Performance package - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Performance package

So what all is better on the performance package compared to base v6?
Mattmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
a 3.31 rear axle nicer wheels and my color I believe
SaintSancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
better springs....stiffer front and rear sway bars, HD brake pads, 19" wheels in gray, 3.31 rear axle, and black side view mirrors (not body color). I have that package and the MCA edition

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

oh...and you get the engine cover and strut bar.....see my pics

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

my color...only comes with the premium Mustang, which mine is...I wanted leather and the 4.2 LCD screen so I ordered the premium

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

what did that set you back? sounds like you loaded up with packages haha
Old 02-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSancho View Post
what did that set you back? sounds like you loaded up with packages haha
Mine was 33,310 I think, but I got it for 29,600. Mine is loaded lol.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Doesn't the performance package also come with some Ford Racing exhaust tips as well? I think I saw them on a car on the lot with the performance package.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Exhaust tips are same for all v6 models as far as I know, just differing for auto and manual trans.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Summer only Pirelli tires too. Awesome, but not if u live in the cold

2012, Performance Package, C&L CAI, Magnaflow catbacks, Katzkin Cream leather interior
Mayhem48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post

Mine was 33,310 I think, but I got it for 29,600. Mine is loaded lol.
Jesus!!!!! could have got a GT for like an extra 4k!!
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I just got the base model with 3.31 gears for $20,000
Deibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Actually he could have gotten a GT for that price exactly. Invoice on a base GT is right around $29k.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke

Not everyone wants/needs a GT.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

Not everyone wants/needs a GT.
Nobody needs a gt but come on be serious wants is a different story. Don't want to start a argument and not hating on v6's I'm just saying be honest here
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1

Nobody needs a gt but come on be serious wants is a different story. Don't want to start a argument and not hating on v6's I'm just saying be honest here
Huh?
Old 02-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post

Not with what I have on my car option wise.
It is the same basic car as all the rest of the V6 cars, just add the performance stuff in the package.
BTW, mine was about 1300 more.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Huh?
Can you honestly tell me by choice you would want a v6 over a 5.0. V6's are great cars and alot of fun but given the choice everybody would want a gt
Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1

Can you honestly tell me by choice you would want a v6 over a 5.0. V6's are great cars and alot of fun but given the choice everybody would want a gt
Yes. Hell, I could afford a new 13' GT500 if I really wanted. But 305 hp is PLENTY for me.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes. Hell, I could afford a new 13' GT500 if I really wanted. But 305 hp is PLENTY for me.
Right, and I can buy a new viper but I would rather have my 5.0. Look v6's are great cars and we are all driving mustangs so no hate from me I'm just saying be serious
Old 02-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post

Very untrue bro..I'm a GT fan and will only buy GTs probably forever, BUT saying everyone wants a GT over a v6 is very wrong! Many people go with 6ers for gas mileage, you can take a 6er and make it just as quick as a GT anyday bro sorry to say but I hate how all these GT owners tell everyone in the market for a stang to go GT or you will be disappointed, that's flat incorrect information.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Quote:

Right, and I can buy a new viper but I would rather have my 5.0. Look v6's are great cars and we are all driving mustangs so no hate from me I'm just saying be serious
So your saying every v6 owner out there regrets not getting a GT, Ummm no lmao
Old 02-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I know quite a few people who bought rs camaros or v6 fully loaded stangs just to get better gas get more features better insurance etc. if you don't have a led foot I'm sure the hp difference is made up for by more comfy seats better displays and 30 mpg
Old 02-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Hey point made like I said not trying to start a argument but I have met dozens of people who bought v6's and still want a gt but hey if you wanted a v6 and that's what you got congrats. Like I said you bought a mustang over every oter car out there so no hate from me
Old 02-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes, I could have, but why. Don't like the driving lights in the grille or the vents in the hood. Mine is also a 100 mile a day daily driver.
Plus the V6 is better balanced than the GT. Since I carve corners that actually does matter.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes, I could have, but why. Don't like the driving lights in the grille or the vents in the hood. Mine is also a 100 mile a day daily driver.
Plus the V6 is better balanced than the GT. Since I carve corners that actually does matter.
Well I have out handled lots of imports that are perfectly balanced on race tracks and on the dragons tail so I don't know about better balanced. But like I keep saying if you like it more the congrats on your purchase
Old 02-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres

Haha, you've just described one of the reasons I went with the v6 over the GT. I went the same route as you did. I got the premium with the performance package and the security package. I love it. I could have got the base GT, but didn't want too. For mostly the same reasons. I didn't like the grill with the lights in the middle. While I didn't get a mustang for gas mileage. I think the v6 has the perfect balance for gas mileage and power. I too like carving corners. I pulled .86 G's on a right turn according to the track apps. Also you spend most of your time around the car in the car. While sync is hit and miss. The stereo is pretty good and the interior is awesome. I wasn't sure I wanted leather, but now I'll be getting leather from now on in every car. If they had the GT with all these options for the same price, I would have done that. I haven't regretted it so far. I just ordered a cai and tuner last night. I'm really excited to get rid of the throttle lag. In eight months of put on 15k miles and I still am excited when I get in the car. GT is awesome, but just not practical for everyone. I think I'm going to add a supercharger when they come out with the 13 kit. I hear GT owners say they only get 13mpg. Maybe that's because of a lead foot. I don't know, but I run wot every time I drive it to work and still average 23 MPG over the 15k and that's conservative because I've added it up myself and always get 2 to 3 more. So 26 MPG for as much as I'm on the gas is incredible.
D2theJ2theC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I don't mean it in aggressive way. just giving my 2 cents haha I can appreciate a gt for what it brings to the table just as much as a v6
Old 02-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Oh, track apps are great too. A guy walked by my car at a gas station and asked if it was the v6. I said yep. He replied with "that grill looks a lot better than the GT. Those lights in the middle are ugly" not my words his. Of course I've gotten the should have gotten the GT from people. One of which is my brother in law. And he's driving a stock 2000 something grand-am with 150 HP. This is also the guy who said he could beat me in a drag race. Haha, he cracks me up sometimes.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Don't hate now I never said one bad thing about the v6 just pointing out I think it's funny somebody would say they would rather have one over a gt. also stock the gt can pull .91g with my suspension mods I'm probably pulling 1 or more. And if you bought a mustang to get good gas millage than we just have different priorities
Old 02-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I have pulled 1.17 to the left and 1.19 to the right, completely stock up on the Dragon. Not to bad for a loaded V6.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have pulled 1.17 to the left and 1.19 to the right, completely stock up on the Dragon. Not to bad for a loaded V6.
Awesome next time I'm up the ill keep you in mind we can see how the compare
Old 02-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

not hate. I have the hp of a gt prior to 2010. As much as I love the thrill and I can't wait to take it to the drag strip and track in the end this is my daily driver. I would rather spend money on mods than sink it all in gas because even driving like the biggest jackass my v6 will beat out a gt mpg. insurance well I'm 18 lets just stop it at that. I think the argument boils down to the 100 hp or a huge list of addons and packages you get bumping up the v6 close to the gts price.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I'm about to leave this thread but just wana say alot of gt drivers are duches to v6 guys just like gt500 guys are to us so don't take it personal. I'm just glad y'all bought a mustang over a camero no matter the trim level so remember we all drive stangs and that's a special group. Good luck to all and be safe but stay fast. Also I have a sound tube for sale if anybody is interested 25 bucks and you pay shipping
Old 02-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="Redstang1"]Don't hate now I never said one bad thing about the v6 just pointing out I think it's funny somebody would say they would rather have one over a gt. also stock the gt can pull .91g with my suspension mods I'm probably pulling 1 or more. And if you bought a mustang to get good gas millage than we just have different priorities[/QUOTE

If they were the same price then no. Anyway what you afford and what you want to spend are different. What a car can pull on a skid pad doesn't mean you can duplicate it while driving. The v6 with the pp is rated at .95 but I'm not going to test it on the road. I love the GT apart from the headlights. I also love the new stingray Corvette. Just not worth it to me. It's still awesome performance for the money.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

I'll leave it with I'd rather have my car then a base GT. That's why they have both. Some would rather spend the money on a GT. Others like me wanted a balance.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2theJ2theC View Post
I'll leave it with I'd rather have my car then a base GT. That's why they have both. Some would rather spend the money on a GT. Others like me wanted a balance.
I really would love to have a gt but I would rather have my leather and Mca edition and the interior lights than a base gt . But that's just me
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #35
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I love my 2011 V6; great mileage and bang for the buck I paid. I bought mine used in early 2012 with only 2K miles on it. Got it for 18K. If I were to buy new (I don't; too much loss after it's titled), and was willing to shell out 29K and total performance was my goal, I would opt for the base GT over a loaded V6. I could always add to the GT little by little.
However, mileage, used, and lower depreciation on purchase was what I was after, and ended up with a loaded V6.

This is why these new mustangs are popular; you can pick, choose, then buy what you want. Start with a base GT, add to it later; or buy a loaded V6 for about the same price. The thing is, used parts, tackoff parts, and those that are stepping up to other packages on their ride are now readily available on the used market. I have added quite a few additions to my V6 from a GT, GT500, or Roush edition, all used stuff, and at great prices. So even if you have a base model, it can be upgraded a little at a time. And the best thing? It's not financed into your monthly payments!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang