Performance package - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
SAINTSANCHO....mine was 30,600 out the door. I wanted this baby loaded....short of the useless glass roof, nav system, and that back-up alert / camera combo

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

and NO..i did NOT want a GT! The V6 gives great performance...more than any car ive every had, and decent mpg to go with the power ;P

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

ordered it special 2/4/2012...before I even saw the color in person (the North American auto show pics of the Boss 302 in GHIG was the final; push for it..after teaser shots of the color in november of 2011

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I had a GT and went to the 6... The growl I miss. The gas milage I dont. The 6 is much lighter up front and turns in much better because of it. Most think it is a GT because I swapped the grilles out for the MCA grilles. I love the car. Could have bought another GT but after several test drives in both the V6 was a great buy. Daily driving the GT and the V6 the 6 just is much more comfortable and smoother. My GT saw a lot of track use. I figured get the 6 and buy a car for the track. Best of both worlds in my case.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Exhaust tips are same for all v6 models as far as I know, just differing for auto and manual trans.
Hmm...maybe they added it on after the fact. It definitely had Ford Racing etched into it. They've sold the car now so it's no longer listed on their site for me to see what all it says they did to it.
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
Awesome next time I'm up the ill keep you in mind we can see how the compare
Cool, I will try to meet up.
We are having a GTG at Fontana Dam with a bunch of Stangs from North Carolina around the 18th of May (date could change since they are still in the planning stage).
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
The way I look at is. A Mustang is a Mustang!! The person driving it is the only one who should care what it is, a V6 or a V 8!! The person on the out side looking at it is saying , damn look at that nice looking car, and wishing they had one!! And really, that's what it's all about!! Having a great car like the fantastic Mustang!!!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I have out handled lots of imports that are perfectly balanced on race tracks and on the dragons tail so I don't know about better balanced. But like I keep saying if you like it more the congrats on your purchase
oh the dragons tail...i'd love to run you there it's where i go to test my suspension out

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
+1 it's a very nice stretch of road I want to go there after u get my 17 inch wheels with 245 in the front and 275 in the back I think it will do good it handles awesome on my pony now
Old 02-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #43
Registered Member

Regular

What wonderful problems we have. A bunch of guys who own their dream cars arguing about their dream cars. I've had an 1987 4 cylinder, a 1997 cobra and now my gt500. I loved them all. What is under the hood really doesn't matter. It's the dream and how each one of us feels about his/her car that matters. I'd have 20 of them, all different if I could afford it. I've seen a lot of v6 ponies on here I love. It's the same way with the gt's. I am just happy to see anyone in life have what they want. Somebody said earlier something about the gt500 guys looking down at gt's and the gt's looking down at v6's. the people who do that have other issues. Everyone has different dreams.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
What wonderful problems we have. A bunch of guys who own their dream cars arguing about their dream cars. I've had an 1987 4 cylinder, a 1997 cobra and now my gt500. I loved them all. What is under the hood really doesn't matter. It's the dream and how each one of us feels about his/her car that matters. I'd have 20 of them, all different if I could afford it. I've seen a lot of v6 ponies on here I love. It's the same way with the gt's. I am just happy to see anyone in life have what they want. Somebody said earlier something about the gt500 guys looking down at gt's and the gt's looking down at v6's. the people who do that have other issues. Everyone has different dreams.
Very well said .
Old 02-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

+to Infinity (and beyond..LOL) there Ubnbit!!!! We all own Mustangs!!!! the heck with whats under the hood, its the name on the car. Been around almost 50 years...and here's hoping for another 50 more!!!!! Long Live the Mustang and its diversified followers, young and old, first car or 30th+, basic or road eater, great mpg or 'what mpg?'.....
Be happy with what you have and make the very best of it. I have, and so can anyone.
It's the 'burger King' Philosophy ..have it your way!!!

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 02-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I remember seeing a 64 on the side of a road for sale when I was 18. It was rusted and the interior needed prayer and work. It was only 500 dollars, money I didn't have because I was poor college kid. I seriously fell in love with mustangs that day. I have a v6 and yes I love it, owned 2. If I had the money to spend, I would definitely buy a gt but I am extremely happy with my 6er. I got a Steeda cai, 3.73 gears, and tuner on the way, I already have the magna flows. Soon I will be even happier with my 6 since I will have more hp and tq and money in my wallet. If u have the money get the gt, if not, buy a v6 and learn a thing or two about modding a vehicle.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #47
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
+to Infinity (and beyond..LOL) there Ubnbit!!!! We all own Mustangs!!!! the heck with whats under the hood, its the name on the car. Been around almost 50 years...and here's hoping for another 50 more!!!!! Long Live the Mustang and its diversified followers, young and old, first car or 30th+, basic or road eater, great mpg or 'what mpg?'.....
Be happy with what you have and make the very best of it. I have, and so can anyone.
It's the 'burger King' Philosophy ..have it your way!!!

I feel the need for a speech!

On this day, our great nation decided to come together, to stand as one. Refused to be divided by number of valves per cylinder! It doesn't matter if I'm pushing 18 pounds of boost or no boost at all. We stand banned together as preservers of all men's muscle car dreams, regardless of how many pistons are turned by your crank! We will continue to support our brothers who paint them red and white and blue and park beside those in rust and ratty rag tops. From 64 1/2 to 13 we confront those who wear the bow tie standing as an armed front, diverse in size and power but united by an emblem of freedom. A pony, that awaits to be ridden by the face of freedom. So I urge you. Get yourselves up. Get to the reigns of your stallion and let whatever powers it roll u into tomorrow with the thoughts that dreams are what make is wake in the a.m. and work until we can't. Be proud my brothers and sisters. Be united. Stand and support all the pony family!
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

For me..it was mom and dad taking me to a carshow when I was 5...and mom pointing out as we looked at it, the beautiful 64 1/2 coupe there in her colors of silversmoke grey and burg interior. Hers was long gone by then thanks to a idiot who ran a light and killed it in 67...but the look in her eyes as she admired it showed me it meant more to her than just a car....that started the Mustang love..and it grew tremendously over the years. Mom would have loved mine...sigh ( dad might have wondered what the hell I was thinking on the color LOL)

Old 02-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

I feel the need for a speech!

On this day, our great nation decided to come together, to stand as one. Refused to be divided by number of valves per cylinder! It doesn't matter if I'm pushing 18 pounds of boost or no boost at all. We stand banned together as preservers of all men's muscle car dreams, regardless of how many pistons are turned by your crank! We will continue to support our brothers who paint them red and white and blue and park beside those in rust and ratty rag tops. From 64 1/2 to 13 we confront those who wear the bow tie standing as an armed front, diverse in size and power but united by an emblem of freedom. A pony, that awaits to be ridden by the face of freedom. So I urge you. Get yourselves up. Get to the reigns of your stallion and let whatever powers it roll u into tomorrow with the thoughts that dreams are what make is wake in the a.m. and work until we can't. Be proud my brothers and sisters. Be united. Stand and support all the pony family!
Now, I'm goin to sleep lol.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

AMEN to that ubnbit! God Bless the USA and the Mustang! Or who the hell knows what forum we'd all have met up on if we didn't have these cool cars!

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

BTW..you forgot the mopar folks with the bow tie crowd...LOL

Old 02-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #51
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamp1 View Post
I remember seeing a 64 on the side of a road for sale when I was 18. It was rusted and the interior needed prayer and work. It was only 500 dollars, money I didn't have because I was poor college kid. I seriously fell in love with mustangs that day. I have a v6 and yes I love it, owned 2. If I had the money to spend, I would definitely buy a gt but I am extremely happy with my 6er. I got a Steeda cai, 3.73 gears, and tuner on the way, I already have the magna flows. Soon I will be even happier with my 6 since I will have more hp and tq and money in my wallet. If u have the money get the gt, if not, buy a v6 and learn a thing or two about modding a vehicle.
Love this story. Mine was magazine I had when I was 8. It was a 69 fastback. That dream never ended. People wanna use their cars as symbols of the financial status. That shouldn't be the intent. I'd never crush another persons dream by downing everything they work for in life. I say congratulations everyone on this forum for having what they can have.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Quote:
For me..it was mom and dad taking me to a carshow when I was 5...and mom pointing out as we looked at it, the beautiful 64 1/2 coupe there in her colors of silversmoke grey and burg interior. Hers was long gone by then thanks to a idiot who ran a light and killed it in 67...but the look in her eyes as she admired it showed me it meant more to her than just a car....that started the Mustang love..and it grew tremendously over the years. Mom would have loved mine...sigh ( dad might have wondered what the hell I was thinking on the color LOL)
Both proud knowing ur keeping the dream alive feeling that same feeling.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Quote:
AMEN to that ubnbit! God Bless the USA and the Mustang! Or who the hell knows what forum we'd all have met up on if we didn't have these cool cars!

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

BTW..you forgot the mopar folks with the bow tie crowd...LOL
Dang it! Lol. That's a lot to quote. Ill just add it here. Lol. Those with the molar thinkin the SRT was the solution to your modern muscle car, take notice that we come for you. Unfailing in our pursuit of dominance in beauty and style an performance. So beware. Whilst you slumber we come for your dreams. Showing you that our v6 leaves you wanting and our v8 brings u pain only one medicine can fix. A trade in jack!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Can you honestly tell me by choice you would want a v6 over a 5.0. V6's are great cars and alot of fun but given the choice everybody would want a gt
I test drove the 2010 GT and the 2011 V6. I chose the V6 and have a 2012.
I could have bought a 2012 GT if I had wanted one.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

I CHOSE the v6 myself as well. 305 hp was plenty for lil old me

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

besides...damn GT makes 420 hp ONLY if you use premium fuel...if you run reg unleaded in it like I would..it gets 385 (computer retunes for lower octane-the Challenger's do the same thing at my dealer

Old 02-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Nicely said, Don't forget to add the guys that look down on people with convertible's.
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I really wanted a gt I'm not Guna lie but to get a gt vert i would have to spend somewhere between 40 to 45 k when I bought the v6 vert for 27k then did leather myself. I figure if I wanted to spend more money I could spend 5k on a supercharger making me faster than gts .
geepoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by geepoons View Post
I really wanted a gt I'm not Guna lie but to get a gt vert i would have to spend somewhere between 40 to 45 k when I bought the v6 vert for 27k then did leather myself. I figure if I wanted to spend more money I could spend 5k on a supercharger making me faster than gts .
I went the route you didn't take, I bought the gt vert, I like the way you dressed up the tail lights and trunk.
That's a feature I wish I had on the 12' that the 13' mustangs have, the back end is cool idea
Old 02-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #57
Registered Member

Regular

If u lined them all up, old, new, verts, hard tops, t-tops, 4 cylinder, v6, v8, rust to red, I want them all! Lol.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #58
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Hmm...maybe they added it on after the fact. It definitely had Ford Racing etched into it. They've sold the car now so it's no longer listed on their site for me to see what all it says they did to it.
at least in 2011, the tips were different between the automatics and standard transmissions. The tips for an automatic had the exhaust tube extended out in the center of the stanless tip. For the standard transmissions, the stanless tips were hollow; no exhaust tube extending in the tips center.

I'd have no idea why Ford wiould go through expense of making two different stock axle back mufflers, unless the sound was different between the two. Perhaps having a center exhaust tube in the center for the automatic transmission equipped vehicles made the sound less audiable....I also read that the automatics had resegnators, and the manual transmissions did not (again, at least in 2011).

No big deal for me now, as I don't have stock mufflers!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I'm pretty sure the manual trans cars have more burble and pop to them, like a more open exhaust.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:27 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the manual trans cars have more burble and pop to them, like a more open exhaust.
My automatic will do that if I hold it in 2nd or 3rd
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:05 AM   #61
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
I think thats due to the manual transmission Mustangs do not have resegnators; at least for the 2011 run.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
If u lined them all up, old, new, verts, hard tops, t-tops, 4 cylinder, v6, v8, rust to red, I want them all! Lol.
me too!
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Actually he could have gotten a GT for that price exactly. Invoice on a base GT is right around $29k.
Personally, I think the 29k price tag for a bare bones base 5.0 model is way high. I certainly love the 5.0 but not love enough to pay that much for a vehicle that had not one extra creature comfort or electronic goodie. The base 5.0 is approximately 7,500k over a base V6 and you get no leather seats, no power seats, no rear camera system, no navigation system, no sync system. What the heck is one paying 7,500 dollars more?

Granted it comes with a 5.0 engine instead of a 3.7 engine however it does not cost the Ford Corporation 7,500 dollar more to produce the 5.0 engine over the 3.7 engine. Even with the 5.0's 18 inch tires, wheels and upgraded suspension that's still not costing Ford Corporation 7,500 dollars more over the 17 inch tires, wheels, suspension of the V6. At most a base 5.0 should cost 3,500 dollars more than a v6.

I'm not knocking the awesomeness of the 5.0 but just the price of it. You can get a fully loaded V6 with all the upgrades for less than 29k which is the base of bare bones 5.0. Upgrades to include Recardo cloth seats, back up camera, Tech package and performance package which includes Gt suspension, 19 inch wheels and 3:31 gears all for around 27k

It really comes down to what people want from there vehicle. Not every person who can afford to buy a 5.0 wants to pay for a car that is one second faster in a 0-60 run or 1/4 mile. Some people want the look of the awesome stang and the 305 HP is plenty. Many people don't race there car on a track and don't care if there pony can run 150 MPH. I do care about how fast my pony is and personally would love the power of the 5.0 but I don't care enough to pay the extra 7500k price tag. Ford, lower your price tag on the 5.0's.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via Skype™ to Chaseh504
I got my 2011 v6 premium with 15,000 miles on it for 21,000 with the 19inch black wheels, the strut bar, and my color and leather seats, but that's about all I know, jdk if it has the gears and all that etc.
Chaseh504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaseh504
I got my 2011 v6 premium with 15,000 miles on it for 21,000 with the 19inch black wheels, the strut bar, and my color and leather seats, but that's about all I know, jdk if it has the gears and all that etc.
Looks like your Mustang has the Performance Package.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

Can you honestly tell me by choice you would want a v6 over a 5.0. V6's are great cars and alot of fun but given the choice everybody would want a gt
If you want to make my car Payments then By all means, get me a GT. maybe even a boss 302 or a shelby?
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post

Nicely said, Don't forget to add the guys that look down on people with convertible's.
convertible isn't for me but there are those days cruising by the beach where I'm jealous as hell
haha
Old 02-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Also depends how you shop, like there are some great deals on some brand new 2011 gt's and 2012's right now.
I found a somewhat loaded gt premium vert, they were gonna sell it for under $34k
There are deals out there
Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
You guys are OK in my book. My first Mustang was a ordered new 1969 428 SCJ Mach 1 with Drag Pack. I was 24 and making big bucks at Boeings. I had just totaled my 1966 tri-power GTO [drunk ran a four way stop and hit me] At that time I also had a Top Fuel Dragster.[Everyone has to have just one. ] So fast forward and many cars later last year I sold my 04 Mach 1 to buy a 2013 MCA with Performance Pack Auto and all the rest of options except glass roof and the scoops. Candy Red CC just like my 69. Anyway I love this car like no other I have ever owned. We will be at the 50th in NC and wll be traveling with the Mustangs Across America bunch. This year it's off to the Nats in Ashevile NC. As some of you have said, it's the car, the looks, Mustang.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

If you look real hard you can find a lightly used GT with under 25K miles on it for less than $25,000... That's not a bad at all. I will totally agree that the 5.0 motor does not justify the higher price tag of the mustang. I personally like base model cars, all the gadgets are just fluff to me... I figure its just more to break and if I want navigation or touch screen I know that I am plenty capable of putting one in.

Anyways, I was looking at mustang, tested a few GT's and then saw this black 2012 sitting at the back of the used lot. I could tell the dealer didn't want me to see it because I would have bought a new car. Car had just been traded that day with 21K on it. After some cash wavering and some walking away I was able to get the price down to $17,950 with factory warranty... That was just too good to pass up

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang