2012 3.7 Mustang technical specifacations - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
2012 3.7 Mustang technical specifacations

Go to the Bar to see the 2012 3.7 V6 complete specifications It is very interesting to see just what the car , engine & Transmissions really are.

Did you know that the standard transmission comes with the 2.73 ratio and the Automatic comes with the 3.31 ratio rear.

Did you know the automatic has better MPG.

A wealth of information right from "FORD"

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Yep. Found this for the 2011 Mustang as well some time back. I also found the final counts as to how many 2011's were built, with what options/engine/transmission/color, etc.

It's all out there these days on the web. I'd suggest to anyone that plans to keep their Mustang awhile to print all this stuff. I can recall the days long ago when this information was not easily obtainable. The guys that own Mustangs from the 60's and 70's would love to have all this readily available.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

You sure are correct

My Friend Shari has a 1966 vert and we would love to have information like this for her car.

Ronnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I have an auto an it has 2.73 gears? 2012 too. Even the sticker says it. Why doesn't my car line up with anything stupid rental
Old 02-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
I have an auto an it has 2.73 gears? 2012 too. Even the sticker says it. Why doesn't my car line up with anything stupid rental
I thought the autos came with the better 3.31? I can't do the 2.73 anymore in my manual! Lol
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Here are the door jam sticker codes for axle ratio's

2011 & 2012

The axle ratios are:
BB - 3.73 ratio, base vehicle with manual or automatic transmission
CC - 2.73 ratio
DD - 3.55 ratio with manual transmission
GG - 3.31 ratio with automatic transmission
YY - 3.15 ratio

Look on the door jam and there is a sticker then look at axle and match up the code and you will see what ratio you have.

Ronnie
Old 02-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
3:31 gears with an auto is an option. Stock they come with 2:73.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
3:31 gears with an auto is an option. Stock they come with 2:73.
Being a rental too they didn't want people getting killed by that manly acceleration. I've got 2.73
Old 02-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey White

Don't feel bad, Mine is not a rental and I have 2.73 rear. My code is CC and it is hard for me to believe my car is a high ratio rear. It is nice and zippy and responsive. I don't think I would want or need the 3.31 rear. I kind of love the way my car is geared. It shifts perfect and crisp and feels like I think it should. I don't really track my car and just enjoy it on the street driving like an old lady. It do feel good when I do merge onto I-95 and have to goose it a little(LOT) to merge into traffic.

Ronnie
Old 02-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Don't feel bad, Mine is not a rental and I have 2.73 rear. My code is CC and it is hard for me to believe my car is a high ratio rear. It is nice and zippy and responsive. I don't think I would want or need the 3.31 rear. I kind of love the way my car is geared. It shifts perfect and crisp and feels like I think it should. I don't really track my car and just enjoy it on the street driving like an old lady. It do feel good when I do merge onto I-95 and have to goose it a little(LOT) to merge into traffic.

Ronnie
You think it is peppy with the 2.73's you would love the 3.31's
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I know it would probably be more zippy

I promised myself when I got this V6 Automatic Mustang I was done with Hot Lap's, Auto X-ing and Drag racing and was just going to enjoy the car the way it looks. I'm going to stick to my promise and not do a lot of stuff that I know would make this car just plain Aw-sum. Of course I had no choice but to get rid of the stock mufflers, And I am going to install a CAI "Airaid" but I'm not doing anything else.

I'm pretty well satisfied with my 3.7 and get good MPG as well as the way it looks and sounds now.

Darn it siber expres: Why did you have to tell me this????
Quote:
Now I can't get to sleep.
Ronnie
Old 02-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ronnie
Mine shifts hard going to third and 1-2 is weird. It's either the stock tune or the driveshaft play. Bad driving habit but I roll at stop signs unless I need to stop completely.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:44 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
+1
Old 02-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Being a rental too they didn't want people getting killed by that manly acceleration. I've got 2.73
Hey hey don't feel bad
Mine also came with 2.73
Door and sticker on the diff cover say that
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I promised myself when I got this V6 Automatic Mustang I was done with Hot Lap's, Auto X-ing and Drag racing and was just going to enjoy the car the way it looks. I'm going to stick to my promise and not do a lot of stuff that I know would make this car just plain Aw-sum. Of course I had no choice but to get rid of the stock mufflers, And I am going to install a CAI "Airaid" but I'm not doing anything else.

I'm pretty well satisfied with my 3.7 and get good MPG as well as the way it looks and sounds now.

Darn it siber expres: Why did you have to tell me this????

Now I can't get to sleep.
Ronnie
Sorry Ronnie.
I actually thought the 2.73 gears were too slow when I test drove one, my 2010 4.0 with just bolt ons was beating them to 60. My Performance Package is a lot quicker, even with the winter 17's.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:43 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Weird tranny shift

Quote:
Mine shifts hard going to third and 1-2 is weird. It's either the stock tune or the driveshaft play. Bad driving habit but I roll at stop signs unless I need to stop completely.
Mine does this as well, I am going to take it to the dealer and see what they
can do tune-wise to fix the lower weird shifts.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:23 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

+1
Also +1
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl View Post

Mine does this as well, I am going to take it to the dealer and see what they
can do tune-wise to fix the lower weird shifts.
It almost stalls it feels. It'll spool up the rpm and barely goes. I've pulled the driving leaning fuse and it fixes it for about 3 days.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Go to the Bar to see the 2012 3.7 V6 complete specifications It is very interesting to see just what the car , engine & Transmissions really are.

Did you know that the standard transmission comes with the 2.73 ratio and the Automatic comes with the 3.31 ratio rear.

Did you know the automatic has better MPG.

A wealth of information right from "FORD"

Ronnie
I printed this out sometime ago and noticed the error regarding the final gear ratio. My window sticker clearly shows 3:31 as an option with my automatic. So crawled under a friends auto last night and it says 2:73
Old 02-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #20
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Yep, Mine is a 2.73 too.

My code on my door jam is "CC" so I do have 2.73 ratio gears. I don't really care because my car feels nice and crisp and goes like hell. I guess I lucked out and got a good factory tune as well as a good shifting Automatic transmission. The more I drive this car the more I like (LOVE) it.

Ronnie
Old 02-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Come on down to Knoxville, 3.31 with my Manual. Do it in the summer and we can go play on the Dragon
Old 02-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I was in Knoxville on Friday.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Thought I'd add: All V6 models came with 2.73s unless you got Performance Pack or the $300 3.31 axle option. I opted not to take it, I'm regretting that. lol

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I was in Knoxville on Friday.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Thought I'd add: All V6 models came with 2.73s unless you got Performance Pack or the $300 3.31 axle option. I opted not to take it, I'm regretting that. lol
So was I, I actually live north of town, but work south of town, so I am in town twice a day.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I was visiting my father, he lives on the north side.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Come on down on a Weekend and we can go up to the Dragon.
We are having a Meet up at Fontana Dam on May 11th with a bunch of Mustangs Showing up, running the Dragon then going to the Cruise in at Joe Neubert off of Merchants Drive that night
Old 02-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My code on my door jam is "CC" so I do have 2.73 ratio gears. I don't really care because my car feels nice and crisp and goes like hell. I guess I lucked out and got a good factory tune as well as a good shifting Automatic transmission. The more I drive this car the more I like (LOVE) it.

Ronnie
So in these cars, when do you feel the mechanics going bad like hard shifts or when its the tune? Like my transmission used to be so smooth now 1-4 you feel the bump when it shifts
Old 02-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #27
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi White

I really don't know. All I know is my car feels great and I'm more then satisfied with the power and the way it shifts. As you know all I have on my car is a set of Magnaflow street axlebacks and a drop in K&N air filter. I run 87 octane ( I tried 93 and did not notice any difference at all except it cost more)

If these Mustangs are anything like my Mini Cooper was the dealer will always update your computer to the very latest program when you take it in for service.

I do know that when I go in for service from now on I'll request they leave my PCM alone because I'm afraid if they mess with it my car won't run as good as it does now.

Ronnie
Old 02-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I do my own service since we have a lift and rotate our tires. We get our tire place to mount and balance them. I only take to the dealer for massive electrical issues. I guess you can call us very independent.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #29
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I would much rather rotate my tires myself.

I don't have a lift so I gotta jack it up. I like to wash the inside of my wheels while they are off the car plus I only use my good torque wrench and not an air gun on my lug nuts. Having someplace rotate the tires for me would not give me the option to do that.

On the Mini you just put a long 2X4 board along the frame rails and jacked up in the middle of the car to get both wheels on the same side off the ground. I'm wondering if this would work on the Mustang. I only like same side front to back rotation anyway because I don't like putting radial tires on spinning the opposite direction after they have been spinning one way.

Ronnie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang