Headers question - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Does this happen on the majority of BBK headers and x pipe installs..
Yea according to Bamma it happens to every headers for our car yet they dont really tell anyone this before they buy it >.>
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Yea according to Bamma it happens to every headers for our car yet they dont really tell anyone this before they buy it >.>
So. How does one fix this issue. I'll be installing my BBK ceramic headers and off road x pipe this Sunday. I am having American Muscle make me a new tune for this modification. Why would the car be practically staling out if the headers were properly installed and a new tune was made for the cars computer to recognise the headers and off road x pipe?

Well I read the back posts and its good to see that American Muscle has the fix for this should it happen to me.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:59 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So. How does one fix this issue. I'll be installing my BBK ceramic headers and off road x pipe this Sunday. I am having American Muscle make me a new tune for this modification. Why would the car be practically staling out if the headers were properly installed and a new tune was made for the cars computer to recognise the headers and off road x pipe?

Well I read the back posts and its good to see that American Muscle has the fix for this should it happen to me.
Idk why but apparently everyone has this issue and it takes multiple data loga for bamma to resolve the issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 12:37 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
It's not just Bama that has this problem sometimes. Other places have had issues with this as well... Just throwing that out there
Old 03-04-2013, 12:54 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
It's not just Bama that has this problem sometimes. Other places have had issues with this as well... Just throwing that out there
Its not bamma its the headers period.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Its not bamma its the headers period.
I just had my BBK headers installed along with the x pipe yesterday and no idol or surge issues at all.,I did however let the engine idol for 5 minutes with the air conditioning off and then 5 minutes with air conditioning on so the computer could learn the new idol with the headers. No problems here thus far.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I wonder if this is an issue if you just installed the BBK off road x
Old 03-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nope its with both catted and uncatted. I have the catted xpipe and my buddy has off road. We did notice however that his rpms would drop alot more often and to lower rpms
Old 03-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not sure but not one issue with my BBK headers and off road x pipe. Not one idol issue or surge issue. American Muscle must of got the tune correct because its running like a top beast and no idol issue.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not sure but not one issue with my BBK headers and off road x pipe. Not one idol issue or surge issue. American Muscle must of got the tune correct because its running like a top beast and no idol issue.
If manual leave the car in neutral or if auto put it in park and rev the engine a couple times not too high and watch to see if the idle drops n surges.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I have an 2011 automatic that has the idle surging some, with three different tunes made by three different tunners. I don't have a Bama tune, maybe all tunes surge at idle. I had the idle surge even before i installed my BBK long tubes with a catted x-pipe with my old tunes.

I've cleaned everything that can be cleaned and nothing has helped. Guess its something we have to live with.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang