2011-2013 v6 pricing - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
2011-2013 v6 pricing

So in an effort to avoid derailing any other threads with this question, I decided to start one. I thought it may be useful to have a thread where people can post a deal and have others comment on an acceptable price point, negotiating tips, what to use as a leveraging tool, etc.

I'm in the market for a 2011-2013 v6 m6 with reasonable mileage (so I know it wasn't abused mainly).

I've come across a handful of deals, but none that blow me away. I'm not sure if it's because I'm cheap, mustangs hold their values, or simply inflated pricing.

Here's the links (I hope the mods dont mind):
Let me know what you think would be a good deal and a price that I should stick to. I'll be trading in my 08' Chevy Equinox LT with 65k miles (good condition) which has about 4k paid off (worth 12k trade in)

2012 v6 $18,750 w/ 16k miles
Cars for Sale: 2012 Ford Mustang Coupe in New Rochelle, NY 10801: Coupe Details - 338617694 - AutoTrader.com

2012 v6 premium $22,990 w/ 2627 miles
Staten Island, NY 2012 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Certified Coupe near New York, NY Newark, NJ Dana Motors Ltd

2011 v6 $20,401 w/ 19k miles
Cars for Sale: 2011 Ford Mustang Coupe in Edison, NJ 08817: Coupe Details - 326946304 - AutoTrader.com

Thanks everyone, and I hope this thread helps out anyone else in the market for something similar.
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post
So in an effort to avoid derailing any other threads with this question, I decided to start one. I thought it may be useful to have a thread where people can post a deal and have others comment on an acceptable price point, negotiating tips, what to use as a leveraging tool, etc.

I'm in the market for a 2011-2013 v6 m6 with reasonable mileage (so I know it wasn't abused mainly).

I've come across a handful of deals, but none that blow me away. I'm not sure if it's because I'm cheap, mustangs hold their values, or simply inflated pricing.

Here's the links (I hope the mods dont mind):
Let me know what you think would be a good deal and a price that I should stick to. I'll be trading in my 08' Chevy Equinox LT with 65k miles (good condition) which has about 4k paid off (worth 12k trade in)

2012 v6 $18,750 w/ 16k miles
Cars for Sale: 2012 Ford Mustang Coupe in New Rochelle, NY 10801: Coupe Details - 338617694 - AutoTrader.com

2012 v6 premium $22,990 w/ 2627 miles
Staten Island, NY 2012 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Certified Coupe near New York, NY Newark, NJ Dana Motors Ltd

2011 v6 $20,401 w/ 19k miles
Cars for Sale: 2011 Ford Mustang Coupe in Edison, NJ 08817: Coupe Details - 326946304 - AutoTrader.com

Thanks everyone, and I hope this thread helps out anyone else in the market for something similar.
When buying or selling a car, I always have the car with options appraised at
http://www.edmunds.com/

Interestingly my 2013 appraises for more than when I bought it new.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
When buying or selling a car, I always have the car with options appraised at
New Cars, Used Cars, Car Reviews and Pricing - Edmunds.com

Interestingly my 2013 appraises for more than when I bought it new.

Thats a good idea. It seems like with all these incentives and rebates available, I can almost find a newer 2013 for relatively the same price as these used cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
I picked up my 2012 new for a reasonable price.

I knew invoice, and wanted to pay it. They had rebates that were good at the time so I was happy with that (1000) and I had a 750 coupon through force (request a brochure and sometimes they include them in it when you get one go to ford.com to request one)

I had two dealers with the same car each quote me (I had the quote put in writing itemized with full detail! Most dealers REQUIRE this before they price match). This saved me 200.00 EASY.

Buy at the end of the month when they are meeting quotas

Know when rebates expire/change and buy when you fee they are good

Know invoice, know dealer rebates, and also know customer rebates. Dealer rebates are rebates the DEALER gets that you dont know about when they sell the car, they generally will not mention these or pretend they dont exist. Most dont like you to mention them, but know about them so you know that they have more wiggle room than they are letting on.

Ordering a car is generally easier than having one shipped negotiation wise since the dealer the car transfers from gets credit/rebates etc on it.

Making them spend a ton of time with you helping you makes them more ready to get you a good deal. Once you have them investing a chunk of time on you they want to get something out of it.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
I picked up my 2012 new for a reasonable price.

I knew invoice, and wanted to pay it. They had rebates that were good at the time so I was happy with that (1000) and I had a 750 coupon through force (request a brochure and sometimes they include them in it when you get one go to ford.com to request one)

I had two dealers with the same car each quote me (I had the quote put in writing itemized with full detail! Most dealers REQUIRE this before they price match). This saved me 200.00 EASY.

Buy at the end of the month when they are meeting quotas

Know when rebates expire/change and buy when you fee they are good

Know invoice, know dealer rebates, and also know customer rebates. Dealer rebates are rebates the DEALER gets that you dont know about when they sell the car, they generally will not mention these or pretend they dont exist. Most dont like you to mention them, but know about them so you know that they have more wiggle room than they are letting on.

Ordering a car is generally easier than having one shipped negotiation wise since the dealer the car transfers from gets credit/rebates etc on it.

Making them spend a ton of time with you helping you makes them more ready to get you a good deal. Once you have them investing a chunk of time on you they want to get something out of it.

Thanks so much for this Spector!

Are the rebates available apply to used cars? (I.E. 2012 with 2k miles?) If not, this makes me think I can get something new for a grand or two more once all is said and done.

Any suggestions for sites to check on current rebates and when they expire/change like you mentioned?

I'll definitely order a brochue today, and how about finding out invoice? Did you simply ask the salesmen you were working withat?

Thanks again, really helps a lot. Trying to prepare to start chipping away at a good deal this weekend, with a purchase ideally towards the end of the month.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I got mine during an end of year sale which I inadvertently stumbled on when I was at the dealer. I got $500 of for being active duty military but I got $3000 off because of the end of year blowout and didn't need to pay taxes on top of that.
rotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotors View Post
I got mine during an end of year sale which I inadvertently stumbled on when I was at the dealer. I got $500 of for being active duty military but I got $3000 off because of the end of year blowout and didn't need to pay taxes on top of that.
Damn that sounds awesome. Sucks its February lol
Old 02-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #8

Region: Illinois
I picked up a 2013 v6 Mustang with Tech Package and 3.31 ratio for 23,000
13Stang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I got a deal on mine because I wanted a red one & they only had a blue & gray one there so the supervisor told me if I get the one they had there he would knock off like 2k so I took it!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
[and how about finding out invoice? ]

Edmunds.com new car quotes will show all this info, invoice, rebates etc. By The Way customer rebates are by zip code. The rebates when I bought my car were $500 more in Indiana than Ohio.

Boss 302 2dr Car5.0L V8 RWD 6-speed Manual Invoice $38,930 MSRP $42,200
Employee price at Chevy for example is lower than dealer invoice.
Ford has partner plans that get you the deal negociated for you up front. Find out where you work, or where your parents work if they have a Ford partner plan.

I bought my 2008 Chevy Truck in Nov. 2008 when they had 40 of them on the lot and none were selling with gas at $4.85 a gallon. I got a $36,995 truck for $22,995, they sold it at a loss. I don't think we will see those days of deals like that again, but teaches the laws of economics; supply and demand.. .But that wasn't effecting Sport car prices. Mustang and Dodge would not budge on their prices, as demand by folks with money was still there on the sports cars.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Here is a good site for buying a car. They have an excellent spreadsheet that you can download. With a little information from the dealer you can figure out the entire price, especially the profit the dealer makes. Or as is some cases, rebuff the dealer's claim that he isn't making any money at all. You can also information about some of the things that dealers try to hide or sneak by you.

Car Buying Guide for New and Used Vehicles | CarBuyingtips.com
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Stang37 View Post
I picked up a 2013 v6 Mustang with Tech Package and 3.31 ratio for 23,000
Wow. Damn that's a great price bro
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #13

Below is the email with a quote that I eventually went with:

Hi Steve,

2014 Mustang V6 Premium/all equipment below:

MSRP $32205

EPrice $29343 ($200 over invoice less $1000 rebate)

Please advise any questions and thanks.

I think there were some regional fees also thrown into that EPrice. I emailed several dealers. They were all within a couple hundred bucks of each other. Didn't really feel like haggling, so I made my decision within days.

Ordered 2/09 | Received VIN 2/13 | Window Sticker 2/19 | Build Date 2/25 / Delivered 3/11
-Airaid CAI/JLT Catch Can, LLumar 20% Tint
RogueWing16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I'm working on a 2013 v6 manual for 18.5-19k OTD, that's my goal. Thoughts? Can I do better?
Old 02-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #15
Rex

Region: Texas
I got my 2013 V6 premium for $23, 900. 1.9% interest. Had offers from many different ford dealers but this was the best offer I got by far. Some dealers were trying to get me the basic v6 for the same price
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I am working on a basic v6 coupe 2013 for $19k OTD.

That is a deal I can sleep with, they're also giving me $12k for my 08 equinox.

Should be pretty easily financed. Drove it today and gave me such adrenaline, amazing.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Best to sell your old car privately. You get a great deal on the car your buying, but you get screwed on the trade in.
Yankytyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankytyke View Post
Best to sell your old car privately. You get a great deal on the car your buying, but you get screwed on the trade in.
I paid $13.3 a few months ago and still owe about 10.3 on it, I am taking a 1k-1200 hit if you count the mileage I put on. Dont have a ton of time to wait to sell it privately.

Its losing value as I drive it more, plus the 19mpg is killing me. Not a bad thought though...just not sure it'd sell in a reasonable time frame.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
12k for an 08 equinox from a dealer is pretty good! Canada sucks for buying a car! When I hear about the prices you guy's get on new cars it makes me want to pull my hair out! Bought my 13 new and paid almost 4k in f'in tax! On top of that its law in Quebec That you need winter tires so there's another 800-1k in tires and steel rims for the winter! Almost 5k and havnt started paying for the actual car yet! God bless the u.s.a! Lol
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:44 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
12k for an 08 equinox from a dealer is pretty good! Canada sucks for buying a car! When I hear about the prices you guy's get on new cars it makes me want to pull my hair out! Bought my 13 new and paid almost 4k in f'in tax! On top of that its law in Quebec That you need winter tires so there's another 800-1k in tires and steel rims for the winter! Almost 5k and havnt started paying for the actual car yet! God bless the u.s.a! Lol
Wow that's tough man... But at the end of the day you still made it work !

It handles ok with the winter tires ? That's my one worry I am still dealing with.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:45 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow that's tough man... But at the end of the day you still made it work !

It handles ok with the winter tires ? That's my one worry I am still dealing with.
It's handles o.k. can't wait till spring!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:50 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's handles o.k. can't wait till spring!
Yeah I hear ya. Snowed the last two weekends here in Jersey and that isnt exactly confidence inspiring when in the midst of a rwd purchase lol.

I'm over it though
Old 02-14-2013, 05:25 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I hear ya. Snowed the last two weekends here in Jersey and that isnt exactly confidence inspiring when in the midst of a rwd purchase lol.

I'm over it though
You won't regret it! The tc and advance trac do work well. You can easily break the back end loose but the system doesn't let you spin out.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You won't regret it! The tc and advance trac do work well. You can easily break the back end loose but the system doesn't let you spin out.
Awesome, that's great to hear. Been reading so many articles and watching youtube vids on the 3.7L's, and I get more and more anxious. Just can't let this dealership know how motivated I am to sign my name on the dotted line lol

I told them I'm motivated, but not desperate...and being in grad school certainly doesn't help. Trying to keep these monthly payments reasonable!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #25

[/COLOR]
Quote:
then you have to add that we pay almost twice for parts and service : gear install US = 600 canada = 1200 :s
Daffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I told them I'm motivated, but not desperate...and being in grad school certainly doesn't help. Trying to keep these monthly payments reasonable!
I always went into dealerships with the look of someone who is not impressed. When i get the quote i make for the door, i got a better quote.
Same with financing, they come up with a stupid apr i told them i can get it for 3% they decided they could do it for 1.7%
Looking motivated doesn't pay.
Yankytyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffire View Post

you forgot

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

then you have to add that we pay almost twice for parts and service : gear install US = 600 canada = 1200 :s
Actually I was just quoted 500$ gears and install. Recommend by my Ford dealer!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #28

Quote:

Actually I was just quoted 500$ gears and install. Recommend by my Ford dealer!
where?? Ill book an appointment asap !!here its 1100 and above, maybe its 500 for install only?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

where?? Ill book an appointment asap !!here its 1100 and above, maybe its 500 for install only?
500 gear and instal! 199 for the gear (ford racing) 300 for the install and tune! I guessing your not near montreal? The place is called mustang direct.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #30

Quote:

500 gear and instal! 199 for the gear (ford racing) 300 for the install and tune! I guessing your not near montreal? The place is called mustang direct.
im in gatineau so about 2 hours, ill check them out
Old 02-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

im in gatineau so about 2 hours, ill check them out
That's awesome! Well worth the trip. They are in saint constant near chateauguay on the south shore. I can get you the address and phone # if you need it.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

It never ceases to amaze me how dumb Ford dealerships think potential customers are. After a big Friday night of pizza with the wife and our two children we decided to stop off at the Ford dealership up the road from from the eating establishment. As we were walking on the lot we came across a used 2013 5.0. The dealership was asking around 28k and that was written on the bottom half of the sheet. On the top half it had listed 38k. At this point a salesman had walked over to us and introduced himself. I had questioned the salesman about the 38k written on the top half of the sheet. The salesman advised that 38k was the window sticker when it was new.

The door to this vehicle was unlocked so I opened it up to have a look at all the cool gadgets the car came with. Now keep in mind, the salesman told me the car originally listed for 38k. To my surprise the car had cloth, manual seats, no tech package, no back up camera, no navigation, standard wheels. Further, the car did not have track pack, no brembo brakes, and 3:15 gears. There was no way the car listed originally for 38k. The only thing extra it had that costs about 1k more was a automatic. What kind of fool does that dealership think its customers are.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #33

Quote:
That's awesome! Well worth the trip. They are in saint constant near chateauguay on the south shore. I can get you the address and phone # if you need it.
Thanks! I got the link and I just called them. Your a lifesaver, I really did not want to pay 1k and up.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks! I got the link and I just called them. Your a lifesaver, I really did not want to pay 1k and up.
Np. Glad to help!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Still no word yet on the deal from the dealership. I guess this is part of the infamous "waiting game."

I am actually considering looking for some 11-12's with under 8-10k miles that may have some extra packages for the same price as I'll pay for the bone stock 13'.

Food for thought. In the mean time, damn its a tease reading the forums without my own mustang. fml

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang