2011-13 V6 0-60 Times and Performance - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Maybe, but take two exact cars, weight, gear. Have one with full bolt ons and one that's stock. Obviously the one with full bolt ons will achieve high dyno numbers and should produce better track times if you use the same driver in both cars. No? If not I'm upgrading to a Prius! Lol
Prius' are torque monsters lmfao
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Prius' are torque monsters lmfao
Lmao!!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
In his defense, a dyno # don't mean sh1t. It's only worth the paper it's printed on :p Times are what matter whether it be 0-60, 60ft, 1/4, 0-100, lap times, etc. BC those are real world numbers. Putting a car on a machine and pumping air into it in a controlled environment is not real world results.
True but in my defense he said 8hp not 1/10 of a sec! Lmao.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #144
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Putting your car on a dyno is nice if you are tuning

The dyno will give you a good indication of rear wheel horsepower and torque. It works great for tuning your engine. They do usually set a fan blowing into the front of the car but it is still not even close the air blowing in at speed. They are a good item to use if you want a paper stating exactly what your engine is putting out at the wheels.

If you really want to know what your car is doing there is nothing like running the quarter mile. Like I say, Just have fun and run your car. Don't worry so much about what times other people are doing. It is less expensive and more fun to just be in competition with yourself. If you go out and are in the 14's your first couple of times it is more fun to see if you can do a better job of driving to get your time down. With proper driving techniques your 3.7 will run a solid low 13's all day long with street tires, a CAI and a set of Mufflers. That is if you take the time to learn how to not spin the wheels and learn how to start off. Stone stock it will be very high 13's or very low 14's.

We are not here to argue or trash a person if they want to put mods on their car. We are here to discuss what we like and what we have done.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:40 AM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
after reading about the whole design of the 3.7 I was amazed it was a well thought out machine , just looking inside you can see its beauty I don't remember any motor that just looked really good then reading how Ford put it all together , its not stuffed in there it sits in like the car was built around it I sure hope Ford goes forward with more cars like this 3.7...............
jon paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:27 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I'm sure the 15 will rock for V6. I'm running a 91 Hybrid tune, Airraid cai and Flowmaster Axle back Force II exhaust system in my 11v6. This spring I'll be getting 3:73 gears, BBK long tube headers and off road shorty x pipe along with BBK throttle body. It should really rock then

KONA! You HAVE to let me pick your brain when you get the headers and stuff! That's the EXACT setup I'm lookin' at! I'm just worried about the sound being too raspy and vibrating/resonating badly in the cockpit.....also about spending 2 grand
Stefown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:42 AM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefown View Post

KONA! You HAVE to let me pick your brain when you get the headers and stuff! That's the EXACT setup I'm lookin' at! I'm just worried about the sound being too raspy and vibrating/resonating badly in the cockpit.....also about spending 2 grand
Already done my friend. All done. Lovin the ride. BBK ceramic headers, off road x pipe, 3:73 gears, one piece aluminum driveshaft. Just ordered J&M LCA's from AM last night.

Car Dyno @ 297 rwhp & 276 rwtq.

The car sounds amazing. There was a bit of interior drone so I had two glass pack resonators welded on. Solved the drone issue.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:50 AM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Already done my friend. All done. Lovin the ride. BBK ceramic headers, off road x pipe, 3:73 gears, one piece aluminum driveshaft. Just ordered J&M LCA's from AM last night.

The car sounds amazing. There was a bit of interior drone so I had two glass pack resonators welded on. Solved the drone issue.
Drone you say eh.... how bad? What rpm? And I don't know much about exhaust ...yet. What about these glass packs?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Stefown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:53 AM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefown View Post

Drone you say eh.... how bad? What rpm? And I don't know much about exhaust ...yet. What about these glass packs?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
The interior drone was annoying me when on the highway at 2500 rpm's. Maybe 75 mph. The glass pack resonators are designed to reduce the drone sound. Its practically gone. No big deal for an exhaust shop to weld on.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:53 AM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

Need to find 3 more HP man! LOL.
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:55 AM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch10 View Post

Need to find 3 more HP man! LOL.
Buddy, if I had manual I would of been over 300 rwhp. I have automatic and you know how that goes. You loose HP. Lol. So darn close. I did want too see 300. Lmao
Old 01-29-2014, 12:56 AM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

procharge her bro. you'll see a lot more than 300 rwhp! lol
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:14 AM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
procharge her bro. you'll see a lot more than 300 rwhp! lol
That's right bro. She would be pushing 440 to the wheels. Oh snap. Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang