Delivery times - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Delivery times

Hey all. Just curious what 2013-14 Mustang buyers are experiencing for delivery times these days. I'm almost positive the exact selection of options/packages I want will not be already on a lot in my city. I need a car for June. Would early April be a safe bet to buy?

Lem
Lemonart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #2

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonart View Post
Hey all. Just curious what 2013-14 Mustang buyers are experiencing for delivery times these days. I'm almost positive the exact selection of options/packages I want will not be already on a lot in my city. I need a car for June. Would early April be a safe bet to buy?

Lem
Looks like 6 weeks for my order. I am expecting mine in 3 weeks or so. See my signature. I was hoping for first week of April so I would miss the cruddy weather in March. On the positive side, I received a $750 customer appreciation bonus in a Ford brochure that expires 4/7/2013. Good Luck!

Ordered 2/09 | Received VIN 2/13 | Window Sticker 2/19 | Build Date 2/25 / Delivered 3/11
-Airaid CAI/JLT Catch Can, LLumar 20% Tint
RogueWing16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
6 weeks is average, but it all depends on your dealer. If they don't have allocations, you could be waiting for months.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I'm fairly sure a dealer in Toronto will have allocations, but that would definitely be an issue if they don't. There are many surrounding dealers. Only thing is I haven't been able to find one with a performance package anywhere. Fairly sure I want it. Hard to find one with saddle interior as well.

Lem
Old 02-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Ooh, Toronto? You need to ask some Canadian guys about delivery times. I bet it takes longer for shipments going across the border.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I don't see why it would... We have one of the largest ford plants in North America in our backyard.... Question is whether or not they build mustangs there . Even so, Detroit is only a few hours from here. I don't see it being held up overly long.

But ya.... Any Canadian buyers in the last few months??

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

I'm guessing they do build them there since our packages are ever so slightly different than yours. But I guess a quick google search can answer that .

Lem

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Answer: Mustangs assembled in Michigan. The V6 engine is built in Ohio and the 5.0 V8 is built in Canada.

Apparently we just get the big engine :p

Lem
Old 02-19-2013, 11:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah the cars are actually assembled in Flat Rock, MI. They'd be idiots to assemble it anywhere but the U.S., seeing as it's an American icon and it would be bad press. The Windsor plant where they make the 5.0 has been used for some time.

Even in the U.S., shipment times are longer if they have to ship by rail because they have to wait and fill all the rail cars. My car is the 2nd fastest delivered car on allfords forum when I spent a lot of time over there, at just 4 weeks and 3 days.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I'm planning on 8-10 weeks.

Lem
Old 02-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
My car came in super fast. I ordered my 2014 on January 23rd and got it on February 20th. The dealer said that was the fastest any car has came in.
scott2683 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang