Headers and off road x pipe - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I just left my first meet and greet with my mustang club and heard a 2003 Gt having long tube headers and a off road x pipe. Omg, that ***** was loud. It was freaking awesome. When he would step on the gas it sounded so bad a$$. I would ride next to him and you could hear his exhaust with my windows up and he wasn't even accelerating. He said its as loud as it is because of the headers but mainly because of the removal of the cats. I know we have six cylinders but I wonder if our six will be almost as loud when I remove my cats. I'm not talking about this engine rumble but this was the sound of his exhaust when parked and rev up engine. It's sounded sick.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I just left my first meet and greet with my mustang club and heard a 2003 Gt having long tube headers and a off road x pipe. Omg, that ***** was loud. It was freaking awesome. When he would step on the gas it sounded so bad a$$. I would ride next to him and you could hear his exhaust with my windows up and he wasn't even accelerating. He said its as loud as it is because of the headers but mainly because of the removal of the cats. I know we have six cylinders but I wonder if our six will be almost as loud when I remove my cats. I'm not talking about this engine rumble but this was the sound of his exhaust when parked and rev up engine. It's sounded sick.
I have headers and xpipe and straight pipe. Lemme tell u bro its LOUD
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

I have headers and xpipe and straight pipe. Lemme tell u bro its LOUD
Bro, is there a difference is loudness when it comes to a straight pipe compared to my Flowmaster Axle back Force II exhaust system. Will my cars exhaust be way way way louder this Sunday when my headers and off road x pipe are on even though I don't have straight pipe exhaust. Being that we both a v6 I am just wondering what to expect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Bro, is there a difference is loudness when it comes to a straight pipe compared to my Flowmaster Axle back Force II exhaust system. Will my cars exhaust be way way way louder this Sunday when my headers and off road x pipe are on even though I don't have straight pipe exhaust,
Its gna be louder
Old 03-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Check this out:
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/201...e-Headers.html
Old 03-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Its gna be louder
What will be louder, your car because of the straight pipe compared to my Flowmaster axle back

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Now those headers were connected to a high flowing catted mid pipe. Now I'm not talking about the power difference but strictly sound wise, I was told the off road x pipe is louder because the cats really reduce the noise level of the exhaust. It sounded good but I think the off road x pipe is louder.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What will be louder, your car because of the straight pipe compared to my Flowmaster axle back

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Now those headers were connected to a high flowing catted mid pipe. Now I'm not talking about the power difference but strictly sound wise, I was told the off road x pipe is louder because the cats really reduce the noise level of the exhaust. It sounded good but I think the off road x pipe is louder.
With or without headers on ur car? I say mine but you never know bro.

Btw the uncatted and catted xpipe sound the same ive tried them
Old 03-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

With or without headers on ur car? I say mine but you never know bro.

Btw the uncatted and catted xpipe sound the same ive tried them
You have straight pipes along with BBK headers and catted x pipe. I have Flowmaster axle back exhaust and putting on Bbk headers and off road x pipe. For a car with straight pipes will it be louder than a car with axle back with the same off road x pipe.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You have straight pipes along with BBK headers and catted x pipe. I have Flowmaster axle back exhaust and putting on Bbk headers and off road x pipe. For a car with straight pipes will it be louder than a car with axle back with the same off road x pipe.
I think so cuz u have something to muffle the sound
Old 03-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Got ya. I assume my set up will still be loud when I get the headers and off road x pipe on this Sunday even with the axle back exhaust. Lol
Old 03-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Got ya. I assume my set up will still be loud when I get the headers and off road x pipe on this Sunday even with the axle back exhaust. Lol
Oh yea expect ****en LOUD LOL
Old 03-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Charlie , did you go to a muffler shop to get your straight pipes made. What type of cost is that to get straight pipes . What is the benefit of straight pipes over a axel back exhaust?

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

Quote:

Oh yea expect ****en LOUD LOL
Bro, I like loud. That's how a mustang should sound. Letting people know your pony is in the house an coming up on them. Can people hear your exhaust when driving next to you and your just cruising at a steady speed.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Charlie , did you go to a muffler shop to get your straight pipes made. What type of cost is that to get straight pipes . What is the benefit of straight pipes over a axel back exhaust?
Yea just told the shop i need straight pipes with resonated tips. They just took the measurements of the length of pipe they would need to weld on and then just welded it all together. As long as you don't go with larger catback piping than stock. Then u should be okay and not have to worry about back pressure. So with straight pipes you get better flowing exhaust so better HP
Old 03-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea just told the shop i need straight pipes with resonated tips. They just took the measurements of the length of pipe they would need to weld on and then just welded it all together. As long as you don't go with larger catback piping than stock. Then u should be okay and not have to worry about back pressure. So with straight pipes you get better flowing exhaust so better HP
What does something like that run. I can't imagine it's that expensive. Just some pipes and a cut. With my set up I was telling you about do you think there will be a lot of drone.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What does something like that run. I can't imagine it's that expensive. Just some pipes and a cut. With my set up I was telling you about do you think there will be a lot of drone.
It costed me 50 bucks and buy exhaust sealer and put it all around the connection point aka where the headers connect to the mid pipe and then where the mid pipe connects to the catback. With the sealer it will get rid of lots of drone
Old 03-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It costed me 50 bucks and buy exhaust sealer and put it all around the connection point aka where the headers connect to the mid pipe and then where the mid pipe connects to the catback. With the sealer it will get rid of lots of drone
Ate u serious? I hope that's a joke lol.
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Ate u serious? I hope that's a joke lol.
Are**
Old 03-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Are**
Spell check. I didn't even notice.
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang