2011-13 V6 0-60 Times and Performance - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
2011-13 V6 0-60 Times and Performance

Hey guys! Long story short I'm looking into purchasing a 2013 Mustang. I've been set on the GT and have funds to just meet it, however I'm thinking more and more and the cost of owning the GT (gas, insurance, etc) would be costly.

Essentially, I'm looking into the V6 and want to know how satisfied you guys are with your Stangs? I'd be getting the V6 Premium, so the only difference is the engine. Are you able to run with most of what's on the road? Like will I be kicking myself everyday I get into it and not having the V8?

Also- Please post what your 0-60 times are with all the details on supporting mods. Any other performance details would be great! 1/4 mile times. Show me your pictures of track-apps.

Make note! Gas is probably the biggest factor here.. so stinkin' expensive. So I would preferably like to stick with the 2:73, but if the 3:31 really do make this a new car I could consider it. I'm thinking CAI and Bama tune for sure! Give me All the details you guys have!
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 01:20 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
Hey guys! Long story short I'm looking into purchasing a 2013 Mustang. I've been set on the GT and have funds to just meet it, however I'm thinking more and more and the cost of owning the GT (gas, insurance, etc) would be costly.

Essentially, I'm looking into the V6 and want to know how satisfied you guys are with your Stangs? I'd be getting the V6 Premium, so the only difference is the engine. Are you able to run with most of what's on the road? Like will I be kicking myself everyday I get into it and not having the V8?

Also- Please post what your 0-60 times are with all the details on supporting mods. Any other performance details would be great! 1/4 mile times. Show me your pictures of track-apps.

Make note! Gas is probably the biggest factor here.. so stinkin' expensive. So I would preferably like to stick with the 2:73, but if the 3:31 really do make this a new car I could consider it. I'm thinking CAI and Bama tune for sure! Give me All the details you guys have!
The fastest I have ran 0-60 is a 5.1 and that was with a bama tune and an air raid intake and 2.73s on a 2013 club of america. I love it you can run with most cars especially if you do supporting mods. Such as full exhaust, headers, gears, driveshaft and you'll be good. But you can easily do burnouts and drift if that's what your into. Its a fun car and I have a lead foot and treat every light like a race and I get 26ish average.
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have a 2012 v6 premium and I think its awesome. I wanted a gt but I factored in the same thing you did. I ordered a Steeda cai and the 3.73 gears combo with a sct tuner, i put on magna flow mufflers already. I have been reading about gas and 3.73's, from what I gather, it won't hurt the gas too much. But the v6 is pretty powerful stock.

Yeah, it's not a gt but I love installing after market products on a vehicle and when I'm done its going to surprise a few people. Not only that I get to keep my monthly payments and insurance low.
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 01:57 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

It sounds as though power is you're main concern. My 0 to 60 is 5.9 seconds, but I don't have it tuned yet. I think the power is great. It's not like the GT though. Sounds as though you would be happier with a GT. I would get a quote for both from your insurance and see if it's worth the extra money for you. You will probably use twice as much gas with the GT. If it's your daily driver it might be a concern. I'd test drive both, but it sounds as though the GT is a better fit for you.

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Power is your* concern. I'm tired
D2theJ2theC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

It really depends on what you want and how much you are willing to pay for it. Do you plan to track the car or not? Are you looking to have a 600 HP car? I personally wouldn't waste the 1700 dollars on the performance package to get the 3:31 gears and the GT suspension. If majority of your driving is typically in a straight line then you won't utilize the upgraded suspension. The suspension in the base model is awesome. Because the car lacks some down low torque the car really should have at least 3:55 gears but mainly 3:73 gears. Save the 1700 on the performance package and install gears, performance tuner, cold air intake and exhaust. You will see an immediate difference in your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. The upgraded Gt suspension is sweet if your track racing or driving a lot of tight curves but the stock suspension is real good. I wouldn't even waist the 400 dollars for Ford to have the 3:31 gears as an option.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:08 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

i have a 2012 v6 with the performance package and i am getting a 0-60 around 5.2 with my bame 91 race tune and cold air kit. i feel like it could go lower however i am 18, this is my first manual car, and I am not used to racing it. if you knew how to launch properly im sure it wouldn't take much to get it into the 4s. i know American Muscle got there v6 mustang down to 4.3 0-60 with just bolt ons
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:13 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
i have a 2012 v6 with the performance package and i am getting a 0-60 around 5.2 with my bame 91 race tune and cold air kit. i feel like it could go lower however i am 18, this is my first manual car, and I am not used to racing it. if you knew how to launch properly im sure it wouldn't take much to get it into the 4s. i know American Muscle got there v6 mustang down to 4.3 0-60 with just bolt ons
Our v6 models are bad a$$ now. They can really move. Amazing what they can do with around 3k of bolt on mods
Old 02-10-2013, 03:20 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

you got that right. hopefully the 2015 model only improves the v6 further!
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:29 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
you got that right. hopefully the 2015 model only improves the v6 further!
I'm sure the 15 will rock for V6. I'm running a 91 Hybrid tune, Airraid cai and Flowmaster Axle back Force II exhaust system in my 11v6. This spring I'll be getting 3:73 gears, BBK long tube headers and off road shorty x pipe along with BBK throttle body. It should really rock then
Old 02-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
This is a video I took yesterday 0-60. I installed an Airaid CAI and am waiting to do catback exhaust.
Attached Files
rotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

It really depends on what you want and how much you are willing to pay for it. Do you plan to track the car or not? Are you looking to have a 600 HP car? I personally wouldn't waist the 1700 dollars on the performance package to get the 3:31 gears and the GT suspension. If majority of your driving is typically in a straight line then you won't utilize the upgraded suspension. The suspension in the base model is awesome. Because the car lacks some down low torque the car really should have at least 3:55 gears but mainly 3:73 gears. Save the 1700 on the performance package and install gears, performance tuner, cold air intake and exhaust. You will see an immediate difference in your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. The upgraded Gt suspension is sweet if your track racing or driving a lot of tight curves but the stock suspension is real good. I wouldn't even waist the 400 dollars for Ford to have the 3:31 gears as an option..
I can't help but shake my head at this ridiculous post!
TheStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

You should at least upgrade the 2.73 gears! 400$ over five years is roughly 7$ a month. Hardly a "waste" I have the 2.73 and wish I would have upgraded!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
You should at least upgrade the 2.73 gears! 400$ over five years is roughly 7$ a month. Hardly a "waste" I have the 2.73 and wish I would have upgraded!
As stated I think its a waste to spend the 400 dollars to get the upgraded 3:31 gears directly from the factory. My opinion is spend around 600 dollars and get 3:55, 3:73 or 4:10 gears installed and get rid of the 2:73 gears. I think its a waste to spend the 400 on the 3:31 only for people to swap them out with another gear. Put the 400 into another mod. So if you wish you upgraded the gears, then go upgrade and have 3:31 gears installed.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post

Certainly, your entitled to your opinion which is not the same. I'm sure the OP would like to hear your thoughts
Old 02-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig

+1 The performance package is a steal...the tires+rims they come with are worth at least $1500 alone.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

+1 The performance package is a steal...the tires+rims they come with are worth at least $1500 alone.
Yes, I agree if that is what is important to someone. If the OP wants the 19 inch wheels and rims then the performance package is a must have and good price. Again, its about what someone wants in there car. For me, I don't care about having 19 inch tires and wheels. I personally would spend the 1,700 in other areas of the car by mods. If the OP wants a 700 HP car then, he would be happier with buying a 5.0. If going 0-60 in around 5.2 seconds is fast enough for the OP then he will love the V6. I personally have no regrets with my v6 choice but again its about what someone is looking for in their vehicle. Its possible the OP could regret not buying a V8.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Hey everyone! I'm loving all your input! No bad information or opinions being made.

A few questions I might is, what's going to be the MPG effect in the 3:55 gears? MPG is the main thing I'm concerned about, but at the same time having an awesome performance car! I'll be saving $5,000 by going a V6 over the GT and I'd be willing to spend some of that into performance mods. What would I need to get myself into the high 4's? Does AM have any intake manifolds for the V6?

This being a V6 it isn't going to sound like a V8, but I want something loud and deep that will turn heads when I hammer it. But a good tone. I'd like it to be quiet when I want it though? Roush a good idea? I'm thinking that whatever axleback I get I might just get some QTP Cutouts along with it so I can have that straight headers sound. What do you guys think?
Old 02-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey everyone! I'm loving all your input! No bad information or opinions being made.

A few questions I might is, what's going to be the MPG effect in the 3:55 gears? MPG is the main thing I'm concerned about, but at the same time having an awesome performance car! I'll be saving $5,000 by going a V6 over the GT and I'd be willing to spend some of that into performance mods. What would I need to get myself into the high 4's? Does AM have any intake manifolds for the V6?

This being a V6 it isn't going to sound like a V8, but I want something loud and deep that will turn heads when I hammer it. But a good tone. I'd like it to be quiet when I want it though? Roush a good idea? I'm thinking that whatever axleback I get I might just get some QTP Cutouts along with it so I can have that straight headers sound. What do you guys think?
I'm not sure about the 3.55s but it still probably won't drop below 20. To get in the 4's I would get headers, x pipe, aluminum driveshaft, and exhaust. I personally don't like the roush I think it sounds ricey but its all personal opinion. I would go magnaflow or borla s type/touring. Then obviously the cai and tune and gears and it should easily be in the 4's.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post

I'm not sure about the 3.55s but it still probably won't drop below 20. To get in the 4's I would get headers, x pipe, aluminum driveshaft, and exhaust. I personally don't like the roush I think it sounds ricey but its all personal opinion. I would go magnaflow or borla s type/touring. Then obviously the cai and tune and gears and it should easily be in the 4's.
I think what you may find that if your looking to get your V6 in the 4 second 0-60 range then your going to have to spend at least 3k in bolt on mods. That 3k is not including any install prices on the bolt on mods unless your doing all the work yourself or buddy for free. If your paying for install you could be looking at another 1k. Just gears alone on a install price can be around 400 not including the purchase of the gears itself.

If your looking at a 5k savings by buying the V6 over the V8 but with 4k mods now your actual savings is around 1k. The stock 5.0 will run 0-60 mid 4's my understanding which is where you want to be and bit faster. Now granted the 5.0 may be bone stock for 5k more compared to a V6 premium with leather seats but you will be right there in performance for your 0-60 times you want.

If you do go with the V6, I would think you will need the following bolt on mods to hit 0-60 in the 4's: Performance tuner, CAI, axle or cat back exhaust system, Headers,BBK throttle body, one piece aluminum driveshaft and 3:73 gears. Just my thought as I'm sure someone will disagree and think this post is crazy.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

As stated I think its a waste to spend the 400 dollars to get the upgraded 3:31 gears directly from the factory. My opinion is spend around 600 dollars and get 3:55, 3:73 or 4:10 gears installed and get rid of the 2:73 gears. I think its a waste to spend the 400 on the 3:31 only for people to swap them out with another gear. Put the 400 into another mod. So if you wish you upgraded the gears, then go upgrade and have 3:31 gears installed.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Certainly, your entitled to your opinion which is not the same. I'm sure the OP would like to hear your thoughts
As I stated...gears installed are going to run a lot more than 400$, and over 5 years its 7$ a month, much easier to pay off. Like someone stated the pp is a steal if your gonna get wheels and tires eventually anyways not to mention the suspension upgrades and other goodies you get! He had stated that he could purchase the 5.0 and money doesn't seem to be much of an issue so why would you pass on the pp? Wheels and a good set of tires will almost run you that anyways! So if he'd pass on the pp and goes balls to the wall on upgrades he and most other people will upgrade wheels, suspension etc eventually anyways. Just seems to be wasting money by no upgrading its great bang for the buck Imo.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

As I stated...gears installed are going to run a lot more than 400$, and over 5 years its 7$ a month, much easier to pay off. Like someone stated the pp is a steal if your gonna get wheels and tires eventually anyways not to mention the suspension upgrades and other goodies you get! He had stated that he could purchase the 5.0 and money doesn't seem to be much of an issue so why would you pass on the pp? Wheels and a good set of tires will almost run you that anyways! So if he'd pass on the pp and goes balls to the wall on upgrades he and most other people will upgrade wheels, suspension etc eventually anyways. Just seems to be wasting money and going backwards imo.
As far as the 400 dollars for the 3:31 gears I personally wouldn't spend that because I would want to spend 600 and have either 3:55 or 3:73 gears installed. To me, 200 dollars more is not a lot more money when someone is spending 27k plus on a vehicle. If one is really looking to improve 0-60 and 1/4 mile times then unless one is spending the money to supercharge there car, installing higher gears than 3:31 is the way to go. My own personal opinion spending 400 dollars on 3:31 gears is a waste of money when 600 dollars can get you 3:73 or 4:10 gears. Unfortunately , Ford does not offer factory 3:55 or 3:73 gears as a option for V6 models or that would be a no brainer for the 400 dollars.

As far as the performance package, yes its worth it again if someone plans on buying 19 inch wheels down the road and plans on upgrading there suspension system. Those types of upgrades may not be important to all buyers. Those types are not important to a consumer like myself. I drive my car maybe 8k miles a year and live in a rural county in the State of Maryland. My driving consists of getting on a highway and go straight until you make a right or left turn at the traffic light. I don't need 19 inch tires to drive straight on a highway or a GT suspension to drive straight. But that's just my driving situation, everybody is different. Someone like me would never notice or take advantage of the upgrades because of how I use my car. I don't even use my car for work. I don't track my car, race my pony or burn out my 17 inch tires. I love the acceleration from pounding on the gas pedal around 20 MPH and merging speeds.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

It all depends on what direction the person is taking his ride.... For me its no tune so even though 3.73s would be nice I'm not risking my warranty. For him just the other upgrades are worth the pp even when he changes his gear.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It all depends on what direction the person is taking his ride.... For me its no tune so even though 3.73s would be nice I'm not risking my warranty. For him just the other upgrades are worth the pp even when he changes his gear.
Will the GT suspension and 19 inch tires in the performance package help the OP achieve the 0-60 time he is looking for?
Old 02-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Will the GT suspension and 19 inch tires in the performance package help the OP achieve the 0-60 time he is looking for?
No but it will look cooler. : ) my point being is that its upgrades 90% of people do to there rides anyways. Have you heard of anyone investing heavily into there rides and running stock wheels and suspensions? Think about it!

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

In the end its his and your and my choices. Not starting anything with you just my 2 cents. : )
Old 02-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No but it will look cooler. : ) my point being is that its upgrades 90% of people do to there rides anyways. Have you heard of anyone investing heavily into there rides and running stock wheels and suspensions? Think about it!
True, never heard of it if someone was heavily investing into there rides but not everybody who buys a stang is looking to heavily invest in mods. Let's be honest, if someone was looking to really invest and heavily mod there car, then most likely many will not be buying a V6 model. Define an amount of money you consider one would spend to heavily invest and mod their car
Old 02-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for all the input everyone. I guess to put it long story short, I want to get my car into the 4's 0-60 or low super low 5's without hurting my mileage (maybe even increasing it). Is that possible? This car is going to be DD and so I'll put plenty of miles on it.

I plan to buy my own wheels, not sure what size but thinking 20's Vossens or something similar. Are those good for acceleration and MPG? Larger the wheel size the lower the RPMs, correct? Regardless I'll probably use the stock wheels as winter rims for my winter tires.

I don't plan to do the any suspension mods, cause isn't the suspension without the PP already really good? Or should I just get it still considering all of what I want with my car? Thanks guys
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks for all the input everyone. I guess to put it long story short, I want to get my car into the 4's 0-60 or low super low 5's without hurting my mileage (maybe even increasing it). Is that possible? This car is going to be DD and so I'll put plenty of miles on it.

I plan to buy my own wheels, not sure what size but thinking 20's Vossens or something similar. Are those good for acceleration and MPG? Larger the wheel size the lower the RPMs, correct? Regardless I'll probably use the stock wheels as winter rims for my winter tires.

I don't plan to do the any suspension mods, cause isn't the suspension without the PP already really good? Or should I just get it still considering all of what I want with my car? Thanks guys
Taller tire better gas mileage, less resistant. Then with suspension if you lower it less resistance and more down force better gas mileage so your call.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I got v6 premium mt with the perf pack for a little over 27000 back in October. My gf had a 2011 v6 prem. at the time. Mine feels like a different car stiffer and more get up and go with the lower gearing. Plus u get the sport mode advancetrac which is fun in the snow. The pp wheels are pretty good looking you could always sell them get your 20's and buy a winter set for around 1100 later.
Gf also got a gt for a loaner when her escape got recalled. Sweet engine but I could feel that it was heavier in the front than the v6. Made me look to see how close getting one would have been. With the x plan and about 2000 in incentives a gt in dec would have come in around 29k. I can't remember now whether that would have come with leather and track pack but most likely since that would have been how I'd like it. Something to look at before buying
For me I'm happy for a daily driver just need to get the bama tuner this summer.
jomcgui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer

I have an airaid cai, bama 93 hybrid tune, FRPP sport axlebacks and 3.73 gears and hit 4.9 routinely with track apps 0-60 timer. Prior to the gears I was getting 5.1 seconds. I am running stock wheels and tires which will be changing soon. I have a BBK throttle body coming to me the end of February because it is on back order. That could potentially drop me another tenth.
Cost:
Cai/tuner combo - $620
Gears & install - ~$450
Axlebacks of your choice - I love the FRPP Sports, they sound very refined and not ricey. ~$600 - dependent on choice.

That is $1670 + 6% forum discount = $1570 to make 5 seconds or just under. The axlebacks aren't even needed so it is more like a grand, but you will want them for the sound.

Add a throttle body and full exhaust setup along with a one-piece aluminum driveshaft for another $2000 or so can drop you. You can also go full suspension upgrade a la American Muscle, that's where they saw a huge time drop.

