driveshaft 2013 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Depends when it was made
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 04:32 AM   #37
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by White13V6 View Post
What is considered late 2013? I bought my 2013 v6 about 2 months ago I'm guessing that is late 2013
Crawl under your Mustang and see if you have the one piece driveshaft.

Or, take your VIN number to your local Ford service department and have them look up the build date.

Then Google 2013 Mustang Specifications. You'll eventually find a link to early/late production counts, etc.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
If u look inside your door it will tell the build date on the sticker in the jam.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by White13V6 View Post
What is considered late 2013? I bought my 2013 v6 about 2 months ago I'm guessing that is late 2013
I find it hard to believe that they changed a major part like that for the same year. Next time I'm at my dealer I'll ask. If they gave someone a better and more reliable driveshaft just because they bought the same car later in the year, well than they are going to give me one as well. I'll report back.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

I find it hard to believe that they changed a major part like that for the same year. Next time I'm at my dealer I'll ask. If they gave someone a better and more reliable driveshaft just because they bought the same car later in the year, well than they are going to give me one as well. I'll report back.
+1, there will be some discussion with my dealer as well!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

If anyone has one take a pic.. my thoughts are it is just another revised 2 pc.. if they did change it to a 1 pc then i think we may see a bunch of recalls. It is very pissible the op spoke with someone at Ford that is just misinformed. The GT and Boss would most likely be the first cars to see such a change I would think.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

I think its just another two piece the gt even has a two piece still
Old 05-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Just get the one piece aluminum driveshaft from American Muscle, The axel shop and be done with it.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Exactly I did the driveshaft shop and in love it
Old 05-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Exactly I did the driveshaft shop and in love it
The quality over stock is going to be 1000 times better. I always say, never replace with stock lol. Once I break it, I go aftermarket.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post

The quality over stock is going to be 1000 times better. I always say, never replace with stock lol. Once I break it, I go aftermarket.
I don't think somebody wants to break the drive shaft and then replace it. Its going to be a lot safer and cost effective to just buy a aftermarket one piece aluminum driveshaft and be done with it. Lol. I purchased mine from American Muscle and I'm real happy that I did
Old 05-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going to get one from AM as soon as I raise the funds to do so. I will also will have to pay someone to install it, since I don't have a jack.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

I'd rather do the driveshaft before it breaks!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Amen
Old 05-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's not going to break. The only reason I'm getting the shaft is for better low speed torque and better acceleration. If you don't mess with the limiter, then you never have to worry about it breaking.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

It's not going to break. The only reason I'm getting the shaft is for better low speed torque and better acceleration. If you don't mess with the limiter, then you never have to worry about it breaking.
+1, I will do mine after my 3.73 install next summer. Until then no worries!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Forget (F) that limiter. Its a freaking 305 HP mini beast mustang. Unleash the power and f that limiter. Get the driveshaft. Lmao. I can now respectfully play and hang with the big boys, V8 on high speeds and acceleration with all my mods.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Enough said. Get the driveshaft. Lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130514_182437.png
Views:	88
Size:	479.4 KB
ID:	108126
Old 05-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Forget (F) that limiter. Its a freaking 305 HP mini beast mustang. Unleash the power and f that limiter. Get the driveshaft. Lmao. I can now respectfully play and hang with the big boys, V8 on high speeds and acceleration with all my mods.
Even without the limiter, the odds of it breaking are next to none. You don't need to add mods and adjust the performance to hang with "the big boys", don't talk down about the v6. It's fu*king 305hp. That's the same as the 2008 GT. Mod and improve your v6 because YOU want to, not because you want to hang with the GT's. The auto v6 is less than a second behind the manual GT in the quarter mile, and it's 10k less. The Nissan GT-R is a v6, and that thing will rape any super car in the world right now (with the exception of the veyron) so when people say they need to mod there sixers to hang with the big boys, I just laugh.

I plan on getting the drive shaft, and some mods to my sixer, but not because I want to beat a GT, it's because I enjoy playing with mods, and I want to feel more power!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

love the way you think man.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Even without the limiter, the odds of it breaking are next to none. You don't need to add mods and adjust the performance to hang with "the big boys", don't talk down about the v6. It's 305hp. That's the same as the 2008 GT. Mod and improve your v6 because YOU want to, not because you want to hang with the GT's. The auto v6 is less than a second behind the manual GT in the quarter mile, and it's 10k less. The Nissan GT-R is a v6, and that thing will any super car in the world right now (with the exception of the veyron) so when people say they need to mod there sixers to hang with the big boys, I just laugh.
I love my V6 and its mods. Fast a$$ car and love the one piece aluminum driveshaft. Having it really enhanced my driving experience of my vehicle. I have no idea on what you are talking about someone putting down the v6 model. The v6 model is crazy awesome as well. ??????
Old 05-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I love my V6 and its mods. Fast a$$ car and love the one piece aluminum driveshaft. Having it really enhanced my driving experience of my vehicle. I have no idea on what you are talking about someone putting down the v6 model. The v6 model is crazy awesome as well. ??????
Ummm... You said "Now I can respectfully play and hang with the big boys" after you got your driveshaft and some mods. Yeah, that's putting down the v6.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Ok well one the drive shaft doesn't effect low end that much it wasn't even noticeable with me the only reason I got it is because its safe up to 9000 rpm which I will never touch. But your driveshaft can break at any point some guy snapped his in 3rd gear at 70. I just don't want to risk it, but now I rape new v8s by over a second so I'm good lol
Old 05-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok well one the drive shaft doesn't effect low end that much it wasn't even noticeable with me the only reason I got it is because its safe up to 9000 rpm which I will never touch. But your driveshaft can break at any point some guy snapped his in 3rd gear at 70. I just don't want to risk it, but now I rape new v8s by over a second so I'm good lol
I've only heard of one snapping in history, and that guy was doing 135, and Ford said it was a fluke and paid for everything. Anyway, moving on...

You said that you now rape v8's with your six. Do you have any other mods? Or is it just the driveshaft that improves the car that much. Do you mean in the quarter mile or 0-60. How did it affect your 0-60? Did you get it from the drive shaft shop or AM?
Sorry about all the questions, I am considering getting one, and I want to be an informed buyer!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ummm... You said "Now I can respectfully play and hang with the big boys" after you got your driveshaft and some mods. Yeah, that's putting down the v6.
??????? Putting the V6 down. OMG bro. I think you are totally misunderstanding the post. Respectfully, you are way off bro. The V6 is awesome. Removing the limiter, and getting a one piece aluminum driveshaft totally enhances the driving experience and sports car feel to the vehicle. My V6 can now hang with stock 5.0's. The aftermarket driveshaft is a great mod. A must have if you want an all around performance enhancement from low to high end. Screwey????
Old 05-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
??????? Putting the V6 down. OMG bro. I think you are totally misunderstanding the post. Respectfully, you are way off bro. The V6 is awesome. Removing the limiter, and getting a one piece aluminum driveshaft totally enhances the driving experience and sports car feel to the vehicle. My V6 can now hang with stock 5.0's. The aftermarket driveshaft is an great mod. A must have if you want a all around performance enhancement from low to high end. Screwey????
You're missing my point, but it doesn't really matter anymore. I'm to tired to argue.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You're missing my point, but it doesn't really matter anymore. I'm to tired to argue.
Nothing to argue about. However your taking my post the wrong way. I'm in no way downing my 11 V6 and in fact compete opposite. If you took it that way, then you are misunderstanding what I was saying.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I've only heard of one snapping in history, and that guy was doing 135, and Ford said it was a fluke and paid for everything. Anyway, moving on...

You said that you now rape v8's with your six. Do you have any other mods? Or is it just the driveshaft that improves the car that much. Do you mean in the quarter mile or 0-60. How did it affect your 0-60? Did you get it from the drive shaft shop or AM?
Sorry about all the questions, I am considering getting one, and I want to be an informed buyer!
I have everything you can do to the v6 besides forged parts and nos. The driveshaft doesn't affect either one really its literally added strength. Its not that much lighter than stock. I got driveshaft shop just because I've always dealt with them and I got a deal. I would do a driveshaft last unless you are wanting to go over 130 or have some type of forced induction. Because its torque and rotating speed that breaks them so you will be fine until then.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have everything you can do to the v6 besides forged parts and nos. The driveshaft doesn't affect either one really its literally added strength. Its not that much lighter than stock. I got driveshaft shop just because I've always dealt with them and I got a deal. I would do a driveshaft last unless you are wanting to go over 130 or have some type of forced induction. Because its torque and rotating speed that breaks them so you will be fine until then.
Well it will also improve throttle response and low end torque, due to the lighter weight. That's why I'm getting one. I was just curious how much it improved. I don't know the difference between the one you got and the one on AM, but the one on AM is significantly lighter and improves all around response of the car.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

They say its lighter but it was not even two pounds lighter. But do what you want I didn't even notice a difference when I got mine

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Only made it where I could go 155 without being scared
Old 05-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They say its lighter but it was not even two pounds lighter. But do what you want I didn't even notice a difference when I got mine

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Only made it where I could go 155 without being scared
The one on AM is much more than two pounds lighter.
How fast do you think you could get to? My guess is that the v6 will redline around 165
Old 05-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

I got up to 155 and I was at like 4700
Old 05-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got up to 155 and I was at like 4700
Hmm, maybe it can hit 170
Old 05-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

You would need a lot of road because that took me a good while
Old 05-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You would need a lot of road because that took me a good while
Here in Texas, we have the 130 toll road. It's like 90 miles long, strait, flat, and 85mph speed limit. Cops don't patrol it, and everyone speeds on it. The best part is that it's only busy during rush hour. Any other time it's completely empty. It's my personal autobahn.
I plan on pushing my pony to the limit as soon as I get my new shaft and a tune.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang