Mustang Evolution Forum banner

LCA Questions

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  willb2305 
#1 ·
Im in need of some suspension mods to help get more useable power from my car. I spin my wheels pretty bad through first and some through second gear. I was wondering if new Lower Control Arms would help with this.

#5 ·
Im not lowered. I herd that lowering can hurt your 1/4 mile times because of weight transfer or something...... just something I herd. I would like to lower my ride but im not going to if it hurts my 1/4 mile.... also have the speed bump from hell by my house that I think will rub if I lower.

But good to know, LCA and UCA will be my next suspension mod...... can anyone recommend a brand?

#10 ·
lowering your car with the right springs as in not being soft springs will improve your 1/4 mile time. lowering your car improves the weight transfer with less body roll etc. also i saw a video with a 12 gt on eibach spring/stuts and sway bars improve 0-60 by .12 What i mean by the right springs(aka spring rates) is for example bc coilovers are good for the street but when it comes to racing or taking corners they are not stiff enough. Eibach springs are very good for lowering springs and good for track also. If you want just purely springs for 1/4 mile times then some good options are KWV 3's but they are expensive around $2500 and are soft enough for the street actually. QA1's are good too but I have only seen them for the fronts only on a 2011+. Tein makes really good coilovers but are a little too stiff for the street. Budget wise you could get Koni shocks and pair with Eibach springs and be just as good as the full coilover systems. Tire wise either Nitto NT555 or NT05 I prefer NT05 they seem sticker in corners and straights to me compared to nt555.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.