I tried uploading a pic of the 4.9s time but the app keeps crashing. Here is a shaky cell phone vid instead. Also on my channel is a video of the exhaust. Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130211_011157.png
Views:	468
Size:	717.7 KB
ID:	90293   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130211_011347.png
Views:	319
Size:	717.7 KB
ID:	90294  

NakedCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:30 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedCat View Post

I have an airaid cai, bama 93 hybrid tune, FRPP sport axlebacks and 3.73 gears and hit 4.9 routinely with track apps 0-60 timer. Prior to the gears I was getting 5.1 seconds. I am running stock wheels and tires which will be changing soon. I have a BBK throttle body coming to me the end of February because it is on back order. That could potentially drop me another tenth.
Cost:
Cai/tuner combo - $620
Gears & install - ~$450
Axlebacks of your choice - I love the FRPP Sports, they sound very refined and not ricey. ~$600 - dependent on choice.

That is $1670 + 6% forum discount = $1570 to make 5 seconds or just under. The axlebacks aren't even needed so it is more like a grand, but you will want them for the sound.

Add a throttle body and full exhaust setup along with a one-piece aluminum driveshaft for another $2000 or so can drop you. You can also go full suspension upgrade a la American Muscle, that's where they saw a huge time drop.

I tried uploading a pic of the 4.9s time but the app keeps crashing. Here is a shaky cell phone vid instead. Also on my channel is a video of the exhaust. Hope this helps.

Wow, that's incredible times man, 4.9 0-60 runs. That's almost stock 5.0 times with no throttle body and no headers and cats still on. Wow.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Wow, that's incredible times man, 4.9 0-60 runs. That's almost stock 5.0 times with no throttle body and no headers and cats still on. Wow.
Yea that is a great time. Gears make a huge difference.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have a 2012 v6 auto with 3.73 gears, CAI, Bama 93 hybrid tune and muffler deletes. I get 28 mpg highway in normal conditions (light traffic). In longer trips on more open road I can almost get the 30 (I load a performance tune for long trips, better mpg).around town I get 25 average but I also have a heavy foot. I can't give you an exact 0-60 but my buddy in his 13 will line up with me and he will go 0-60 in about 5.2 and at that point I will be just over a car length ahead and pulling away. That's from a dead stop and no launch on my part. Im sure im in the high 4's... I'm about to have an aluminum drive shaft and that will bring my 0-60 down as well. I will have better times once I get it to the track but the DS needs to go in first.

20" wheels are going to hurt that 0-60 time and will give you a rougher ride. I personally recommend 18" but that's personal preference. A mild lowering kit would be a good idea too if this is a street car and could help mpg.

If you don't want to do gears later then pay the 400 and get the gears from the factory. It's not going to hurt your mpg much at all. The whole pp deal is only worth it for the wheels so if your not buying it for the wheels then pass. The GT suspension comes in it, you could buy that cheaply from a GT owner and the gears you can get as an option.

If your wondering if this 3.7 will compete with the other v6 out there the answer is yes. I was beating 350z and the v6 BMW's most the time when I was stock. Now that I'm modded I walk all those cars unless they are heavily modded and even then It's a good race.

...I do my racing on the track, so should you
Old 02-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedCat View Post

Cost:
Cai/tuner combo - $620
Gears & install - ~$450

Impressive, you sir seem to be a pretty good driver
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

My 0-60 with my steeda 91 tune, Jlt intake, 3.31 gears, 18 inch pony package rims, and 245 45 18 (shorter tire than stock increases gearing) is under 5 seconds if I get traction.

Here's a video with me not even launching, just off idle in drive, and it's just under 5 seconds maybe 4.8-4.9 seconds I've tested it with a stopwatch.

http://youtu.be/OXwkABz32_k
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

My Banana will outrun 0-60 your banana any day of the week and I got the slips too prove it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130211_182522.png
Views:	1261
Size:	558.3 KB
ID:	90417
Old 02-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
My Banana will outrun 0-60 your banana any day of the week and I got the slips too prove it.
Attachment 90417
I see you got the low profile tires on this banana. Nice wheels! Was it lowered, too? I've been trying to supercharge my banana, but no luck so far...

heh

Relating back to the actual post a bit, I've been watching and reading and I'm getting that for my own purposes changing gears to 3.73s seem like something I will want to do before I go for an alum ds.

My question, though, is *which* 3.73s. I see on American Muscle the Ford Racing gears are well-liked, but everyone who says anything about it hears a whine or howl they can't get rid of. The 3.73s from Motive seem far less popular but no one complains about a whine.

Anyone have experience to share about the gears they chose?
DEvermore is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang