Ford Racing 3.73 Gears and Bama Tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
arturo55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 452
Ford Racing 3.73 Gears and Bama Tuner

im so confused if i get this combokit is just plug and play or is there something else i need to buy?
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
Its best to have a pro install the gears but the tuner is pretty easy to do. But you can customize your tune to work with the gear setup you go with.
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:34 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo55
im so confused if i get this combokit is just plug and play or is there something else i need to buy?
You asking about the gears? The tuner is just plug it in and follow the instructions.
NakedCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
arturo55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 452
no im going go o a shop and get it done but what im asking is when i orderit from am the combokit everything is all need? there nothing else i need to buy?
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo55 View Post
no im going go o a shop and get it done but what im asking is when i orderit from am the combokit everything is all need? there nothing else i need to buy?
arturo55,

If you have perfectly mechanically sound differential, then yes the combo it is all you need. The only reason to purchase more items is if your posi traction needs to be refreshed or the axles/bearings need to be replaced.

Being your differential is a 11+, most likely it doesn't need a rebuild. So, you should be good to go!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
arturo55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
arturo55,

If you have perfectly mechanically sound differential, then yes the combo it is all you need. The only reason to purchase more items is if your posi traction needs to be refreshed or the axles/bearings need to be replaced.

Being your differential is a 11+, most likely it doesn't need a rebuild. So, you should be good to go!

Shane
thank you so much i cant wait to get 3.73 gears and tune for my 2013 v6 im about to hit 500mile i really excited to get rid of these 2.73 gear and get the 3.73 but hey have an other question maybe later not now i would like to get the Limited Slip Differential would it be find to get it later?
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo55 View Post
thank you so much i cant wait to get 3.73 gears and tune for my 2013 v6 im about to hit 500mile i really excited to get rid of these 2.73 gear and get the 3.73 but hey have an other question maybe later not now i would like to get the Limited Slip Differential would it be find to get it later?
arturo55,

I know you'll be impressed with the new gears. It's really going to wake up your Mustang!

Also, all 2011+ v6 Mustangs came an 8.8 rear end, instead of the previous 7.5 and were also equipped with a Limited Slip Differential from the factory. So, you're already set there!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

arturo55,

I know you'll be impressed with the new gears. It's really going to wake up your Mustang!

Also, all 2011+ v6 Mustangs came an 8.8 rear end, instead of the previous 7.5 and were also equipped with a Limited Slip Differential from the factory. So, you're already set there!

Shane
Shane.

Do we only need the gears or is there anything else needed? I have a 2012 with 25k miles on her
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
Shane.

Do we only need the gears or is there anything else needed? I have a 2012 with 25k miles on her
Ntbruncie,

You really should replace the differential bearings every time you're in there. They can easily get warn out from abuse or even beat up while doing the installation. However, it is possible to just replace the gears and pinion bearing, but it's not recommended and definitely not worth the hassle, IMO.

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:15 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.