Pypes bomb - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #176
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Ugh speed ticket stories, I hope that's not what Im getting myself into!!

Pypes arrive today woot woot!! Class till like 9pm though, I'd love to see if I can install them tomorrow.

Might go to the DMV for registration/inspection first though just in case lol idk

Plasti dip / tints this weekend too.
MyLittlePwny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #177
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Hahahaha here in texas if u can go faster than 140 they wont bother even trying to pull you over hahaha but yea im not gna be doing 140 :p thats cool tho man! All u gotta do is be cool with the cops and they will be cool with u
And its illegal in Georgia to Chase a bike in a cop car so you just run if I'm goin 100+ and I see blue lights like the other day, I'm definitely not slowing down lol.
Black on Boss is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #178
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
Dang I missed all the exciting stuff! I had a good driving with my girl story and ticket stories lol
clamphier is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #179
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Dang I missed all the exciting stuff! I had a good driving with my girl story and ticket stories lol
Let's hear it!
MyLittlePwny is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #180
Registered Member
Regular
 
Boomdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post
Ugh speed ticket stories, I hope that's not what Im getting myself into!!

Pypes arrive today woot woot!! Class till like 9pm though, I'd love to see if I can install them tomorrow.

Might go to the DMV for registration/inspection first though just in case lol idk

Plasti dip / tints this weekend too.
Nice! They literally will take about an hour tops to install, so you can probably put the exhaust on tonight. My record time for a catback install on my '06 is 14 minutes.
__________________
Torque: It's like crack for your right foot
Boomdizzle is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #181
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post

Nice! They literally will take about an hour tops to install, so you can probably put the exhaust on tonight. My record time for a catback install on my '06 is 14 minutes.
Oh wow maybe tonight it is! That'd be sick, altho it'd be pretty fail if I mess up the install and then don't pass emissions for inspection lol
MyLittlePwny is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #182
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
Well first the other day we were driving around and she kept saying it was slow and just really loud and no go. So she was texting at a light brake torqued it and so it hit boost in about half a second she started screaming and said fine you win and said she almost peed her pants lol. Then I got pulled over the other day I was racing some guy in a slowmaro the other day from a light got up to about 120 and saw lights. He pulled me over and said you know why I pulled you over and I said yes sir which he then replied one you kicked that camaros *** and two this things nice I've been waiting for you to get on it but never let me see it again have a nice day!
clamphier is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #183
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Well first the other day we were driving around and she kept saying it was slow and just really loud and no go. So she was texting at a light brake torqued it and so it hit boost in about half a second she started screaming and said fine you win and said she almost peed her pants lol. Then I got pulled over the other day I was racing some guy in a slowmaro the other day from a light got up to about 120 and saw lights. He pulled me over and said you know why I pulled you over and I said yes sir which he then replied one you kicked that camaros *** and two this things nice I've been waiting for you to get on it but never let me see it again have a nice day!
LOLLL. That's sick, I wish there was cops like that here in NJ. I came back from college (left my car at home while I was away) and got a ticket ON THE WAY to the dmv for inspection. They don't realize it goes a long way when they cut breaks.

You beat the slowmaro I'm hoping?!
MyLittlePwny is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #184
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
Yes cops I'm Texas are pretty chill most of the time, except on i10 most of them love giving people tickets. Of course I beat it even the cop verified it lol
clamphier is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #185
Registered Member
Regular
 
TruChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: El Paso, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 471
Aye Charlie did you see the two cops that got in an accident?? Haha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_19700101_170800.png
Views:	123
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	97164  
TruChris is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #186
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
idk why I slowed down tbh. stupid me
13 stang22 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #187
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
Where was that at? That's pretty awesome!
clamphier is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #188
Registered Member
Regular
 
Boomdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Well first the other day we were driving around and she kept saying it was slow and just really loud and no go. So she was texting at a light brake torqued it and so it hit boost in about half a second she started screaming and said fine you win and said she almost peed her pants lol. Then I got pulled over the other day I was racing some guy in a slowmaro the other day from a light got up to about 120 and saw lights. He pulled me over and said you know why I pulled you over and I said yes sir which he then replied one you kicked that camaros *** and two this things nice I've been waiting for you to get on it but never let me see it again have a nice day!
Haha, awesome. That's lucky as hell too!
__________________
Torque: It's like crack for your right foot
Boomdizzle is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #189
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
What's a decent tune that can keep decent mpg?
MyLittlePwny is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #190
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
My pypes arrive today too apparently but I hear you need two people to install....true? I'm really hoping they center correctly but looks like they won't. I can't get a friend to help me install until Saturday and then I'd have to wait to Monday to go to exhaust shop to have hangers rewelded. Which is why I am considering just having a shop do it all tomorrow instead but if its super easy to install I'd rather do it myself
the_stig is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #191
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
My pypes arrive today too apparently but I hear you need two people to install....true? I'm really hoping they center correctly but looks like they won't. I can't get a friend to help me install until Saturday and then I'd have to wait to Monday to go to exhaust shop to have hangers rewelded. Which is why I am considering just having a shop do it all tomorrow instead but if its super easy to install I'd rather do it myself
It doesn't take two people but they won't be straight so you might as well just get a shop to do it because they are gonna charge you per hour anyways. And it won't take more than that for everything

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

91 or 93 hybrid tune
clamphier is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #192
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post

It doesn't take two people but they won't be straight so you might as well just get a shop to do it because they are gonna charge you per hour anyways. And it won't take more than that for everything

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

91 or 93 hybrid tune
What octane fuel you run with those?

Or is that what those numbers indicate
MyLittlePwny is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #193
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
That's what the numbers indicate
clamphier is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #194
Registered Member
Regular
 
rmlong06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
My pypes arrive today too apparently but I hear you need two people to install....true? I'm really hoping they center correctly but looks like they won't. I can't get a friend to help me install until Saturday and then I'd have to wait to Monday to go to exhaust shop to have hangers rewelded. Which is why I am considering just having a shop do it all tomorrow instead but if its super easy to install I'd rather do it myself
I installed mine by myself and it took about 2 hours. It would have been a lot easier if I had had another person to help me.
rmlong06 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #195
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
That's what the numbers indicate
Sounds expensive running that fuel all the time lol 91 is probably what I'd do.

There's no way this pype axle can throw an emissions code when I go for inspection tomorrow right? I'm 99% sure just want to confirm with the pypes crew.
MyLittlePwny is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #196
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
Its worth the performance for me plus I have to with the blower. Yea you will pass!
clamphier is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #197
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Its worth the performance for me plus I have to with the blower. Yea you will pass!
#blowerproblems. Lol

Kk so it looks like tonight it is. Assuming I come out of this molecular bio exam alive lol
MyLittlePwny is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #198
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
I know but so worth it, its still only 38 bucks to fill up with premium. Yea done that before doing stuff to the car makes you not even worry about it!
clamphier is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #199
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
I know but so worth it, its still only 38 bucks to fill up with premium. Yea done that before doing stuff to the car makes you not even worry about it!
Either you got a different tank than us or you are gettin cheap gas lol. I use 93 pure ethanol free gas its $4.19/gal
Black on Boss is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #200
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Either you got a different tank than us or you are gettin cheap gas lol. I use 93 pure ethanol free gas its $4.19/gal
Holy **** u pay 4.19 i pay 3.77 for 91
Charlie_santos is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #201
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
Well I don't go below a quarter tank, but still its like 3.97 and I get another 10 cents off at shell
clamphier is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #202
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Either you got a different tank than us or you are gettin cheap gas lol. I use 93 pure ethanol free gas its $4.19/gal
Holy **** u pay 4.19 i pay 3.77 for 91
Charlie_santos is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #203
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Holy **** u pay 4.19 i pay 3.77 for 91
I can get 93 for 3.70ish but its not ethanol free pure gas. I would rather pay a lil extra for the life of my car. Have you seen what ethanol can do to an engine.
Black on Boss is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #204
Registered Member
Regular
 
clamphier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houstom
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,286
Yea its bad, but I don't get that luxury lol
clamphier is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #205
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Back to pypes lol I got mine today and got the stock exhaust off....having troubles getting the new exhaust on...trying to mount the double hanger bracket one first (closest to the rear axle) the damn sway bar is in my way (I think that's what it is) then I realize in instructions you are supposed to remove the hangers....wowwwww lol so they just unbolt? I removed one bolt and it wasn't budging figured I shouldn't continue. Then I read instructions lol. I had a long day at work I'll finish up tomorrow or Friday. I'm gonna try and loosen the h-pipe and see if I can get the tips lined up once they're on. Luckily I have another car so I'm in no rush especially since the roads are filled with salt still
the_stig is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #206
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Back to pypes lol I got mine today and got the stock exhaust off....having troubles getting the new exhaust on...trying to mount the double hanger bracket one first (closest to the rear axle) the damn sway bar is in my way (I think that's what it is) then I realize in instructions you are supposed to remove the hangers....wowwwww lol so they just unbolt? I removed one bolt and it wasn't budging figured I shouldn't continue. Then I read instructions lol. I had a long day at work I'll finish up tomorrow or Friday. I'm gonna try and loosen the h-pipe and see if I can get the tips lined up once they're on. Luckily I have another car so I'm in no rush especially since the roads are filled with salt still
Patience is a virtue.
Black on Boss is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #207
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Damn right!
the_stig is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #208
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
And BTW no one reads instructions I took my stockers off with the hanger bracket still on and then couldn't get the pypes on so took them off 'Merica!!!!
Black on Boss is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #209
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Click image for larger version

Name:	c0adf90452a70a3f129747b3be64bc66.png
Views:	85
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	97255
Black on Boss is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #210
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Lmao well I'm in Canada, eh. We take our time here :p but we admire how they do it in 'Merica! F*** yeah!
the_stig is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:30 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.