I want to make my v6 Sound like a loud 5.0 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I want to make my v6 Sound like a loud 5.0

I got a 2013 Mustang V6 and my brother got's a 2013 5.0 and I want to make my car sound really mean and loud what you guys suggest
CodyMustang3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
check into corsa...i've never heard a more BA exhaust lol

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I suggest you take it back to the dealership and trade it in on a GT

Cherry_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If your serious go O/R xpipe problem solved
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyMustang3.7 View Post
I got a 2013 Mustang V6 and my brother got's a 2013 5.0 and I want to make my car sound really mean and loud what you guys suggest
Xpipe and Borla Stingers. Your brother will be jealous
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Stang View Post
Bro, forget about making it sound like a V8. Your V6 is not a V8. That's like making a dog sound like a cat. If you want it to sound like a V8, pull the engine and install a 5.0 in there. Then it will sound like a V8. You got a awesome V6 with true dual exhaust. With an aftermarket exhaust it will have a awesome growl. Remember, No V8!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Bro, forget about making it sound like a V8. Your V6 is not a V8. That's like making a dog sound like a cat. If you want it to sound like a V8, pull the engine and install a 5.0 in there. Then it will sound like a V8. You got a awesome V6 with true dual exhaust. With an aftermarket exhaust it will have a awesome growl. Remember, No V8!
My friends v6 eats V8's for breakfast all motor wait till the pro charger he ordered is installed next month now thats a mean V6. Hes gna custom order forged internals to up the boost too

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Dont underestimate a V6. Always remember a Supra is a V6 lol
Old 02-13-2013, 12:26 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

My friends v6 eats V8's for breakfast all motor wait till the pro charger he ordered is installed next month now thats a mean V6. Hes gna custom order forged internals to up the boost too

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

So is a GT-R lol, do you know where he is getting the internals from?
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:44 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post

So is a GT-R lol, do you know where he is getting the internals from?
Not exactly sure!! But its the same place hes gna have cams custom made for his 3.7L as you can tell, he did not buy this car cuz he needed to save money..he bought it so he could build it and show what little V6's can do! Money is not an issue. Hes a doctor and owns a giant ford raptor as a DD and his wife drives a ****en porche lol

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote:

Not exactly sure!! But its the same place hes gna have cams custom made for his 3.7L as you can tell, he did not buy this car cuz he needed to save money..he bought it so he could build it and show what little V6's can do! Money is not an issue. Hes a doctor and owns a giant ford raptor as a DD and his wife drives a ****en porche lol
Ill ask him who he's ordering the internals and cams from tho!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:53 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Alright cool thanks! I'm trying to do the same thing as him just on a smaller budget lol. I'm getting a turbo done soon hopefully and I want to make it rip and for that I need internals but no one has them yet. But when you find out something let me know and thanks!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:58 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Xpipe and Borla Stingers. Your brother will be jealous
ROFLMAO
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:13 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Alright cool thanks! I'm trying to do the same thing as him just on a smaller budget lol. I'm getting a turbo done soon hopefully and I want to make it rip and for that I need internals but no one has them yet. But when you find out something let me know and thanks!
I plan on doing the hellion turbo kit later but wanna get internals first so i can go straight to 500HP and not 400 lol haha and yea ill let u know bro
Old 02-13-2013, 04:49 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I totally agree. The V6 is a small beast with amazing power. Let's just try and sound like a aggressive V6 and forget those V8's. Our V6 are definitely bad a$$. You strap a pro charger supercharger on there along with some other bolt on mods and your talking 2010 Gt500 power now. For under 35k. Crazy awesome.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:56 AM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:

I don't get it. If you go to that extent, why not just buy a V8, and then put the money into it like your friend is doing now?

Don't get me wrong; these 3.7 V6's are great engines, but they are limited. Changing internals is a huge change to get more boost. Ultimately, there's no replacement for displacement.

I'd just slap my head and say "I coulda had a V8".
Old 02-13-2013, 07:16 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I'm pretty sure MMD makes internals for our cars. I found the info on it one time and bookmark'd it. I'll post a link when I get to my computer
Old 02-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I wouldn't suggest getting the hellion turbo kit the turbo is nice but there isn't an intercooler and its way over priced. Good luck with everything though. And I got a v6 to have a fun daily driver now I just want to make it stupid fast. Anyone can make a v8 fast but a v6 a little more technical. Its all for the fun of building cars and making something different not what everyone else did!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Lets not make this a v6 vs v8 debate...

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

When it comes to sound, The V6 has a very respectable tone and nice growl with the right after market exhaust. You're not going to make your v6 sound like a v8 because it's not a v8. Just make it the best sounding 6 banger.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Who cares about the sound just make yours faster than his. I could care less about how loud a car is. All bark no bite like
BigClaunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't want a debate either sorry for intruding in on the discussion! I'll try to keep in on exhaust now lol
Old 02-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Correction, MMR

Modular Motorsports Racing
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Alright cool thanks!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I don't get it. If you go to that extent, why not just buy a V8, and then put the money into it like your friend is doing now?

Don't get me wrong; these 3.7 V6's are great engines, but they are limited. Changing internals is a huge change to get more boost. Ultimately, there's no replacement for displacement.

I'd just slap my head and say "I coulda had a V8".
He bought a V6 specifically so he can prove ppl wrong that say V8's are better. Sure anyone could simply buy a V8 like his raptor but its not as fun when u win a race as it is when u tell them you beat them with a V6 lol he seriously does not care for money he just wants to build this car to its fullest potential. He's a really cool guy and not a dick about having money up the *** hahaha

And anyone that says u could've used the same money to get a V8 would eventually say the same thing if u got a 5.0. They would say oh you should've just gotten a shelby, then a super snake. It never ends...
Old 02-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

He bought a V6 specifically so he can prove ppl wrong that say V8's are better. Sure anyone could simply buy a V8 like his raptor but its not as fun when u win a race as it is when u tell them you beat them with a V6 lol he seriously does not care for money he just wants to build this car to its fullest potential. He's a really cool guy and not a dick about having money up the *** hahaha

And anyone that says u could've used the same money to get a V8 would eventually say the same thing if u got a 5.0. They would say oh you should've just gotten a shelby, then a super snake. It never ends...
+1
Old 02-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #25
Road Trip!

Region: New York
I dislike when some one says you should have bought a GT. Anyone can take the same trim level V6 to V8 and make it faster by installing a procharger for $6200 installed. That is still about $1500 savings over a GT and you would have 55 more HP. Take the extra $1500 and get what you need to put the power down properly and you have a V6 that is faster that a V8 for the same money. Faster than a Boss 302 as well. When it come to performance the sound of a V8 does not mean s**t! Sure it's the best sound out of an engine but it cost a lot more to make it go fast and always will.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nope, not underestimating it at all. I love my V6, but when I bought it I lived a lot further from where I worked than I do now, and gas was a big consideration.

I really regret not having bit the bullet and buying the V8 because I love that deep throaty growl. While I can get my car loud, there isn't anything I can do to get that super deep rumble out of my 6'er. There just isn't.

My suggestion was serious - instead of spending a ton of money on mod's trying to get a sound that you can't achieve, trade up

ETA: My comments are based purely on the OP's request on how to make his V6 sound like a V8 - not on speed or performance.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:

Nope, not underestimating it at all. I love my V6, but when I bought it I lived a lot further from where I worked than I do now, and gas was a big consideration.

I really regret not having bit the bullet and buying the V8 because I love that deep throaty growl. While I can get my car loud, there isn't anything I can do to get that super deep rumble out of my 6'er. There just isn't.

My suggestion was serious - instead of spending a ton of money on mod's trying to get a sound that you can't achieve, trade up

ETA: My comments are based purely on the OP's request on how to make his V6 sound like a V8 - not on speed or performance.
Right to get the V8 sound you need a V8. But is it worth the extra $10,000? I did a little research a premium V6 price is $26,200. GT premium $36,345. I was on AM and with the extra $10,145 and to keep my V6 legal and emission legal I could buy this and have extra money to have what I could not install, installed...

$5180 procharger
$690 driveshaft
$1695 AMR staggered wheels with TPMS
$280BBK shorty headers
$500BBK high flow cats
$280 Pypes axle back
$170 SR lowering Springs
$100 J&M lower control arm
$140 J&M upper arm
$100 tower brace

Having the procharger set on 8psi should have well over 500hp. For the money to go fast buy the V6. But if you want the sound dump the extra $10k for the GT.

Personally i love the V8 sound but with the V6's power and potential the GT is not worth $10,000 extra IMO!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I agree on the the advice given to the OP about how to make a V6 sound like a V8. If you want your pony to rumble and sound like a V8, the BUY A V8. If you want an amazing looking, sexy, nice sounding pony that's rolling quarter miles stock in 13.7 and costs under 23K buy a V6. If you want a car that is nearly as fast as the 5.0 dump around 3k for bolt on mods and you got your 5.0 with no V8 sound.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post
Right to get the V8 sound you need a V8. But is it worth the extra $10,000? I did a little research a premium V6 price is $26,200. GT premium $36,345. I was on AM and with the extra $10,145 and to keep my V6 legal and emission legal I could buy this and have extra money to have what I could not install, installed...

$5180 procharger
$690 driveshaft
$1695 AMR staggered wheels with TPMS
$280BBK shorty headers
$500BBK high flow cats
$280 Pypes axle back
$170 SR lowering Springs
$100 J&M lower control arm
$140 J&M upper arm
$100 tower brace

Having the procharger set on 8psi should have well over 500hp. For the money to go fast buy the V6. But if you want the sound dump the extra $10k for the GT.

Personally i love the V8 sound but with the V6's power and potential the GT is not worth $10,000 extra IMO!
Where's your labor cost to install all of that? And how about voiding your warranty? Not a big deal to some, but it's definitely a factor for me.

Personally, my speed demon days are over. I've invested more in speeding tickets and high insurance rates to have more than covered the cost of the difference in price between a V6 & a V8. The adult in me said the V6 would be more economical in the long run, but man I love the sound of a V8. If I could replicate it in my V6 I would in a heartbeat, HP be damned.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Where's your labor cost to install all of that? And how about voiding your warranty? Not a big deal to some, but it's definitely a factor for me.

Personally, my speed demon days are over. I've invested more in speeding tickets and high insurance rates to have more than covered the cost of the difference in price between a V6 & a V8. The adult in me said the V6 would be more economical in the long run, but man I love the sound of a V8. If I could replicate it in my V6 I would in a heartbeat, HP be damned.
My friend has all of that except its long tube headers and shorty off road xpipe. Me and him installed everything our selves. When he gets his procharger were installing that too! Then gna take it to phoenix to be dyno tuned on 91, 95, 100, and 110 octane gas.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote:

My friend has all of that except its long tube headers and shorty off road xpipe. Me and him installed everything our selves. When he gets his procharger were installing that too! Then gna take it to phoenix to be dyno tuned on 91, 95, 100, and 110 octane gas.
We use Torco to up our local 91 octane pump gas
Old 02-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
http://www.americanmuscle.com/coyote-crate-engine.html

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Seriously tho. Offroad H and some electric cutouts dumped at the mid pipe. Sounds MEAN.

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #32
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
http://www.americanmuscle.com/coyote-crate-engine.html

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Seriously tho. Offroad H and some electric cutouts dumped at the mid pipe. Sounds MEAN.
Theres an idea buy the coyote over a procharger drop in the crate motor. Then sell the 3.7L for power upgrades. You would still have less in the car than buying a new GT.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #33
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:

At what price is it feasible to "prove someone wrong"?

No worries, if you have money to burn, then go for it. It's a great hobby working on vehicles, and it keeps us all out of trouble. A great way to spend time, make friends, and have a great time doing it.

And if I had the money at the time I bought my current Mustang, it no doubt would have been the Boss. I will have one someday...hopefully when the 2015 frenzy happens, and folks trade in their Boss to get a new model.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #34
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Yall should just whip out your units and measure them to see who has the biggest one because that all you are doing with a v6/v8 debate. Who cares.....any car can be made to go fast. Eventually every v6 owner upgrades to a v8 over time via car or motor swap.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:24 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Yall should just whip out your units and measure them to see who has the biggest one because that all you are doing with a v6/v8 debate. Who cares.....any car can be made to go fast. Eventually every v6 owner upgrades to a v8 over time via car or motor swap.
it's like having a bunch of 12 year olds argue about the size of their whips
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang