Is it weird? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Is it weird?

Is it weird that I've had my stang for about 8 months and every time I look at it or drive it, I still can't believe it's MY car? Everyday I seem to always have the feeling that the dealership I bought it from is gonna call me and tell me I need to bring the car back. Even when I drive past windows I can't help but notice how good my car looks. Now this is my first actual car that I have bought myself so I guess I will have that feeling that it's not really my car for a while. I have had 2 previous cars, a 2000 ford explorer eddie Bauer edition that my parents gave me as my first car, and a 2008 Mazda 3 4 door sedan that I got from my brother, but this 2013 Gotta Have It Green Mustang V6 is my actual first car that I bought myself without the help of my parents or relatives. So is it weird to still have the feeling that I can't believe I own a really sweet muscle car?
TheHulk305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I still greatly enjoy driving my Mustang. It's the first car I bought from a dealership actually. My old fox body was kind of a PITA to drive at times but my 06 is comfortable and easy to drive and definitely fun. I always look forward to road trips or even to just driving it if I end up using my truck for a few days. I think that's the greatest appeal with a Mustang, they are fun to own and drive.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I'm buying one specifically for this purpose! What I mean is the visceral experience I get when I'm behind the wheel of one. It's not something tangible I can describe. I know there are probably more refined cars out there for the money but I just love the stang. I drove a 2012 on a 2 week long road trip on Route 66. Couldn't have asked for a better car.... Except maybe a 2013 . But ya, every day I got into it I loved it, and now that I'm buying one for myself I'll look forward to my commute every day! Where I live commutes are terrible so I'm damned sure going to get something that I'm going to want to be in. For me, that's a shiny new mustang

Lem
Lemonart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk305 View Post
Is it weird that I've had my stang for about 8 months and every time I look at it or drive it, I still can't believe it's MY car? Everyday I seem to always have the feeling that the dealership I bought it from is gonna call me and tell me I need to bring the car back. Even when I drive past windows I can't help but notice how good my car looks. Now this is my first actual car that I have bought myself so I guess I will have that feeling that it's not really my car for a while. I have had 2 previous cars, a 2000 ford explorer eddie Bauer edition that my parents gave me as my first car, and a 2008 Mazda 3 4 door sedan that I got from my brother, but this 2013 Gotta Have It Green Mustang V6 is my actual first car that I bought myself without the help of my parents or relatives. So is it weird to still have the feeling that I can't believe I own a really sweet muscle car?
I've had my '04 GT for 6 years now and I'm still very much the same way!.. I Just Love Driving My Mustang!!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Not weird, I feel the same way. Almost have mine four months now and when I walk out to it in the driveway I wonder if it's still going to be there. Still hasn't sunk in.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
nope ive had mine for 4 years and still sxcited about it
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I bought my first mustang a POS foxbody vert from 88 about 6 months ago. After my first major problem (overheat/head warp) 5 days after buying her I decided on her name... or I guess it kinda came to me. I still look at her when walking by or when I wake up in the morning and think to myself wow. Even with my first car a mint 97 328i fully loaded, I didn't have this kind of connection and I almost died in that car!
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

It is not weir at all my friend.

Im the same even tho my 1st car was a 2001 toyota celica I still think the stang is my first car,
And is funny coz sometimes people will say things like "oh driving daddy's car" or "oh surprised ur parents dont pay for ur gas too"

Is called working hard, and i dont regret it at all I love my car.
FOX21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

At least I'm not the only one then. Haha
Old 02-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
At least I'm not the only one then. Haha
No you are not. Every morning I walk to my car and I just stare at it for a sec. There is a sense of pride for a mustang owner and this forum is something I check on daily. I love hearing what others have to say about their Mustang or advice they can give.

The first mustang I bought was a 2006 V6 Auto in 2006. Driving off the lot and back onto campus was an awesome feeling. I remember as I was driving to campus another Mustang owner drove right beside me. I looked at him and he gave me a thumbs up. Im telling you man, its a prestigious club we are in and only a Mustang owner can understand it. I put some performance parts in my car and I feel like I bought a new car. Last night me and my girl went just to drive around in it. Dont ever take a simple ride in your car for granted especially if its with your girl (or guy).
Old 02-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamp1 View Post

No you are not. Every morning I walk to my car and I just stare at it for a sec. There is a sense of pride for a mustang owner and this forum is something I check on daily. I love hearing what others have to say about their Mustang or advice they can give.

The first mustang I bought was a 2006 V6 Auto in 2006. Driving off the lot and back onto campus was an awesome feeling. I remember as I was driving to campus another Mustang owner drove right beside me. I looked at him and he gave me a thumbs up. Im telling you man, its a prestigious club we are in and only a Mustang owner can understand it. I put some performance parts in my car and I feel like I bought a new car. Last night me and my girl went just to drive around in it. Dont ever take a simple ride in your car for granted especially if its with your girl (or guy).
Couldn't have said it better myself u have a certain feeling when u get in it and its puts a smile on ur face
Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post

Couldn't have said it better myself u have a certain feeling when u get in it and its puts a smile on ur face
Mine always puts a smile on my face!.. Then I gas it from a stop and it puts a smile on my kids faces!... Lol.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I've had mine for 3 years and I still stop and go "Damn this is mine. She is so sexy!"
NelsonQuezadaJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #14

Ordered my car 2 weeks ago. Got my window sticker today and a build date of 2/25. Still can't believe it will be here in a few weeks. Actually getting a little nervous since it will be my daily driver. I feel like it's too nice to drive in heavy traffic or bad weather. Excitement is finally starting to set in though.

Ordered 2/09 | Received VIN 2/13 | Window Sticker 2/19 | Build Date 2/25 / Delivered 3/11
-Airaid CAI/JLT Catch Can, LLumar 20% Tint
RogueWing16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
That feeling will never go away. I promise. I can't wait till Spring until I can actually keep her clean 24/7 and put her back to the way she should be!

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Lol. We are all so addicted to our cars. I got y'all's back! All of the items mentioned above, I do them lol. We need a checklist. See the car in the driveway, get the boyhood feeling, CHECK. Start the car and get that feeling, CHECK. lol.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #17
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Mine was love at very first sight.

I was at the dealer to look for a Focus.
I seen this Candy Red Mustang and fell in love.
Made a deal that I thought would not happen.
Drove my 2012 candy red MCA premium home in about an hour.
Every time I come out of a store and I see my Mustang sitting there it is like I seen him for the very first time. I can't believe it is my car.
I just made my 8th payment and don't regret buying my MCA one single bit.

TheHulk305 is not crazy or weird or eccentric at all, He is like almost all of us when it comes to our Mustangs.

There are some times I have to go out into my garage and just look at this car for a few minutes.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:40 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I was at the dealer to look for a Focus.
I seen this Candy Red Mustang and fell in love.
Made a deal that I thought would not happen.
Drove my 2012 candy red MCA premium home in about an hour.
Every time I come out of a store and I see my Mustang sitting there it is like I seen him for the very first time. I can't believe it is my car.
I just made my 8th payment and don't regret buying my MCA one single bit.

TheHulk305 is not crazy or weird or eccentric at all, He is like almost all of us when it comes to our Mustangs.

There are some times I have to go out into my garage and just look at this car for a few minutes.
Ronnie
+1. I still can't believe I own a candy Apple red mustang also! I've had her for 9 months now and when I get in it every morning its like the first day all over again!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:23 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I can't believe I own a bright *** green mustang haha. Everyday I look at it I'm like "damn she is sexy and all mine" haha. And then when I get in and see the pony on the steering wheel and start the car up it's like I fall in love with it all over again. But whenever I go somewhere and people check out my car I always say to myself "why the hell do people keep staring at me when I drive by? O because I have a bright *** mustang that looks badass" haha
Old 02-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #20
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Not weird at all. I bought mine last March and still love driving it. I as well look in windows when driving by them and every time I get out and walk away I look back at my Stang. I'll tell you how much I enjoy my Stang... I own a 2009 Buell XB12R Firebolt since purchasing my Mustang I can count on both hands how many time I have ridden my Buell, a bike that Cycle World called one of he best handling street bikes "EVER." I enjoy my Stang so much I am selling my Buell this spring to fix up my car.

I will buy every thing threw American Muscle... I have already started the black out look by ordering. Third brake, side marker and tail light tint plus the powered by Ford emblem for the front fenders. I ordered that yesterday at noon and they are scheduled to arrive today. AM is near Philly and I live 45 minutes north if Albany NY. 1,000,000 thumbs up for AM!!! But I expected that service, when I ordered my CAI and tuner I received them in two days.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang