Headers question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #1

Region: California
Headers question

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and I just had a quick headers question I installed a set of bbk long tube headers and a hi flow catted x pipe a few months back and got it tuned from bama when I drive and come to a complete stop my idle drops like its gonna stall then it stabilizes itself when I called bama thinking it was the tune a couple months back they said that's how it is with the long tube headers I was just wondering if anybody has had the same problem and if they have did you guys get it fixed
Ortiz0212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortiz0212 View Post
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and I just had a quick headers question I installed a set of bbk long tube headers and a hi flow catted x pipe a few months back and got it tuned from bama when I drive and come to a complete stop my idle drops like its gonna stall then it stabilizes itself when I called bama thinking it was the tune a couple months back they said that's how it is with the long tube headers I was just wondering if anybody has had the same problem and if they have did you guys get it fixed
Mass air flow could be or tps but doubt it could be the tune they set never had that before
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #3

Is their a way to check to see if its the mass airflow or tps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Is their a way to check to see if its the mass airflow or tps
Clean the mass and then see if it helps the tps is like 10$
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I kept getting mad at them saying they never stated this was a problem and they offered me money but i told them i want it fixed and i got a call from mike at bamma and he had me do 2 data logs and he fixed the issue after 2 tries. So it CAN BE FIXED just nag them about it!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

I kept getting mad at them saying they never stated this was a problem and they offered me money but i told them i want it fixed and i got a call from mike at bamma and he had me do 2 data logs and he fixed the issue after 2 tries. So it CAN BE FIXED just nag them about it!
I can't believe one would have to nag AM on anything. AM prides themselves as providing top notch customer service.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

I can't believe one would have to nag AM on anything. AM prides themselves as providing top notch customer service.
Well it was getting annoying they kept sending me the same tune saying it was fix when it really was the same then i told them it was BS and Mike tried and i saw improvements and then the second try it was fixed
Old 02-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #8

Quote:

Thanks I will call them again and see what they say and maybe nag then a little about how do u do the data logs
Old 02-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks I will call them again and see what they say and maybe nag then a little about how do u do the data logs
Yea bro tell them ur idle surges and need bamma to fix the issue or give u a refund
Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #10
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Ortiz0212,

I'm sorry you're experiencing a small surge, usually the PCM is able to adjust after a decent amount of driving. It's easy to get a slight surge with LT headers on the v6 Mustangs, but we have been able to straighten that out in the past.

I would love to get you in direct contact with our lead tuner Mike Wilson. If anyone is able to to fix your surging issue, it's him! Send me a PM with your order number and I'll get all the info over to him that he needs. Then he'll give you a call with some tune adjustments or possibly request a datalog. Either way, I'm confident he'll have everything resolved in no time!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

Ortiz0212,

I'm sorry you're experiencing a small surge, usually the PCM is able to adjust after a decent amount of driving. It's easy to get a slight surge with LT headers on the v6 Mustangs, but we have been able to straighten that out in the past.

I would love to get you in direct contact with our lead tuner Mike Wilson. If anyone is able to to fix your surging issue, it's him! Send me a PM with your order number and I'll get all the info over to him that he needs. Then he'll give you a call with some tune adjustments or possibly request a datalog. Either way, I'm confident he'll have everything resolved in no time!

Shane
Thanks for your help just sent you a pm
Old 02-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #12
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks for your help just sent you a pm
Ortiz0212,

Found your info! Mike will be in contact with you by the end of the day tomorrow. Let me know if you don't hear from him or if there's anything else I can help with!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ortiz0212,

Found your info! Mike will be in contact with you by the end of the day tomorrow. Let me know if you don't hear from him or if there's anything else I can help with!

Shane
Shane i got a hybrid tune from u guys at its having the same issue you guys fixed it on my Performance and Street tune but not yet for my hybrid can u ask mike if he can fix my hybrid?
Old 02-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Are we sure this cant be solved by letting you car learn its idle? If your loading a new tune you need to let your car idle for at least 5 min with the air off and 5 with it on. That will let you car properly learn it's idle with the headers. Maybe you have tried this but if your not letting your car learn idle then your going to have issues
Old 02-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
Are we sure this cant be solved by letting you car learn its idle? If your loading a new tune you need to let your car idle for at least 5 min with the air off and 5 with it on. That will let you car properly learn it's idle with the headers. Maybe you have tried this but if your not letting your car learn idle then your going to have issues
I have tried this already thinking it was the same problem but I still had a surging idle its been like this for almost half a year but thanks to bama and american muscle they are working with me to fix the surging idle
Old 02-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #16
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Ortiz0212,

You should have some adjusted tunes in your email inbox right now! Post back and let me know how they worked out for you when you get a chance.

Shane

Quote:
Shane i got a hybrid tune from u guys at its having the same issue you guys fixed it on my Performance and Street tune but not yet for my hybrid can u ask mike if he can fix my hybrid?
Yes of course! Just me your order number and I'll get your info over to Mike right away. Your tune should be especially easy since the Street and Performance tune run perfectly smooth already.

I'll look forward to your PM!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #17
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Charlie_santos,

Mike has all of your info now and he's going to diagnose your Hybrid tune first thing Monday morning. You can expect a call from him with an adjusted Hybrid tune by Monday afternoon.

Give me a shout if there's anything further I can do to assist either of you!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Charlie_santos,

Mike has all of your info now and he's going to diagnose your Hybrid tune first thing Monday morning. You can expect a call from him with an adjusted Hybrid tune by Monday Give me a shout if there's anything further I can do to assist either of you!

Shane
Man that's excellent customer service!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

Man that's excellent customer service!
Bro, AM IS FREAKING AWESOME
Old 02-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Ortiz0212,

You should have some adjusted tunes in your email inbox right now! Post back and let me know how they worked out for you when you get a chance.

Shane

Yes of course! Just me your order number and I'll get your info over to Mike right away. Your tune should be especially easy since the Street and Performance tune run perfectly smooth already.

I'll look forward to your PM!

Shane
I installed the new tunes yesterday and as of today the idle still surges like before but idk if that's because it still needs to relearn the idle ill give it till Monday and see how it goes if not ill shoot you a pm and let you know if its still surging thanks again
Old 02-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I installed the new tunes yesterday and as of today the idle still surges like before but idk if that's because it still needs to relearn the idle ill give it till Monday and see how it goes if not ill shoot you a pm and let you know if its still surging thanks again
Do the idle relearn and turn ur high beams on and disconnect the battery to clear the cams

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote:

Did they request a data log? If they didnt the tune they sent u wont fix anything just saying and the data log has to show the surging idle so mike can see whats happening with the car when it happens
Old 02-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #22

Quote:

Do the idle relearn and turn ur high beams on and disconnect the battery to clear the cams

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Did they request a data log? If they didnt the tune they sent u wont fix anything just saying and the data log has to show the surging idle so mike can see whats happening with the car when it happens
I will try and do the idle relearn again tomorrow they didn't ask for a data log because when I got it tuned last time I forgot to put the long tube headers on it
Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I will try and do the idle relearn again tomorrow they didn't ask for a data log because when I got it tuned last time I forgot to put the long tube headers on it
Well they aint gna fix the problem without a proper data log i can tell you that right now they need to see what's going on first
Old 02-08-2013, 10:30 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well they aint gna fix the problem without a proper data log i can tell you that right now they need to see what's going on first
How does one do a data log? Just curious for my own wondering knowledge
Old 02-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How does one do a data log? Just curious for my own wondering knowledge
Download the data logging software from sct and then hook up ur tuner to the computer and the car and follow the on screen instructions
Old 02-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Download the data logging software from sct and then hook up ur tuner to the computer and the car and follow the on screen instructions
Thanks bro
Old 02-09-2013, 01:45 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks bro
I can forward you the data log email that bamma sent me so you can do a tests run data logging your car? It has links and instructions bro
Old 02-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #28
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Ortiz0212,

You must disconnect the battery and preform an idle relearn first. This will clear all of the KAM memory and start with fresh fuel trims. There's a good chance that's the reason you're still experiencing the same issue.

Here's a link to instructions if you're not familiar with the Idle Relearn process!

Let me know how it works out after you go through the process.

Shane

Quote:
Charlie_santos,

As long as the the problem is clear cut, typically we don't need to Datalog to fix the problem.

Please let me know how you're making out with the new Hybrid tune, as well? I know Mike tried to get a hold of you today, I'm just not sure if you were available or not.

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ortiz0212,

You must disconnect the battery and preform an idle relearn first. This will clear all of the KAM memory and start with fresh fuel trims. There's a good chance that's the reason you're still experiencing the same issue.

Here's a link to instructions if you're not familiar with the Idle Relearn process!

Let me know how it works out after you go through the process.

Shane

Charlie_santos,

As long as the the problem is clear cut, typically we don't need to Datalog to fix the problem.

Please let me know how you're making out with the new Hybrid tune, as well? I know Mike tried to get a hold of you today, I'm just not sure if you were available or not.

Shane
I didn't get a phone call today or email?
Old 02-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #30
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
I didn't get a phone call today or email?
Really? That's weird, I got an email that said Mike was trying to contact you yesterday. Could you send me a PM verifying your phone number, just in case?

I'm going to give Mike a heads up today, too! He should be in contact with you by the end of the day.

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Really? That's weird, I got an email that said Mike was trying to contact you yesterday. Could you send me a PM verifying your phone number, just in case?

I'll going to give Mike a heads up today, too! He should be in contact with you by the end of the day.

Shane
Yea he literally JUST called me. We talked and hes gna have me do a data log n add a couple different things to log
Old 02-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #32
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Yea he literally JUST called me. We talked and hes gna have me do a data log n add a couple different things to log
Great! Keep me updated with this situation. Also, let me know if you need my assistance with anything else!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

OP did you get rid of the idling problems? My car does the same exact thing I just learned to live with it. Ive seen stock GT mustangs do the same thing Im just used to it now, but maybe ill get a new tune after I do the relearn idle and see if it improves or not.
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
willb2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willb2305 View Post
OP did you get rid of the idling problems? My car does the same exact thing I just learned to live with it. Ive seen stock GT mustangs do the same thing Im just used to it now, but maybe ill get a new tune after I do the relearn idle and see if it improves or not.
They have improved mine. Not completely fixed but happens less then before
Old 02-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Does this happen on the majority of BBK headers and x pipe installs..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang