I want to make my v6 Sound like a loud 5.0 - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I wonder how I could make a pro-charger sound like a roots blower

As a part time electronics builder, I wonder if there is a market, besides the new hybrid government requirements, to make electronic car sounds they way a customer wants? I got prototype ideas if a company wants to contact me.

I know the R/C crowd when it moved to electrics, a mail order company started making electronic throttle sounds for the cars, trucks, airplanes, and even trains.

BTW, government is going to make hybrid cars make noise, so they don't keep hitting folks not paying attention to where they are going on the street. Big problem it seems with some folks in the ear-buds crowd getting hit with silent cars
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Upshot to that is if you get hit by some of these electric cars out now it'll just bounce off you.
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post
Upshot to that is if you get hit by some of these electric cars out now it'll just bounce off you.
Lmfao!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Lmfao!
Walking down the street, jamming out, feel a bug bite on the hip, look to the left and the remains of a prius are laying just past the crosswalk. I can see it now lol
Old 02-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Walking down the street, jamming out, feel a bug bite on the hip, look to the left and the remains of a prius are laying just past the crosswalk. I can see it now lol
Omg hahahaha that was a good one
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Omg hahahaha that was a good one

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

In all seriousness, I do agree with the IDEA of electric cars, the earth can only take so much crap.. but if I were to have an electric car it would have to look good, and in the event of a soundtrack in place of engine noise I want it to be the motorcycle "blub blub blub" noises they did on the one episode of south park.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

In all seriousness, I do agree with the IDEA of electric cars, the earth can only take so much crap.. but if I were to have an electric car it would have to look good, and in the event of a soundtrack in place of engine noise I want it to be the motorcycle "blub blub blub" noises they did on the one episode of south park.
Any ideas on how to dispose of the batteries?
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Take em to auto zone
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Take em to auto zone
No what I mean is the electric car batteries are huge. Once they can no longer be recycled then what?
And when the car has depriciated below the value of the car who's going to buy it?
Old 02-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

No what I mean is the electric car batteries are huge. Once they can no longer be recycled then what?
And when the car has depriciated below the value of the car who's going to buy it?
That's when you suck it up and scrap it.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Local scrapyards are paying like 40 cents a pound for batteries..
Old 02-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sometimes its better than nothing.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

That's actually really good, usually its around 16-18 cents/lb.

I'm not intending to buy an electric car any time in the near future. That whole drive 100 miles, charge until september thing isn't really my thing.. I put about 3-400 miles on my car weekly.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

I say we take a time out on electric cars and explore ion engines a little more.. saw something on discovery channel about ion engines and I almost cried from joy, I'm 20 and we already have star wars technology in my life time.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Uh, I think that is Lead Acid ones, not the TOXIC Lithium Batteries Hybrids and PLUG INs are causing pollution in China for the making of them. China has no EPA....YET

Scrap yards would be violating tons of policy regulations if they processed Li like they do Pb
Old 02-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's actually really good, usually its around 16-18 cents/lb.

I'm not intending to buy an electric car any time in the near future. That whole drive 100 miles, charge until september thing isn't really my thing.. I put about 3-400 miles on my car weekly.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

I say we take a time out on electric cars and explore ion engines a little more.. saw something on discovery channel about ion engines and I almost cried from joy, I'm 20 and we already have star wars technology in my life time.
No light sabers though, they can't make the beam stop :/ but you can build a trek blaster in your basement. Stupid logic
Old 02-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
No light sabers though, they can't make the beam stop :/ but you can build a trek blaster in your basement. Stupid logic
Don't discount Light Sabers even if you can't stop the beam. I have used one of these in a trade show demo and they are nice blue sabers: Survival Laser International Home
Old 02-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

I wasn't too sure of the different types of batteries honestly lol
All I can say to the batteries for the cars, that a big reason for making them is pollution and reducing our carbon footprint, are CAUSING pollution is...ironnyyy

I wanna say something about a trek blaster being as simple as star treks plot but I don't want to bring the wars/trek arguement to M.E.. lol

And there's some hope for lightsabers. Once they get them relatively reliable ill buy one...may lose a hand trying to cut an exhaust with one or something but if we have ion engines and lightsabers, surely by that time they could replace my hand skywalker style.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
All I can say to the batteries for the cars, that a big reason for making them is pollution and reducing our carbon footprint, are CAUSING pollution is...ironnyyy

I wanna say something about a trek blaster being as simple as star treks plot but I don't want to bring the wars/trek arguement to M.E.. lol

And there's some hope for lightsabers. Once they get them relatively reliable ill buy one...may lose a hand trying to cut an exhaust with one or something but if we have ion engines and lightsabers, surely by that time they could replace my hand skywalker style.
As for now, we have the Captain Hook method. Ion engine makes me think of an ion battery. And those are the best batteries on the consumer market, no?
Old 02-16-2013, 12:56 AM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

I'm reallyy not familiar with battery styles lol (now I have readings to do O.o)
But from what I can remember of the segment (was pretty tired) ion engines do use an actual fuel, but they burn so slow and so clean, and they're powerful. Cummins turbo ion? Lol
Old 02-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It is more than Ironnnyy, it borders on fraud. The chemical pollution caused on the other side of the world making the batteries is also added to the carbon footprint in the USA for charging them. See without clean modern safe Nuclear power like France and the US Navy have mastered; power plants burn Gas and Coal to charge your electric car. They just moved the exhaust from the tailpipe to the smoke stack.

Until the US starts building modern safe nuclear plants, we do not have the power or grid capacity to charge up everyone's electric cars if everyone owned one.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

I like the idea of wind or water driven turbines. That's a good source of clean renewable energy as well.
I just feel with any kind of nuclear power there will always be a drawback.. a county school by where I live was condemned and abandoned for decades after nearly all the kids from the 70's started dying in older years from luekemia, come to find out the school was built on a world war dump site with highly toxic levels of radiation and fallout in the soil..

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

And a complete neighborhood downtown was fenced off about 8 years ago because of similar problems. Again, toxic levels of radiation.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

And, I completely agree with the grid capacity not able to keep up with it, we barely have the capacity to keep power in all the houses consistently.
May be unrelated, but I just moved, 2 blocks down from my old house. Different grid, was paying close to 300 a month for electric there, like 85 bucks here.. with more people in the house.
Sorry for the sub-notes.. just woke up and I'm seeing replys in segments lol
Old 02-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like the idea of wind or water driven turbines. That's a good source of clean renewable energy as well.
A friend of mine is a Trail Boss for Turbine Cowboys. Wind turbines and solar panel farms of today's tech will never be enough to power electric cars for everyone. Research new clean nuclear. The US Navy is Nuke powered and shows the world how its done. France has the newest land Reactors.

Water turbines like in Niagara are great, but only a few places have that amount of natural energy to be taped without destroying entire states of land like the Chinese did. They built a dam, and went Hut-to-Hut and forced the peasants out of their land and didn't give them anything in return. Then they flooded the entire plain for the Dam's lake. I'll take "Our Friend The Atom" any day over that kind of destruction.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Id like to read about it.

A lot of what we rely on right now is going to have to catch up to the technology of tomorrow just to safely keep up.

Were in an extremely technological age. Look at the progress we've made in 100 years.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Safe Nuclear Energy? Hmmm
Old 02-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Biostang, nuff said
Old 02-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Biostang, nuff said
it can run on your ex-gfs dead body
or plants or something like that....
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:39 AM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

doc brown needs to hook us up
Old 02-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Has anyone tried putting in a dual in dual out Borla muffler after the x pipe and then run 3" pipe all the way out the back? Or has anyone tried removing just the resonators? I have to keep my cats.
JNigus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang