What i should buy for my stang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
What i should buy for my stang

So I have bough exhausts, and cutouts for my stang, so I satisfied with the sound but I don't know what I should buy next? With tax coming up and me just getting paid there is so much I want you buy but I'm not sure what to get first.
HELP!
MustangMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Gears or a tuner. Btw how do you like the cut outs?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

What kind of gears would you recommend?

And yes I do. I got them done cheap at a shop here. It gives my car a much louder but nice sound to it. I love it.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Sorry about the yes I do. I miss read your question.
And if you don't want it as loud the covers help out, you still get the nice rubble but it cuts down the sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 02:37 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMade View Post
So I have bough exhausts, and cutouts for my stang, so I satisfied with the sound but I don't know what I should buy next? With tax coming up and me just getting paid there is so much I want you buy but I'm not sure what to get first.
HELP!
How much did u get the cutouts and are they electric cuttouts?? And i would get the CAI and tuner combo then buy gears and install kit. It will make ur car feel like a whole new beast. I would get 3.73's for manual or 4.10s for auto.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Well it depends, for me i dont want to void my warranty so im sticking to appearance, im actually ordering a body kit for my 2013
FOX21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:48 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
+1 on gears and tuner, or you can do suspenion
Old 02-16-2013, 05:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Depends on how serious you want to get with mod's.... Gears are a pretty big thing and you can't exactly just take them out if you decide to sell the car. You will also need a tuner to load the tune to Acount for the gears. If you want to keep your warranty then no gears or tune. A cold air intake wouldn't be bad. Also headers and/or off road x pipe.

Best bang for buck is the tuner fallowed by the gears but it voids most your warranty... I recommend 3.73 gears, that's what I have in my 2012 auto. The 4.10 would be nice too if you don't do much freeway driving... I get around 27 mpg freeway still, I think 4.10 would put you around 25 mpg...
Old 02-16-2013, 05:48 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
Depends on how serious you want to get with mod's.... Gears are a pretty big thing and you can't exactly just take them out if you decide to sell the car. You will also need a tuner to load the tune to Acount for the gears. If you want to keep your warranty then no gears or tune. A cold air intake wouldn't be bad. Also headers and/or off road x pipe.

Best bang for buck is the tuner fallowed by the gears but it voids most your warranty... I recommend 3.73 gears, that's what I have in my 2012 auto. The 4.10 would be nice too if you don't do much freeway driving... I get around 27 mpg freeway still, I think 4.10 would put you around 25 mpg...
It also depends on if you're staying naturally aspirated
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

How much did u get the cutouts and are they electric cuttouts?? And i would get the CAI and tuner combo then buy gears and install kit. It will make ur car feel like a whole new beast. I would get 3.73's for manual or 4.10s for auto.
My cutouts only got me $75. And they are manual cutouts. I was gonna get the electric ones, but I like to keep mine open. And I was thinking about buying an airaid CAI, or should I look into another one?
And thanks for the gears answers.

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX21 View Post
Well it depends, for me i dont want to void my warranty so im sticking to appearance, im actually ordering a body kit for my 2013

That's awesome you're getting a body kit. That's one of the things I hope to get soon.
Which one are you getting?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post

If you have a Ford Dealership install your Ford racing 3:73 gears then your warranty will be upheld. The tuner is a different story.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

If you have a Ford Dealership install your Ford racing 3:73 gears then your warranty will be upheld. The tuner is a different story.
Only applies if its a Ford Racing Dealer.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Quote:

My cutouts only got me $75. And they are manual cutouts. I was gonna get the electric ones, but I like to keep mine open. And I was thinking about buying an airaid CAI, or should I look into another one?
And thanks for the gears answers.

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

That's awesome you're getting a body kit. That's one of the things I hope to get soon.
Which one are you getting?
Thats the CAI i have. But if u want real performance gains get a JLT CAI one that requires a tune because they have a larger inlet tube so more air gets thrown into the engine so more HP and better MPG
Old 02-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Only applies if its a Ford Racing Dealer.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Thats the CAI i have. But if u want real performance gains get a JLT CAI one that requires a tune because they have a larger inlet tube so more air gets thrown into the engine so more HP and better MPG
Well that's silly of Ford. You would think that if you buy Ford gears and have a Ford dealership install them, then one would think that would warranty it. That's a total tool bag move of Ford.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Well that's silly of Ford. You would think that if you buy Ford gears and have a Ford dealership install them, then one would think that would warranty it. That's a total tool bag move of Ford.
Yea its dumb it either has to be a Ford Racing dealer or an Authorized Ford dealer its retarded lol
Old 02-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Not to mention over priced
Old 02-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Use a ford racing tuner, that won't void your warranty.
NelsonQuezadaJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Talk to your dealer. Tell them what you plan on doing and work with them. You might be surprised at some of the answers they will give you! It really varies from dealer to dealer!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:43 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What kind of gears would you recommend?

And yes I do. I got them done cheap at a shop here. It gives my car a much louder but nice sound to it. I love it.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Sorry about the yes I do. I miss read your question.
And if you don't want it as loud the covers help out, you still get the nice rubble but it cuts down the sound.
So your exhaust is louder but due to them not being completely sealed, they are louder? I'm looking into going this route as I love the straight pipe sound. Yet am torn between that and the nice appearance of the roush over the stock tips.

As for gears. I'm getting 3.55 for a good DD and for when I want to have fun. Can't possibly lose with em
Old 02-17-2013, 03:48 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

So your exhaust is louder but due to them not being completely sealed, they are louder? I'm looking into going this route as I love the straight pipe sound. Yet am torn between that and the nice appearance of the roush over the stock tips.

As for gears. I'm getting 3.55 for a good DD and for when I want to have fun. Can't possibly lose with em
Lol get straight pipes and weld on the tips LOL
Old 02-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Yes, it makes my exhaust louder. A lot louder than I expected. It was worth it. It gives my car a much meaner sound. Rather then when I had just my flomasters. Some people don't like them but me and my buddy got them together for Christmas and we both think it's way better.
And awesome. I'll look into those. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes, it makes my exhaust louder. A lot louder than I expected. It was worth it. It gives my car a much meaner sound. Rather then when I had just my flomasters. Some people don't like them but me and my buddy got them together for Christmas and we both think it's way better.
And awesome. I'll look into those. Thanks.
They sound raspy in videos but if you ever can find someone with them and stand behind it, oh the ear gasm you will have

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang