Most effective ways to improve 0-60 time and 1/4 mile time - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I'm a little reluctant to spend the 400 on the BBK 73 Throttle body because many on this site and other sites have said they felt the money spent on it was not worth the little gains. IDK because I don't have them. Lol
I got mine off a friend for 100$ cuz he was selling his mustang parts but you can port your current throttle body and it would be the same thing. it's like 90-120$ to port a throttle body.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

I got mine off a friend for 100$ cuz he was selling his mustang parts but you can port your current throttle body and it would be the same thing. it's like 90-120$ to port a throttle body.
Well that's a great deal. Do you know by any chance what is the size of the stock throttle body on the 11 plus V6. For some reason 68mm comes to mind but not sure.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

Who would I go to to get that done?
Marc3.71994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well that's a great deal. Do you know by any chance what is the size of the stock throttle body on the 11 plus V6. For some reason 68mm comes to mind but not sure.
I believe so. porting it you can make it even larger than 73 also

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc3.71994 View Post

Who would I go to to get that done?
my local shop does it. I'm sure any shop could. my friend said he notices a power gain ported over the BBK so I might port my BBK. there is only so much you can go tho
Old 02-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtin1991 View Post
I got bigger tires to help with traction haven't had a chance to try them yet but if that don't work ill try the them .
If you were running the stock tire your biggest enemy is, well, those tires. if you do a real burnout they get oil'y and dont stick to anything. There not much better cold but a quick pull warms them up nicely. Those tires are really not made to be on the surface of a track either, they just dont hook up that well. Also, what was your tire PSI? if you were running the "stock" PSI and didnt let air out then that is another problem your having..... got to let some air out if running street tires, thats the best way to get her hooked up without mods. if new tires and psi change dont do it then jump on some LCA's
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Well thanks a lot gents. Because of all this darn driveshaft talk on this Forum and everybody raving how awesome the one piece aluminum driveshaft is, I just minutes ago pulled the trigger and ordered mine from American Muscle. I guess my two kids don't need to eat. Lol. I folded into the peer pressure from all of you on here. Lmao. Now I'm just waiting for AM to get there friction modifier oil back in stock so I can order the 3:73 gears combo pack. You folks here convinced me the route of 3:73. I'll be leaving my 2:73 gears behind here in the upcoming weeks along with that heavy two piece driveshaft.

Soon after followed up by BBK Headers and off road x pipe. You folks are a bad influence on me but I'm smiling from ear to ear.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well thanks a lot gents. Because of all this darn driveshaft talk on this Forum and everybody raving how awesome the one piece aluminum driveshaft is, I just minutes ago pulled the trigger and ordered mine from American Muscle. I guess my two kids don't need to eat. Lol. I folded into the peer pressure from all of you on here. Lmao. Now I'm just waiting for AM to get there friction modifier oil back in stock so I can order the 3:73 gears combo pack. You folks here convinced me the route of 3:73. I'll be leaving my 2:73 gears behind here in the upcoming weeks along with that heavy two piece driveshaft.

Soon after followed up by BBK Headers and off road x pipe. You folks are a bad influence on me but I'm smiling from ear to ear.
bro I'm going the same exact direction you are!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:32 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
if you want even more torque from headers get the Borla they give you more torque then the BBK do. If i wasnt in such a rush to buy headers when I ordered my BBK's i would have went with Borla instead. They give you 10-15 more torque over the BBK but cost $500 more then the BBK so pros and cons to each header.
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
willb2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willb2305 View Post
if you want even more torque from headers get the Borla they give you more torque then the BBK do. If i wasnt in such a rush to buy headers when I ordered my BBK's i would have went with Borla instead. They give you 10-15 more torque over the BBK but cost $500 more then the BBK so pros and cons to each header.
Does Borla make a ceramic header like BBK. I don't care for the all chrome headers. My understanding the ceramic headers won't rust and keeps much much cooler than the chrome ones.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
It is true that the ceramic headers will last longer than the chrome ones. Engine temps are another thing.... the ceramic will lower temps a bit but not by a noticeable amount. If you want the best heat reduction then look into exhaust wrap. I don't believe all the mumbo jumbo about reducing temps by half but the exhaust wrap does help in lowering temps.
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang