I added Ford Racing Sport Axle backs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I added Ford Racing Sport Axle backs

I added Ford Racing Sport 49 state axle backs today to my 2013 V6 with 5700 miles on it. No salt was on a dry road and I had the day off so it was a perfect day to take to the dealer.

As I knew camcorders do audio no justice, the difference is astounding from what you see on U-tube. These are Borla Stingers made for Ford with Ford logos on them and the giant sized tips. Also a Borla hat in the Ford box.

The service manager and the sales guys said they had not yet heard a V6 sound as good as that. They all came out to hear it. In fact between 900-2600 rpm, it is deep, dark, and rumbling more than my 5.3L Chevy truck. Once over about 3500rpm they sound the same pitch as stock but just a tad louder.

Just what I wanted. No drone if you use cruise or egg lite foot pedal. I always use the Air/Fuel gauge and when you want some drone or a nice rumble, just put a little more pedal into it and your idle or cruise noise gets loud deep and rumbly from 900-2600.

Idling noise too soft while coasting in the parking lot? Just two quick taps of the throttle while in sport mode and the idle drops down below 900 and then rumbles some more while it goes up to 1100. This is just the sound I was after and NO audio/video files on the internet does this justice.

I have to agree to whoever said you must hear them at a car show, the videos don't make it sound right. Yes I tried video myself and its useless, not what you hear in person. In fact this sounds more like a V8 from 900-2600 then two of my 318s did in the 70s. But since the Coyote uses the same magic as our V6, you can't get to that sound, but I wont need it; this is good enough for me.'

Now the reason I had the dealer put these on for $100 more than ordering Borlas and a local muff-shop install? Simple, if I start to get thumps, or thunks, or other noises in the back end of the car, they will fix them for me rather than just blame a aftermarket install.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have the same mufflers..love them excellent quality. Only thing I dislike is the excessive popping noise. But that may be only because mine is a stick.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
I have the same mufflers..love them excellent quality. Only thing I dislike is the excessive popping noise. But that may be only because mine is a stick.
I wished mine popped more, I can't get them to yet. My 72 Plymouth 400cid only sounded good when "decelerating" on the down shift on its piped system with popping sounds, never on accelerations.

I still have to "try" to get this type of sound out of this on the Auto so far but don't really need it since what I really wanted was the low down low rubles and dark roar in the low RPMs.

Are you talking the same type of pops? To me Pops are when a V8 downshifts and you get that backfire like popping' ? [say like this: black, blah, black, black, black, black, black, black, blah...blah...blah......blah....blah.......blah.....etc..]

Art
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post

I wished mine popped more, I can't get them to yet. My 72 Plymouth 400cid only sounded good when "decelerating" on the down shift on its piped system with popping sounds, never on accelerations.

I still have to "try" to get this type of sound out of this on the Auto so far but don't really need it since what I really wanted was the low down low rubles and dark roar in the low RPMs.

Are you talking the same type of pops? To me Pops are when a V8 downshifts and you get that backfire like popping' ? [say like this: black, blah, black, black, black, black, black, black, blah...blah...blah......blah....blah.......blah.....etc..]

Art
I've got roush and like the pop and gurgle. (manual) Not sure if the autos will get it though.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU

Art
Yea, that type of popping. I liked it a lot for the few first few months not it's getting on my nerves.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
The FRPP Cut and Clamp X pipe gives you a lot of popping, and yes I have a Manual.
I am actually thinking of the FRPP Touring for mine, I have heard the Sports in person and like them, but I comparing them to the Touring I like the more Mellow sound of them.
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #7

Region: Texas
oh, Man! I've been struggling to prioritize my mods...keep going back and forth on the FRPP Sports versus a MGW...you aren't making this any easier! I want the burble and pop!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I love my FRPP Sports I bought them a month after my car.
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang