2011-13 V6 0-60 Times and Performance - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

That's a good point. I didn't remember you were from Canada. In southern California there is no such thing as winter haha literally. And it just comes down to the numbers here. There are thousands of enthusiasts but they are dwarfed by the non enthusiasts because here you can drive any car all year long
I could definitely see that as reality down there. I'm sure the numbers are something like 1000-1 in sales compared to here and most of them do only drive from A-B, Very valid point. I just think that 3.31s vs 2.73s is a very large difference in driving experience for the daily driver or the enthusiasts with very minimal sacrifice in MPGs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
All you people make me feel bad with 4.9 XD
I've got o/r h pipe
Bama race tune, 3.55 gears, auto tranny

But I'll be in super low after turbo
3 months... It is coming!!!!!!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
Hey guys! Long story short I'm looking into purchasing a 2013 Mustang. I've been set on the GT and have funds to just meet it, however I'm thinking more and more and the cost of owning the GT (gas, insurance, etc) would be costly. Essentially, I'm looking into the V6 and want to know how satisfied you guys are with your Stangs? I'd be getting the V6 Premium, so the only difference is the engine. Are you able to run with most of what's on the road? Like will I be kicking myself everyday I get into it and not having the V8? Also- Please post what your 0-60 times are with all the details on supporting mods. Any other performance details would be great! 1/4 mile times. Show me your pictures of track-apps. Make note! Gas is probably the biggest factor here.. so stinkin' expensive. So I would preferably like to stick with the 2:73, but if the 3:31 really do make this a new car I could consider it. I'm thinking CAI and Bama tune for sure! Give me All the details you guys have!
Mine is 4.9 to 5.1 in 80 degree weather and I have 2.73 gears. Cai. Borla attack. Also have a really good set of tires so I grip hard.
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Layton I was actually happy mine came with the 2.73 I wasn't looking to race & I have no times to give you but mine is the V6 but feels like an 8 .... the 6 speed tranny must help also I have no buyers remorse 315 HP & it feels great ! auto trans ,great AC, great MPG ,sharp looking ,good price , what's not to like I quess if your in Canada or some bad end of the world place that gets feet of snow then it have to sleep in a garage in the winter plus with rock salt on the roads in a few years they rust away ! when I was a young fellow I worked in a place where they did under-coating we put the cars in a booth & sprayed the under body while on a lift the owner made a lot of money he was the only guy in the area even with that years later the cars would rust ...worse was original Jap cars they just disappeared ! Datsun made a few nice Z cars they rotted away fast, today you hardly ever see one I think a clean rust free one have some good collector value ......
jon paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon paris View Post
Layton I was actually happy mine came with the 2.73 I wasn't looking to race & I have no times to give you but mine is the V6 but feels like an 8 .... the 6 speed tranny must help also I have no buyers remorse 315 HP & it feels great ! auto trans ,great AC, great MPG ,sharp looking ,good price , what's not to like I quess if your in Canada or some bad end of the world place that gets feet of snow then it have to sleep in a garage in the winter plus with rock salt on the roads in a few years they rust away ! when I was a young fellow I worked in a place where they did under-coating we put the cars in a booth & sprayed the under body while on a lift the owner made a lot of money he was the only guy in the area even with that years later the cars would rust ...worse was original Jap cars they just disappeared ! Datsun made a few nice Z cars they rotted away fast, today you hardly ever see one I think a clean rust free one have some good collector value ......
I live in a place that can get feet of snow. But not drive my Mustang for up to six month?!? NO way! Well. I do wait for them to get that stuff off the roads, more or less, before I take to the road whenever possible. Still, bad enough I have to give up my nice black bullett wheels and summer tires for winter.

But I got my car with Auto Armor, done inside and out by the dealer and got the 7 year exterior/interior warranty with it when I bought the car.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

well we went from gear ratio to snow , winters & rock salt so I will close with my last reply with drive safe , enjoy your car & the weather also where ever you live will have some good & some bad parts , snow sledding with your kids or grandkids fishing in lakes or the ocean & plenty more of fun stuff the Mustang is just a means to get there in style ...................................
jon paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon paris View Post
well we went from gear ratio to snow , winters & rock salt so I will close with my last reply with drive safe , enjoy your car & the weather also where ever you live will have some good & some bad parts , snow sledding with your kids or grandkids fishing in lakes or the ocean & plenty more of fun stuff the Mustang is just a means to get there in style ...................................
Now we can add rain too the topic of this thread. Ba ha ha ha ha
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Makes the corners fun to take
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
Makes the corners fun to take
Very true. Lmao. Punch it and go!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I love the rain! Lol.....advance trac off, right foot mash gas!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

I love the rain! Lol.....advance trac off, right foot mash gas!
Lmao. The rain is awesome but hurts your 0-60 runs. Lol
Old 10-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lmao. The rain is awesome but hurts your 0-60 runs. Lol
Lol, good one!!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
But it adds to your style points!

I'm saving up for FI (undecided about turbo or S/C) but when I do go FI I plan on also getting the aluminum DS as 4:10s.

I have the PP now, so I'm running 3:31s which aren't bad.
Taylorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:50 AM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
What's everyone running as far as 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 mile? Make sure to include supporting mods in your answer!
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I run 3.55 gears. Knocked off 3/10ths in my quarter mile time. No better investment per dollar. Go 3.73 if you anticipate a taller tire like a 28" drag radial. The CAI, axel back, throttle body, headers is all crap. Wasted $. Don't do anything till 6500rpm. Maybe. All internet BS.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
I run 3.55 gears. Knocked off 3/10ths in my quarter mile time. No better investment per dollar. Go 3.73 if you anticipate a taller tire like a 28" drag radial. The CAI, axel back, throttle body, headers is all crap. Wasted $. Don't do anything till 6500rpm. Maybe. All internet BS.
Gears are probably the best bang for the buck, but to call all the other mods crap, internet bs?? Axleback do not give any gains but sound nice, but a CAI will provide minimal gains by itself but combined with other mods down the line will show its benifits, Lt headers are a must for anyone planning real HP gains down the line combined with a catted or offroad x, even shorties will provide better tq than the factory manifolds, and the throttle body will compliment all the full exhaust mods along with the CAI intake. There are many benefits of the mod/parts you listed and will obviously work better together then just doing any one of them. If someone has already done gears than chances are they have a tuner that will marry everything together. I have just started the power train mod journey but there are many on here that are well down that path and will agree. People on here have added quite a bit HP/tq with simple bolt ons.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Lol. To call all the other mods crap is ignorance. With "all those crap mods" the fastest 3.7 runs a 12.59@108 mph. It wouldn't be able to run that time with just 3.73 gears. It wouldn't even break into the low 13s with just 3.73 gears and a tune.
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #123
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

More air in ==== more air out

A Cold air intake ( Any Brand) and a flow through mufflers set ( Any brand) will flow a lot more air at the higher RPM's into and out of your 3.7 engine then the stock items that came on the car. Ford has to worry about noise so they have to use the restrictive air box and the giant corks they call Mufflers to keep the car in compliance to the noise police. To get any kind of performance out of stock mufflers Ford made them huge to try to compensate for a tad better air flow.
Of course neither mod produces any more power at the low drive around town RPM's that you use 98% of the time. But, At the upper RPM's the combination of the two mods put together will produce a way better performing car. It's called "Let the car breath" and it works very well. Throwing on some tuned headers and some high performance Cat's would be even better at the upper RPM's. Sometimes at a cost of some low end torque.

I don't think anything you do will feel better at just driving around town then a lower rear end ratio. A low ratio gear gives you a seat of the pants thrill that not much else will give you.

Add them all up and you have a really true MUSCLE CAR.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Spend your money as you wish. CAI is a waste of time and money. It does not increase air flow or cool the temperature of the air! Throttle body and headers maybe 8 horsepower @ 6500+rpm. Internet ETs don't count except on the Internet. Gears and Drag Radials put a stock V6 into the 13s@102+. You need a tuner to adjust for the new gear/speedo so install a 93 tune and raise the red line. A one piece aluminum drive shaft is a good investment. Have fun!
Old 11-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
What's everyone running as far as 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 mile? Make sure to include supporting mods in your answer!
2011 V6 297 rwhp & 276 rwtq
91 MPT tune
Airraid CAI
One piece aluminum driveshaft
Ceramic BBK long tube headers
Off road x pipe
3:73 gears
Flowmaster Force II axle backs

0-60 mph. 4.7 seconds
0-100 mph. Don't know.

Nope this helps
Old 11-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Spend your money as you wish. CAI is a waste of time and money. It does not increase air flow or cool the temperature of the air! Throttle body and headers maybe 8 horsepower @ 6500+rpm. Internet ETs don't count except on the Internet. Gears and Drag Radials put a stock V6 into the 13s@102+. You need a tuner to adjust for the new gear/speedo so install a 93 tune and raise the red line. A one piece aluminum drive shaft is a good investment. Have fun!
Lmao. 8hp!?
Old 11-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #127
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

A little information goes a long way

Try reading this:
Engine modifications for more power

I think I got it right the first time.
Quote:
A Cold air intake ( Any Brand) and a flow through mufflers set ( Any brand) will flow a lot more air at the higher RPM's into and out of your 3.7 engine then the stock items that came on the car. Ford has to worry about noise so they have to use the restrictive air box and the giant corks they call Mufflers to keep the car in compliance to the noise police. To get any kind of performance out of stock mufflers Ford made them huge to try to compensate for a tad better air flow.
Of course neither mod produces any more power at the low drive around town RPM's that you use 98% of the time. But, At the upper RPM's the combination of the two mods put together will produce a way better performing car. It's called "Let the car breath" and it works very well. Throwing on some tuned headers and some high performance Cat's would be even better at the upper RPM's. Sometimes at a cost of some low end torque.

I don't think anything you do will feel better at just driving around town then a lower rear end ratio. A low ratio gear gives you a seat of the pants thrill that not much else will give you.

Add them all up and you have a really true MUSCLE CAR.

Ronnie
Old 11-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I love this guy.^^^^ "8hp"....."does not cool the temperature of the air" I put ice cubes in my airaid to cool down the air, it helps the flux capacitor.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

I love this guy.^^^^ "8hp"....."does not cool the temperature of the air"
Omg. Lmfao. Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Old 11-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #130
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

You all gotta give Black 12 a little break

He apparently has not much knowledge of how an engine functions. I'm sure he will learn ( Probably from us) The More air in and More air out is not just someones statement without being factual. It is one of the LAWS of performance. Say Super Charger or Turbo Charger. Cool air , YES say intercooler.
I'm 70 and have been around racing since I was 16 years old. Around drag racing since I was probably about 12 years old. ( My older Brother was a Drag racer.) I have made cool cans to run my fuel line through, Larger air cleaners to let more air in. Duel pipes, headers, I had a 1965 289 Hi Pro Mustang that did consistent 13 flats, ( Engine and suspension work by Billy McDual. I had a 66 427 Corvette that turned 10.88 at 143MPH ( Engine by Grumpy Bill Jenkins) I did SCCA short track with Jorge DePIRO in my 1960 English Ford and did pretty good.

When someone that say's stuff like Black 12 puts out you need to just ignor it because you as well as I know he is just trying to argue without any knowledge at all.

I think at least 99% of the V6 people on this forum understand that in normal around town driving a CAI and Mufflers are no better then what came on the car from the factory. The mods only come alive at the higher RPM's when you give it all of the throttle the car got.
Ronnie

Ronnie
Old 11-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
He apparently has not much knowledge of how an engine functions. I'm sure he will learn ( Probably from us) The More air in and More air out is not just someones statement without being factual. It is one of the LAWS of performance. Say Super Charger or Turbo Charger. Cool air , YES say intercooler.
I'm 70 and have been around racing since I was 16 years old. Around drag racing since I was probably about 12 years old. ( My older Brother was a Drag racer.) I have made cool cans to run my fuel line through, Larger air cleaners to let more air in. Duel pipes, headers, I had a 1965 289 Hi Pro Mustang that did consistent 13 flats, ( Engine and suspension work by Billy McDual. I had a 66 427 Corvette that turned 10.88 at 143MPH ( Engine by Grumpy Bill Jenkins) I did SCCA short track with Jorge DePIRO in my 1960 English Ford and did pretty good.

When someone that say's stuff like Black 12 puts out you need to just ignor it because you as well as I know he is just trying to argue without any knowledge at all.

I think at least 99% of the V6 people on this forum understand that in normal around town driving a CAI and Mufflers are no better then what came on the car from the factory. The mods only come alive at the higher RPM's when you give it all of the throttle the car got.
Ronnie

Ronnie
+1, well said.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #132
JDM
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
He apparently has not much knowledge of how an engine functions. I'm sure he will learn ( Probably from us) The More air in and More air out is not just someones statement without being factual. It is one of the LAWS of performance. Say Super Charger or Turbo Charger. Cool air , YES say intercooler. I'm 70 and have been around racing since I was 16 years old. Around drag racing since I was probably about 12 years old. ( My older Brother was a Drag racer.) I have made cool cans to run my fuel line through, Larger air cleaners to let more air in. Duel pipes, headers, I had a 1965 289 Hi Pro Mustang that did consistent 13 flats, ( Engine and suspension work by Billy McDual. I had a 66 427 Corvette that turned 10.88 at 143MPH ( Engine by Grumpy Bill Jenkins) I did SCCA short track with Jorge DePIRO in my 1960 English Ford and did pretty good. When someone that say's stuff like Black 12 puts out you need to just ignor it because you as well as I know he is just trying to argue without any knowledge at all. I think at least 99% of the V6 people on this forum understand that in normal around town driving a CAI and Mufflers are no better then what came on the car from the factory. The mods only come alive at the higher RPM's when you give it all of the throttle the car got. Ronnie Ronnie
+1. Also, I am somewhat suprised by the absolute opinions given by some on the forum.
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post

+1. Also, I am somewhat suprised by the absolute opinions given by some on the forum.
Maybe black 12 dyno his car before and after they installed the BBK TB and only received 8 rwhp increase with TB on. Just maybe!
Old 11-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Laugh all you want, it'$ the internet. Ford engineers design an intake system that flows all the air required to make the 305HP advertised. They left nothing on the table. If you FEEL better with your aftermarket equipment, enjoy! I won't laugh at you or demean you. I could go into some engineering specifics but I don't think today's youth is that interested. Buy your add-ons and have fun. Before you laugh to hard, you better research a bit more. If you want to improve your intake on a stock system, remove the plastic intake block in front of the air intake in the grill. I picked up 3 mph on an 85 degree day. The total cost was 1/2 hour of my time. Nice fresh ambient air. Not the hot air already passed through the 210 degree radiator next to hot exhaust manifolds.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Laugh all you want, it'$ the internet. Ford engineers design an intake system that flows all the air required to make the 305HP advertised. They left nothing on the table. If you FEEL better with your aftermarket equipment, enjoy! I won't laugh at you or demean you. I could go into some engineering specifics but I don't think today's youth is that interested. Buy your add-ons and have fun. Before you laugh to hard, you better research a bit more. If you want to improve your intake on a stock system, remove the plastic intake block in front of the air intake in the grill. I picked up 3 mph on an 85 degree day. The total cost was 1/2 hour of my time. Nice fresh ambient air. Not the hot air already passed through the 210 degree radiator next to hot exhaust manifolds.
If ur gonna say every bolt on is worthless then show some proof because there's a lot of dyno videos/sheets that say otherwise! They always leave something on the table because they have ALOT if emission regulations.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
^^^^^Is this a troll??^^^^^ Please if your going to make ridiculous claims at least try and back them up! "its the $ internet" is pretty weak. I'm sure 99.9% of the members on here know bolt ons are no "waste" of $$..... I think we just found the .1%. Lol.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
If ur gonna say every bolt on is worthless then show some proof because there's a lot of dyno videos/sheets that say otherwise! They always leave something on the table because they have ALOT if emission regulations.
I would like to see some real proof also because I'd like to stop "wasting" my $$. Lol
Old 11-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #137
JDM
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
You're a genius, Gump!!
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do you track your car at all? Or is it strictly a dd? I'm just trying to understand your reasoning as to why you believe bolt ons are a waste.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
In his defense, a dyno # don't mean sh1t. It's only worth the paper it's printed on :p
Times are what matter whether it be 0-60, 60ft, 1/4, 0-100, lap times, etc.

BC those are real world numbers. Putting a car on a machine and pumping air into it in a controlled environment is not real world results.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe, but take two exact cars, weight, gear. Have one with full bolt ons and one that's stock. Obviously the one with full bolt ons will achieve high dyno numbers and should produce better track times if you use the same driver in both cars. No? If not I'm upgrading to a Prius! Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang