crazy with the launches and going to the strip. I know I would most likely be fine but this car is my DD and I can't have it out of commission.
Yea if u get gears you will need the DSfor stock 2.73's don't worry about it bro trust me I'm launching hard as **** with my stock DS with 4.10 gears lol
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Crowned1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Yes that's what I said?!? RELAX bro hahaha
i am relaxed hahaha
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowned1 View Post

i am relaxed hahaha
No bro ur too tense!! RELAX!!!!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
I have 3.73's, there fun but im not even close to done. Im just taking the time to do everything rite the first time. Bolt on's are nice but Im interested in building my motor to take the abuse I want to throw at it.
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy the 5.0 instead of doing all engine work on your sixer and mods to try and get that power?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #43
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Well the v6 runs only 240-280 at the wheels. Since it is a v6 the gains are harder to get than our v8 counter parts. You think 10 hp is not alot but when you add the headers and tune it to run correctly, my God at the power. I've heard you lose low end which is what these cars desperately need.
Then have a set of 3.73 gears to make up for it. It will also feel like an extra 25/30hp.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post

Then had a set of 3.73 gears to make up for it. It will also feel like an extra 25/30hp.
You mean 25/30 tq
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #45
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

You mean 25/30 tq
Either or... most people relate acceleration to horse power.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #46
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
I started a thread about a month ago on full bolt on hp asking what the figure might be. Never found out but, watching a few youtube vids and taking in the info here. I think our V6 are close to if not pushing 400hp at the crank with full intake to exhaust and a few other bolt ons.

CAI & 93 race tune, throttle body & spacer, long tube headers, xpipe, catback, accel coils will help some, larger fuel injectors and a aluminum drive shaft adds hp too. So for about $4000 we should see 400hp or real close to it. On the dyno we lose about 17%. Charlie_santos said he got 315hp to the wheels that is about 375hp at the crank. Charlie what are all the mods you have? Does your mustang have all the mods I listed?
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post
I started a thread about a month ago on full bolt on hp asking what the figure might be. Never found out but, watching a few youtube vids and taking in the info here. I think our V6 are close to if not pushing 400hp at the crank with full intake to exhaust and a few other bolt ons.

CAI & 93 race tune, throttle body & spacer, long tube headers, xpipe, catback, accel coils will help some, larger fuel injectors and a aluminum drive shaft adds hp too. So for about $4000 we should see 400hp or real close to it. On the dyno we lose about 17%. Charlie_santos said he got 315hp to the wheels that is about 375hp at the crank. Charlie what are all the mods you have? Does your mustang have all the mods I listed?
My mods

CAI, TB, TB Spacer, Headers, Xpipe, 4.10 gears, 91 Hybrid Tune. Getting a new DS this summer
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

My mods

CAI, TB, TB Spacer, Headers, Xpipe, 4.10 gears, 91 Hybrid Tune. Getting a new DS this summer
Have u ran a 1/4 with all those mods?
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:58 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Have u ran a 1/4 with all those mods?
The TB is new but with previous mods yes sir. Im located in el paso tx so the elevation sucks balls here lol my best before the TB was 14.2 in Phoenix my best was 13.9 with 95octane not 91 like here in EP and thats with gay stock tires! I just got on my AMR today! With 285's in the back so i shouldnt spin too much now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3986095409.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	471.5 KB
ID:	89281   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1173184195.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	460.2 KB
ID:	89282  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4045182528.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	436.0 KB
ID:	89283  
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

The TB is new but with previous mods yes sir. Im located in el paso tx so the elevation sucks balls here lol my best before the TB was 14.2 in Phoenix my best was 13.9 with 95octane not 91 like here in EP and thats with gay stock tires! I just got on my AMR today! With 285's in the back so i shouldnt spin too much now.
You must've spun pretty bad with 4.10s and stock tires :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
There is a video out there of a guy going 12.9 on just bolt on's and drag radials in his 3.7.... Would like to see some numbers like that

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Here we go...

Video: Naturally Aspirated 2011 Mustang V6 Runs 12s | StangTV
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

You must've spun pretty bad with 4.10s and stock tires :p
U have no idea hahaha i was just there for like half a second and then bamm!! Grip!!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

The TB is new but with previous mods yes sir. Im located in el paso tx so the elevation sucks balls here lol my best before the TB was 14.2 in Phoenix my best was 13.9 with 95octane not 91 like here in EP and thats with gay stock tires! I just got on my AMR today! With 285's in the back so i shouldnt spin too much now.
Nice!! I'm sure u'll have better #'s with wider tires!! The rims look clean btw!!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Nice!! I'm sure u'll have better #'s with wider tires!! The rims look clean btw!!
Yea im hoping to break into the 13's here in el paso this friday! And thank you! They look 10X better in person!!!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Yea im hoping to break into the 13's here in el paso this friday! And thank you! They look 10X better in person!!!
I'm sure u will bro!!! Let's us know how u do!!! Good luck man..rep for us 3.7's!!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

I'm sure u will bro!!! Let's us know how u do!!! Good luck man..rep for us 3.7's!!
Yea man for sure!!! My boy drake just ordered his ProCharger!! Now he will be mad repping us 3.7's!!! He keeps up with 5.0's now! After pro charger and dyno tune hes gna MURDER them hahaha
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Yea man for sure!!! My boy drake just ordered his ProCharger!! Now he will be mad repping us 3.7's!!! He keeps up with 5.0's now! After pro charger and dyno tune hes gna MURDER them hahaha
That's sick bro!!! I can't wait till I go FI!! Slowly build this thing into a beast!!! Hahaha.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

That's sick bro!!! I can't wait till I go FI!! Slowly build this thing into a beast!!! Hahaha.
Yea bro but hes on a 6 week wait -____- its been 2 so he has another 4 weeks bro! And im personally going turbo!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Yea bro but hes on a 6 week wait -____- its been 2 so he has another 4 weeks bro! And im personally going turbo!
The wait is the worst part bro!! I hate it!!! I track the package like 5x a day! Hahaha. Yea I'm thinking turbo too not 100% yet though!! Gonna keep doing my HW!! Are u planning on getting the hellion turbo?
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

The wait is the worst part bro!! I hate it!!! I track the package like 5x a day! Hahaha. Yea I'm thinking turbo too not 100% yet though!! Gonna keep doing my HW!! Are u planning on getting the hellion turbo?
Yea that kit!! I plan on doing that kit then getting a custom dyno tune to reach 475HP prolly at 10psi boost! Then later later get forged internals and pump up the boost and get 600!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Yea that kit!! I plan on doing that kit then getting a custom dyno tune to reach 475HP prolly at 10psi boost! Then later later get forged internals and pump up the boost and get 600!
That's sick bro!! Are you going with the turbo soon?? Hopefully when I'm in the market for mine there are more options..I know cfm is supposed to come out with a turbo! Man 600hp would be crazy..I'm looking to do forged internals in the future too!!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

That's sick bro!! Are you going with the turbo soon?? Hopefully when I'm in the market for mine there are more options..I know cfm is supposed to come out with a turbo! Man 600hp would be crazy..I'm looking to do forged internals in the future too!!
Im shooting for the end of summer to have the turbo
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Im shooting for the end of summer to have the turbo
That's dope bro!!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:40 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.