Going to be a good week - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Glendora California
Region: California
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

I only am sporting the Flowmaster, Force II axle back exhaust system. Not the cat back. I do of course have the tune and CAI. So in your opinion , do you think the 400 dollars is worth the bigger throttle body with have an axle back exhaust system.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------



What kind of power are we looking at a stage 2 Roush having.
The roush has 3.55 gears but that's all the performance. I heard even with the 3.55s it was only a 13.8 1/4 car. I don't know the circumstances but a 3.7 with 3.55s sounds faster but I'm not sure
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-25-2013, 11:37 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

The roush has 3.55 gears but that's all the performance. I heard even with the 3.55s it was only a 13.8 1/4 car. I don't know the circumstances but a 3.7 with 3.55s sounds faster but I'm not sure
Lol. Heck , you can run 13.7 with just a 87 octane performance tune from American muscle and not one other mod. That's even on factory Michelin tires . Lol.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Lol. Heck , you can run 13.7 with just a 87 octane performance tune from American muscle and not one other mod. That's even on factory Michelin tires . Lol.
How did u do that! All i could do with just my tuner was 14.8 my elevation is 3,700 feet tho
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

How did u do that! All i could do with just my tuner was 14.8 my elevation is 3,700 feet tho
I never had but American Musscle did it up in Cecil county, Maryland . A base v6 with 2:73 gears and stock tires ran a 14.1 for there first run. AM put a 87 tune into the car and ran a 13.7 second run. Same car just with tune.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Glendora California
Region: California
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

How did u do that! All i could do with just my tuner was 14.8 my elevation is 3,700 feet tho
Must be the elevation I guess. Here in Glendora it's 700ft
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

Must be the elevation I guess. Here in Glendora it's 700ft
Damn!

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

Must be the elevation I guess. Here in Glendora it's 700ft
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:53 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Glendora California
Region: California
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Damn!
In Cecil Maryland where AM tested its like 200-400!
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

In Cecil Maryland where AM tested its like 200-400!
I'm not to far from Cecil County. I'll be going up there with my mustang club this spring.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:57 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Glendora California
Region: California
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

I'm not to far from Cecil County. I'll be going up there with my mustang club this spring.
Put some pictures up you noob!
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

Put some pictures up you noob!
Lol. On I sure will post some. It will be my first time at the track. I don't plan on racing a lot but I want to get a few runs in. Just to see what the little sixer can do. My car has no aftermarket appearance stuff so my pony looks like a plain V6 that Gt guys think they can whoop up on. Lol. Little do they know
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
Midnight2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So Cal
Region: California
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

How did u do that! All i could do with just my tuner was 14.8 my elevation is 3,700 feet tho
A lot less oxygen than sea level.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

Must be the elevation I guess. Here in Glendora it's 700ft
I roll thru Glendora every morning taking my daughter to Citrus College.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:05 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Glendora California
Region: California
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

A lot less oxygen than sea level.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------



I roll thru Glendora every morning taking my daughter to Citrus College.
Cool my girlfriend goes to citrus and I go to cal poly
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Actually, I asked another forum member the other night the very same question prior to having the 3:73 gears installed. The tires you have on your car are an All Season tire just like my 17 inch Michelin tires are an All season tire. Other than yours is 18 and mine is 17 the tire traction is going to be equal or darn near equal. Both mine and your tires are not drag radials so your traction is going to be equal to my traction. I turned off my traction control, came to a dead stop and I nailed that pedal to the floor. The car chirped while screaming down the road. The car shot off. I hit 0-60 tonight in 4.8 seconds on my stock tires. Not too shabby and I'm still waiting to install my headers and x pipe. Traction on a try surface is not a issue for the 3:73 gears.
You forgot a very important aspect. Tire width.
More contact=more traction
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

You forgot a very important aspect. Tire width.
More contact=more traction
True, which is even better since the18 has more traction than the 17 and I'm not spinning on my 17 inch tires therefore 18 would not have traction issues. Go for the 3;73 gears. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

True, which is even better since the18 has more traction than the 17 and I'm not spinning on my 17 inch tires therefore 18 would not have traction issues. Go for the 3;73 gears. Lol
17&18 is rim height
Tire width would be the 215 on the stock rims
It depends on the tire width
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

17&18 is rim height
Tire width would be the 215 on the stock rims
It depends on the tire width
Jesus stock tires are 215? Wow
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

True, which is even better since the18 has more traction than the 17 and I'm not spinning on my 17 inch tires therefore 18 would not have traction issues. Go for the 3;73 gears. Lol
More side wall= better launch
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

17&18 is rim height
Tire width would be the 215 on the stock rims
It depends on the tire width
I got 215 65 17 tires and no real traction issues on a totally dry surface. The car shot off hard and little chirping but almost no tire spin. After listening to some people I thought the 3:73 gears were gonna spin like crazy. Not at all and glad I listened to the majority of forum members on what gears to get. Since both 17 or 18 come with All season tires I would think the traction would be almost the same. 3:55 will be a big difference too however if I'm gonna spend the same money, I wanted 3:73. Doing 70 mph I was rolling around 2100k rpm. Highway I was getting 27 mpg with cruise control set for 70 mph. It's not 30 like before however that's not important to me. This car is not my daily driver and I have a county work vehicle that I take to and from work. I wanted to really maximize the full potential of power the sixer was given by Ford and doing this the 3:73 gears are a great way to achieve high performance in our V6 models. I don't track the car so 4:10 didn't interest me one bit.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

Jesus stock tires are 215? Wow
Yes sir, stock was 215 65 17 Michelin all season for my automatic 2011
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
Midnight2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So Cal
Region: California
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

I got 215 65 17 tires and no real traction issues on a totally dry surface. The car shot off hard and little chirping but almost no tire spin. After listening to some people I thought the 3:73 gears were gonna spin like crazy. Not at all and glad I listened to the majority of forum members on what gears to get. Since both 17 or 18 come with All season tires I would think the traction would be almost the same. 3:55 will be a big difference too however if I'm gonna spend the same money, I wanted 3:73. Doing 70 mph I was rolling around 2100k rpm. Highway I was getting 27 mpg with cruise control set for 70 mph. It's not 30 like before however that's not important to me. This car is not my daily driver and I have a county work vehicle that I take to and from work. I wanted to really maximize the full potential of power the sixer was given by Ford and doing this the 3:73 gears are a great way to achieve high performance in our V6 models. I don't track the car so 4:10 didn't interest me one bit.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------



Yes sir, stock was 215 65 17 Michelin all season for my automatic 2011
Kona I have 3:31 with automatic and roll 70 at 2000rpm. Another posted with their 2:73 they roll 80 at 2k.
Is your 3:73 at 2100 at 70 mph because its a manual? I'd think there would be as much diiference yours and mine as there is mine and his. Anyone know?
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

Kona I have 3:31 with automatic and roll 70 at 2000rpm. Another posted with their 2:73 they roll 80 at 2k.
Is your 3:73 at 2100 at 70 mph because its a manual? I'd think there would be as much diiference yours and mine as there is mine and his. Anyone know?
Mine is a automatic sir. It's hard to get an exact reading because its not digital rpm. Lol Maybe it's 2200k rpm at 70 mph. It looked to me closer to 2100 but it may be 2200k rpm.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Melbourne
Region: Florida
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Mine is a automatic sir. It's hard to get an exact reading because its not digital rpm. Lol Maybe it's 2200k rpm at 70 mph. It looked to me closer to 2100 but it may be 2200k rpm.
That doesn't sound bad at all... Makes me feel better about 3.73s for sure.
__________________
2013 V6 Premium MT "Black Betty"
Electronics Package, Comfort Package
3.31, Airaid CAI, BAMA 93 Race Tune
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post

That doesn't sound bad at all... Makes me feel better about 3.73s for sure.
Oh yeah, I'm really happy with them, I had debated back and forth about which gear ratio to go with for months. think I would of always regretted not going with 3:73 gears if would of gotten 3:55 gears. Lol. You will not regret the 3:73 gears.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Oh yeah, I'm really happy with them, I had debated back and forth about which gear ratio to go with for months. think I would of always regretted not going with 3:73 gears if would of gotten 3:55 gears. Lol. You will not regret the 3:73 gears.
Unless you go turbo...
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Unless you go turbo...
Well, I have an automatic so does that really matter for us auto guys? Its not like were shifting. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Well, I have an automatic so does that really matter for us auto guys? Its not like were shifting. Lol
Turbo boosts better under load. With 3.73s and 4.10s, there isn't much load
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Turbo boosts better under load. With 3.73s and 4.10s, there isn't much load
I understand that. So for turbo, 3:55 are the way to go? I'm not going to turbo or supercharge mine, so I elected to get the 3:73 gears.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

I understand that. So for turbo, 3:55 are the way to go? I'm not going to turbo or supercharge mine, so I elected to get the 3:73 gears.
Honestly, if I were going to stay N/A and I didnt travel highway, I'd opt or 4.10s
Supercharge, 3.73
Turbo 3.55
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Honestly, if I were going to stay N/A and I didnt travel highway, I'd opt or 4.10s
Supercharge, 3.73
Turbo 3.55
I hear ya on that. I don't track my car and all my driving is highway like you. 3:73 gears was best suited for my driving habits and how I use my car.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

I hear ya on that. I don't track my car and all my driving is highway like you. 3:73 gears was best suited for my driving habits and how I use my car.
Just to clarify, my car isn't highway driving, but if it was, I wouldn't go with 4.10s
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Just to clarify, my car isn't highway driving, but if it was, I wouldn't go with 4.10s
I got ya. Mine is and no I was going with 4:10's. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Side track!!!!

The vinyl came in. Gonna install tomorrow
Any tips on dealing with the curved roof, how about cutting the vinyl to fit?
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular
 
EricJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal
Region: California
Posts: 124
Let me know how it goes. I got mine in but haven't had time to put it on yet.
EricJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJames View Post
Let me know how it goes. I got mine in but haven't had time to put it on yet.
Mine isn't precut tho :p
I get all the fun
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
EricJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal
Region: California
Posts: 124
Ahhh yea I ordered the one from AM. Boss style roof decal. Anyways post a pic when you finish. I'd love to see how it looks. I have a race red also.
EricJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
To say the least, I failed miserably

Did this tho
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2263217408.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	545.9 KB
ID:	93663  
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:21 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.