Truly Satisfied - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Truly Satisfied

I was just wondering with all you guys, are you truly satisfied and joyed you bought your 2011+ V6 stang? On a scale 1-10? I've been set on a GT, but lately I've been thinking about gas, insurance, reliability (5.0's don't rate as well), etc. And the V6 seems to have enough power nowadays and exterior wise I can make one MEAN looking V6 for a couple thousand. So how are you satisfied in:

Performance wise?

Interior wise?

Daily Driver wise?

Everything in general?

What should your V6 use or what are they lacking? Thanks everyone!
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
I was just wondering with all you guys, are you truly satisfied and joyed you bought your 2011+ V6 stang? On a scale 1-10? I've been set on a GT, but lately I've been thinking about gas, insurance, reliability (5.0's don't rate as well), etc. And the V6 seems to have enough power nowadays and exterior wise I can make one MEAN looking V6 for a couple thousand. So how are you satisfied in:

Performance wise?

Interior wise?

Daily Driver wise?

Everything in general?

Love my stang! I test drove a bunch of fox bodies in the 90's and can say this one (11-13) blows them away imo! Great on gas, insurance. The only thing I would like improved would be the mt-82. It can get a little Notchy from 1st to 2nd sometimes but overall is still very good! (6 speed manual)
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Performance wise?

Interior wise?

Daily Driver wise?

Everything in general?

I love it its really comfortable and easy to modify. Especially sense you can use basically everything the 5.0 besides engine components. Especially because for about a 1500 bucks you can make it run the same 0-60 as the 5.0 and still get 20+ mpg. It is super comfortable and the interior is nice all the plastics are pretty nice and it comes with a nice sound system and interior lights and the leather is really nice too. It is my daily driver and I think its great good gas mileage and its cheap to fill up even if I fill it with premium. I personally think it's a great buy and its fun to run the older V8s and hang with the newer ones. If you have any other questions let me know.
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I love my mustang (2012 v6). No regrets at all..
Old 02-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Honestly, these V6s deliver everything except the V8 sounds. They have the power, the fuel economy, and their own distinct sound. However, if you can't live without the V8 burble, it doesn't matter.

I'm very content with my car, especially when I look at the $7k more a GT would have cost me.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
+100% Sanguin,

There are plenty of exhaust systems that make this car sound good, but it does have its own sound.
Pony Package
6-Speed Auto
CloudsInMyCoffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:

Performance wise? a 12

Interior wise? a 12

Daily Driver wise? a 20

Everything in general? a 25

What should your V6 use or what are they lacking? Nothing Thanks everyone!
Answers above. Using your 1 to 10 scale, everything falls above!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Performance wise?

Interior wise?

Daily Driver wise?

Everything in general?

Performance- 9
Interior- 9-10
Daily driver- 9
Everything- 10 I love my mustang and I think it rides and performs great
Old 02-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I bought a 2013 Premium V6 Pony Pak in July 2012. Looked at the GT but wanted long legs on long trips I take for gas miliage. I use it as a 3 season daily driver; I won't let it ever see salt or brine. That has ruined the under-body of my Chevy 2008 Silverado even with the factory undercoating. Stuff keeps flaking off and I don't want to see taht on the 'Stang. In fact I was once 3 cars behind a brine truck and a month later the Corrugated Oxide coated black steel push bars on my truck were all rusted. Had to sand them down this summer and repaint with BBQ black paint.

Now back to the 3 season Mustang.

Performance 10 Its faster then all the V8 and big block cars of my '70s I had
[for example a '73 TransAm with a 455cid was only 335hpr]

Interior- 12+ Love the premium leather and other options
Daily driver- 10 Drives like its on rails, gets the same mileage as many 4cly cars
Insurance- didn't matter. State Farm quoted me a Shelby GT500 at $10 more a month. Guess that probably is because of my age, don't really know.

Everything- 12+ It gets great comments and even better I like it like no other so far.
Before this car the best one I had was a '72 Sebring Plus 400cid in Mopar's Grabber blue they called Nuclear blue IIRC. This car blowes everything about that older car away.

If I wanted the V8, I would have to gone up to the Boss 302 Laguna; and they are like asking almost 10K over the sticker price in the places that have a Grabber blue one.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

on a scale of 1-10 it's an 11. I love it so much! Sure there are trolls on youtube who talk trash about the V6, who probably don't even drive a Mustang let alone a V8, but I get compliments everywhere I go. Even when people look at the engine or ride they are floored when I tell them it's a V6. No regrets what so ever, gets better gas mileage than any of my other cars I've owned.
rotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotors View Post
on a scale of 1-10 it's an 11. I love it so much! Sure there are trolls on youtube who talk trash about the V6, who probably don't even drive a Mustang let alone a V8, but I get compliments everywhere I go. Even when people look at the engine or ride they are floored when I tell them it's a V6. No regrets what so ever, gets better gas mileage than any of my other cars I've owned.
+11111
Old 02-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I own a 2012 v6 auto, and IMHO the v6 offers way more bang for your buck. Its the same base car minus the engine and a few suspension upgrades for $7-9 cheaper. Still plenty horsepower(305hp), great mpg even for a v6, and im 23 so insurance breaks are great. Plus there just something special about owning a v6 capable of making a lot of v8s look slow. If you have money to blow and need a v8 go ahead but I think the v6 is the best option. 10!
BigClaunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I love mine. I have had no regrets on this car. V8 power, v6 insurance and mileage and a very unique and sporty exhaust not easily a 10
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
I have owned 3 V6 Mustangs, they are fine for daily driving and enjoying without the hassle of a higher payment, worse gas mileage (but not by a ton), and overall cheaper to own/operate.

If you are into modifying and enjoy doing things to the car etc etc then the GT may work better for you, but I would only get the new 5.0 (not the 4.6L 3v)
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Well, depends on what modifcations... the '13-14 V6s look identical to the V8 except for the grill. If you're more into show than go, the V6 is perfect. You can use all the exterior mods without having to swap bumpers or any major body panels.

The V6 also has a decent aftermarket for the engine. I'm really quite pleased with the goodies they do have. In the Grand Prix world, you basically had 2 big names, both copied each others products and had similar results and both had fanboys. Here, there are lots of options.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Well, depends on what modifcations... the '13-14 V6s look identical to the V8 except for the grill. If you're more into show than go, the V6 is perfect. You can use all the exterior mods without having to swap bumpers or any major body panels.

The V6 also has a decent aftermarket for the engine. I'm really quite pleased with the goodies they do have. In the Grand Prix world, you basically had 2 big names, both copied each others products and had similar results and both had fanboys. Here, there are lots of options.
Man you love that Grand Prix dont you lol jk
BigClaunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Considering it's the first car I bought, then did a full out drivetrain swap with lots of go-fast parts... yeah. Learned a lot about working on cars from it, even if I don't drive it much anymore (only has 110k miles, bought it back in Feb '05 with 88k miles.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Absolutely love my 2011 V6. I purchased it back in October 2010 and was looking for the power of the 2010 Gt but a price tag of a V6. The 11 plus V6 provides you with very similar power and performance of 10 and previous Gt's but saving around 7500 dollars. The interior of the v6 is identical to a 5.0. Nothing is different not even the instrument panels. If the 305 HP that rockets the car 0-60 in under 5.5 seconds is not fast enough, then that's easy to fix. Spend around 3k on bolt on mods, gears and your V6 will be running numbers that a stock 5.0 are putting up. Ford did an amazing job on the V6 model. My only grip with both the 5.0 and V6 model is the fact Ford is still using a steel two piece driveshaft. Even back in the 90's GM was using one piece driveshafts and same till this day. My buddies 94 Trans Am stock has a one piece driveshaft and he can't believe Ford is still using two piece.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I got a 2010 GT instead of a 2013 V6 similarly priced. I love the V8 sound and torque but to be honest, it wasn't the best economical choice especially gas wise. If I could do it again I would probably go with the new V6. I don't race it much any more and with my mods and daily driving, I'm putting gas in it way too often.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Absolutely love my 2011 V6. I purchased it back in October 2010 and was looking for the power of the 2010 Gt but a price tag of a V6. The 11 plus V6 provides you with very similar power and performance of 10 and previous Gt's but saving around 7500 dollars. The interior of the v6 is identical to a 5.0. Nothing is different not even the instrument panels. If the 305 HP that rockets the car 0-60 in under 5.5 seconds is not fast enough, then that's easy to fix. Spend around 3k on bolt on mods, gears and your V6 will be running numbers that a stock 5.0 are putting up. Ford did an amazing job on the V6 model. My only grip with both the 5.0 and V6 model is the fact Ford is still using a steel two piece driveshaft. Even back in the 90's GM was using one piece driveshafts and same till this day. My buddies 94 Trans Am stock has a one piece driveshaft and he can't believe Ford is still using two piece.
I think the 5.0 has a one piece drive shaft only the 3.7L has the two piece hence the 113 mph speed limiter... The GT is limited much higher. The two piece drive shafts are known to break just over 130mph and the GT will do much more than that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I've been working on a 5.0 for the past month and it has a two piece still it is an 11 so unless they changed it its a two. The only ones I've seen that have a 1 piece in the new gt500
Old 02-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
I've been working on a 5.0 for the past month and it has a two piece still it is an 11 so unless they changed it its a two. The only ones I've seen that have a 1 piece in the new gt500
Then the GT has a stronger two piece. I have never heard of the GT drive shaft breaking at high speeds.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post
I think the 5.0 has a one piece drive shaft only the 3.7L has the two piece hence the 113 mph speed limiter... The GT is limited much higher. The two piece drive shafts are known to break just over 130mph and the GT will do much more than that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?
GTshave broken drive shafts as well. It has a different unit with a CV like joint in the middle and is shorter so it wont fit on a V6. Also has a U safety loop.

Here is a site that shows how to replace with a Aluminium drive shaft and you can see a pic of the stock two-piece.
2011 MUSTANG GT ONE-PIECE ALUMINUM DRIVESHAFT INSTALLATION - LatemodelRestoration.com Blog

Also GT aluminum drive shafts have busted at 70mph
Aluminum Driveshaft Failure at 70 mph... - Page 2 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

For some reason the V6 drive-shaft gets more obsessing than others for some reason.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I would give everything on my 2012 v6 tens. Apart from the interior.
I had to mod it to get rid of the door pins etc... Yet there is nothing to get rid of the shoddy plastic light buttons.
Post mod 9.75 Pre mod 8
Yankytyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Bump!
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:01 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I thought I was seeing double.

Love for your 11-13 V6!

But they are slightly worded differently.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:24 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

Then the GT has a stronger two piece. I have never heard of the GT drive shaft breaking at high speeds.
Ive taken my 5.0 to 165 and nothing broke lol ive done it quite a few times....on a closed course....just so u guys know.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:26 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Performance wise? 10.
I got a manual base v6, didn't need all the bells and whistles or "pony packages" and took mine from the ground up after purchase. With just a few simple bolt ons and a tune i've taken a couple 04' GTs, a co-worker's 06' GT, Acura TI's, and one particularly ambitious Tiburon (not much bragging to be had there, i know lol) along with a few sprinkles of Civics, Accords, and Eclipse's all of which were decently modded. Our 6er's are no joke and people seem to respect it

Interior wise? 8.
like i said i didn't get any extra packages, so my interior is bone stock but honestly that hybrid mesh material on my seats isn't bad at all. Everyone who's been in my car compliments the seats even though they aren't leather. It's comfy and cleans pretty easily. I had my 1 year old in the back and she likes to throw her bottles when she's done with them so they leak on the seats once in a while. A quick soak-up with a paper towel and voila! All dry! Some of the plastic throughout the cabin though does feel a bit....cheap but I honestly don't care.

Daily Driver wise? 10.
I didn't get this for the gas mileage. I got this car because the moment i hit the gas and shifted into 2nd gear I wasn't leaving that dealership unil that car was leaving with me. But because of me having to drive about an hour away 4 days a week to see my kid, i definitely apreciate the good rated mpg the 6er gets. As it stands right now with my daily driving and all my little bolt on mods, i average about 20.6mpgs on a 93 performance tune. I keep my rpms about 2200 and my mpg's only go up (until i'm at a red light with all the ambitious Honda's in my area *cue evil laugh*) It's got the right amount of "punch in the face" for daily driving and doesn't hurt the wallet too bad on fill-ups.

Everything in general? 10.
There's alot to offer with the 6er. After my aesthetic upgrades I practically break people's necks when i drive by them. It doesn't take much to really bring out the beast in this car. And just about everyone I know who knows remotely anything about mustangs has nothing but good things to say about the 6ers. Although a co-worker of mine made the mistake of not believing me when i told him my 6er would do more than just throw down against his 06' GT convertible. He learned that day Overall this car is nothing to laugh at and any performance mod done to this thing only makes it more of a force to be reckoned with, even the v8 big brothers have to nod their heads in approval.

What should your V6 use or what are they lacking?
The stock shifter could've been refined a bit better but I honesly can't complain, mine has been more than adequate for my driving but can only benefit from an upgrade. Aftermarket options are a bit more limited compared to the v8's, who get almost all the attention. It'd be nice for more Turbo and SC kits to become available, along with more body mod options. Now if only someone can figure out the mystery of a Twin Turbo setup without blowing the engine....that'd be greeeeeat....yyyeah.
'12 v6, Black, Manual, JLT CAI, Flow master Original 40 series axle back, BAMA tune 93performance, Trufiber 3" cowl hood, GT Bumper w/ billet grille, Boss 302 Lower Facia and Boss chin splitter, Raxiom Smoked Headlights and Tail lights, Solarwing II, and a Car Seat for the shorty!
Feedback is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang