2014 information - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #1
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
2014 information

Found this on another site (supposedly from a Ford employee) that lists the 2013 to 2014 differences. If you're interested in ordering a 2014, here's what you might wan to know.

Colors: Ruby Red (RR) replaces Red Candy (RZ). Oxford White (YZ) replaces Performance White (HP).

Base V6 100A & 101A: New option called "V6 Appearance Package," option code 541.

Premium V6 200A, Pony Package 202A, and MCA Edition 203A: No changes that I can find.

Premium V6 201A: Hood Stripe, option code 471.

Base GT 300A & 301A: New option called "GT Appearance Package," option code 542.

Premium GT 400A & 401A: No changes that I can find.

GT/CS 402A: Colors limited to Deep Impact Blue, Race Red, Black, Sterling Gray, Ingot Silver, and Oxford White.

Boss 302 500A & Laguna Seca 501A: Missing, so it appears to be true that the Boss 302 was a 2 year run only ('12 & '13).

Shelby GT500: Matte Black stripes replaced by Gloss Black stripes.

Sure to see more info in the next few months. Ford shows the 2014 Order Banks opening on November 12, 2013 with 2014 scheduling to start on December 6, 2012. 2013 Mustang production ends on January 11, 2013 with 2014 production to begin shortly thereafter.
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
yeah...notice the performance package is gone! If something happened to my baby, i'd have to salvage stuff off of it and build it up with ford racing parts

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
The boss only made a 2 year run anyway. For those that didn't see that coming...well...ill leave that be lol so glad I have a v6 at heart, easy to come by on parts for now
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah...watch em really mark up any left over boss' now...err

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Anybody wants one of 'em better move fast......lol

"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 02-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
yeah...notice the performance package is gone! If something happened to my baby, i'd have to salvage stuff off of it and build it up with ford racing parts
Still have the Performance package, I just built this with it on Ford.com, might need to enter your Zip and go to Summary Build Your 2014 Ford Mustang
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
No more flat black stipes? Nooooooooooooooooooo
Old 02-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
The fp6 package is cool. Guess that is the 541. Looks like a nice deal for the rear side window louvers, 18 inch wheels and painted mirror covers. 795 is a good price and it should sell like hot cakes.

On the site you can still order the pp for 14 as well.. I cant see them killing that.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Its there. No worries.

Also, dont know if it is just an error on the custom builder but impact blue isnt a color charge upgrade any longer. GHIG and Ruby Red are though..
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ok...its still there....BUT look closely, illuminated door sills are now extra on the premium....
Mine were standard.....extra $207 right there.
nope...just built a DIB convertible...no extra charge is correct.
ruby red doesnt look much diff than the candy......

Old 02-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
weird that they charge for door sills now but not for DIB paint. ???
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:55 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Ok...its still there....BUT look closely, illuminated door sills are now extra on the premium....
Mine were standard.....extra $207 right there.
nope...just built a DIB convertible...no extra charge is correct.
ruby red doesnt look much diff than the candy......
You sure they aren't still a part of the ambient lighting? I know on the 2013 they still showed up as an extra option when building online even when premium was chosen.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:23 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
In a weird way its kinda good boss 302 is only a 2 year run. Keeps the uniqueness about them. A car just isn't as cool when theres a gazillion of em around
Termi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #12
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termi View Post
In a weird way its kinda good boss 302 is only a 2 year run. Keeps the uniqueness about them. A car just isn't as cool when theres a gazillion of em around
True. I hope to pick up a nice used one in 2015 when the craze for a new 2015 Mustang hits the streets.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:16 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
True. I hope to pick up a nice used one in 2015 when the craze for a new 2015 Mustang hits the streets.
Id love a boss 302 ls. That would probably be a good time to buy cuz personally i think theyre demand might go down a tad when the new mustangs hit, but i think overall theyre ganna hold their value good
Termi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termi View Post
Id love a boss 302 ls. That would probably be a good time to buy cuz personally i think theyre demand might go down a tad when the new mustangs hit, but i think overall theyre ganna hold their value good
It's about as limited as any other special edition. They won't be as rare as a cobra jet but more like the 04 Mach 1. Ill just convert mine fully when the motor dies. Then I can have a registered roush and boss clone.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

LOL White...
i'd hold out for the Boss in my color...seems like dealers cant unload on ebay...but the GB and the Red fly right outta there.....
just really didnt want the recaros, but all dealers got em that way

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

past on getting that option for mine and saved 1500, wanted 6 way power seats, not 4 way manual and recaros dont get seat heaters

Old 02-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LOL White...
i'd hold out for the Boss in my color...seems like dealers cant unload on ebay...but the GB and the Red fly right outta there.....
just really didnt want the recaros, but all dealers got em that way

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

past on getting that option for mine and saved 1500, wanted 6 way power seats, not 4 way manual and recaros dont get seat heaters
Tiss why I want the roush. I'm gonna order that one day in exactly what I want down to the air freshener. I like the white. Many people say I've slowed down driving since my red mustang. In reality I'm going faster lol

Power seats are cool I love the lumbar control. One feature my mom hates on her camaro is the seats and how they are supposed to latch open to get to the back and they have no lumbar support
Old 02-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

order what you want Bro (good luck on the air freshner...LOL)....
if had lotto money....holy crap. Build house with 3-2 car garage, and my own shop out back Slimer, + GT500, Boss 302, V6 vert, GT350 , and a taho turquoise 1966 fastback..IL-200 engine and 4 speed ...sigh....At least I can dream..LOL

Old 02-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Yeah...watch em really mark up any left over boss' now...err[COLOR="Silver"]
Some are seeing a 10K over MSRP

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
+1 Bucko !
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
order what you want Bro (good luck on the air freshner...LOL)....
if had lotto money....holy crap. Build house with 3-2 car garage, and my own shop out back Slimer, + GT500, Boss 302, V6 vert, GT350 , and a taho turquoise 1966 fastback..IL-200 engine and 4 speed ...sigh....At least I can dream..LOL
Speaking of 350 GT, we looked at getting one but my dad thought it was a joke and blew over it. It was 10k and black with gold stripes. We have an 8 car and a lift lol

As far as that roush, maybe when I'm 40 and can handle it lol I'm thinking new car scent

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang