LCA Questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
LCA Questions

Im in need of some suspension mods to help get more useable power from my car. I spin my wheels pretty bad through first and some through second gear. I was wondering if new Lower Control Arms would help with this.
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
They will help a lot, if you get the lower and upper control arm you should be set. And you can get both of those for about 200 bucks new.
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
Im in need of some suspension mods to help get more useable power from my car. I spin my wheels pretty bad through first and some through second gear. I was wondering if new Lower Control Arms would help with this.
If your car is lowered you need to get relocation bracket for lca i finally order mine i have same problem you do
koni STR.T RTR wheels NT555/ Shelby Baer 6P
DSS Aluminum 3.5/3.73 gears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cm4Di-zmZA
Schram1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Mines lowered and I don't have a problem
Old 02-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Im not lowered. I herd that lowering can hurt your 1/4 mile times because of weight transfer or something...... just something I herd. I would like to lower my ride but im not going to if it hurts my 1/4 mile.... also have the speed bump from hell by my house that I think will rub if I lower.

But good to know, LCA and UCA will be my next suspension mod...... can anyone recommend a brand?
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Mines lowered and I don't have a problem
I'm lowered and I thought I was fine... I just installed my new lca's and relocation bracket, and wow!! What a difference!! One of the best upgrades I've done to date!! Car feels much more solid and planted, went with BMR, I would definitely recommend this
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

I'm lowered and I thought I was fine... I just installed my new lca's and relocation bracket, and wow!! What a difference!! One of the best upgrades I've done to date!! Car feels much more solid and planted, went with BMR, I would definitely recommend this
I was saying 1/4 wise mine got a little better. I want to get them but I'm saving up for a turbo lol unless I find used ones!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post

I was saying 1/4 wise mine got a little better. I want to get them but I'm saving up for a turbo lol unless I find used ones!
Small investment for a substantial difference, made a huge difference for me... U can have all the power u want under the hood, most important thing before that is getting the power to the ground IMHO
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

Small investment for a substantial difference, made a huge difference for me... U can have all the power u want under the hood, most important thing before that is getting the power to the ground IMHO
I completely agree that's why I hot 285s and I'll probably get them soon I just spent a lot of money on wheels and tires and suspension. Thanks for the info though I'll probably pick some up
Old 02-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
lowering your car with the right springs as in not being soft springs will improve your 1/4 mile time. lowering your car improves the weight transfer with less body roll etc. also i saw a video with a 12 gt on eibach spring/stuts and sway bars improve 0-60 by .12 What i mean by the right springs(aka spring rates) is for example bc coilovers are good for the street but when it comes to racing or taking corners they are not stiff enough. Eibach springs are very good for lowering springs and good for track also. If you want just purely springs for 1/4 mile times then some good options are KWV 3's but they are expensive around $2500 and are soft enough for the street actually. QA1's are good too but I have only seen them for the fronts only on a 2011+. Tein makes really good coilovers but are a little too stiff for the street. Budget wise you could get Koni shocks and pair with Eibach springs and be just as good as the full coilover systems. Tire wise either Nitto NT555 or NT05 I prefer NT05 they seem sticker in corners and straights to me compared to nt555.
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
willb2305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang