Weird Acceleration noise of 2013 v6 Mustang!!!!!!!Please help!!!! - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

I replaced my rear end fluid and breather cap as states in a rear end tsb. It fixed a majority of the weird problems. But the small problems has to be in tranny or shaft. But I don't have the noise anymore. I was really low in fluid ( used half the bottle)
How did u go about replacing the breather cap? Mine has been leaking :/
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #72
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
So, has the second level from Ford got back to you yet? By the way, your doing this right. While we can all offer suggestions and possibilities, only Ford can resolve the issue for you. Play nice with them, be polite, but firm.

Awaiting their response.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
So, has the second level from Ford got back to you yet? By the way, your doing this right. While we can all offer suggestions and possibilities, only Ford can resolve the issue for you. Play nice with them, be polite, but firm.

Awaiting their response.
Defiantly true. That's something everyone on the forum should consider. We all do our best to help but at the end of the day, if your car is under warranty then you need to make it Ford's problem and don't let them just brush you off...sales guys are notorious for that and techs are pretty much told to keep there mouth shut... I guarantee that I could take a car that is just barely still under warranty to a shop and get a laundry list of issues from them. Then take the car to ford and the tech is going to tell you everything is fine and he toped off your fluids for you.

I always make it a point to tell the tech not to touch my transmission or my ECU Port also. I have even gone as far as to write it on paper work... Your fine with so few miles but Ford is notorious for swapping trans fluid in old transmissions... That's a real easy way to destroy a transmission... Just another reason a ford tech will never touch my car, I don't even let them do scheduled matenance unless I am standing there..... And yes, my ford dealer hates me. Lol
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post

Defiantly true. That's something everyone on the forum should consider. We all do our best to help but at the end of the day, if your car is under warranty then you need to make it Ford's problem and don't let them just brush you off...sales guys are notorious for that and techs are pretty much told to keep there mouth shut... I guarantee that I could take a car that is just barely still under warranty to a shop and get a laundry list of issues from them. Then take the car to ford and the tech is going to tell you everything is fine and he toped off your fluids for you.

I always make it a point to tell the tech not to touch my transmission or my ECU Port also. I have even gone as far as to write it on paper work... Your fine with so few miles but Ford is notorious for swapping trans fluid in old transmissions... That's a real easy way to destroy a transmission... Just another reason a ford tech will never touch my car, I don't even let them do scheduled matenance unless I am standing there..... And yes, my ford dealer hates me. Lol
Can I take you with me to my next scheduled matenance? Ford won't let me near my car while they work on it, and it pisses me off. I honestly think that they joyroad in it once, because I saw a new mustang that looked just like mine flooring it down the back ally of the dealership. I've even considered putting a camera in there, but I don't want to get sued. What do you say so they let you in the shop floor?
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #75
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

A camera or recorder in your own car is fine.

You can put a camera or tape recorder in your car because it is your private personal property. It's no different then putting security camera's in and on your home. You just can't record a conversation unless you inform the other party you are recording them. The phone they are on is not yours. ( That is the difference ) If you personally owned both phones you can record all you want without telling at all.

I don't know of any mechanic that will not test drive a car after doing work on it. It is really not a joy ride but part of the repair to see if everything was OK.

Not to say that if it is a Corvette or Super Snake etc. and you have to leave it over night or a few days that some jerk idiot at the dealership won't take it out and drive the heck out out it. I'm sure it happens. Not often, but does happen.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
You can put a camera or tape recorder in your car because it is your private personal property. It's no different then putting security camera's in and on your home. You just can't record a conversation unless you inform the other party you are recording them. The phone they are on is not yours. ( That is the difference ) If you personally owned both phones you can record all you want without telling at all.

I don't know of any mechanic that will not test drive a car after doing work on it. It is really not a joy ride but part of the repair to see if everything was OK.

Not to say that if it is a Corvette or Super Snake etc. and you have to leave it over night or a few days that some jerk idiot at the dealership won't take it out and drive the heck out out it. I'm sure it happens. Not often, but does happen.

Ronnie
Yeah, I know they were test driving it, but they were putting a little more into the test drive than was necessary. Also, i'm from Texas, which is a one party state, so I don't need the other persons permission to record their voice. (referring to the phone thing, I do not need to own both in Texas to record)
I am worried of them suing me for recording on their property. Yes, I know that the car is my property, and I can record in that, but if it records anything outside of the car, like an employee talking to someone else outside the widow. I'm not sure on the legality of that, since a lot of properties have "No recording" signs posted.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

Ronnie
Exactly.
Jerks in the dealer just ride with me and says he know exactly what the problem is. Ignorant guy. He doesn't even take the car into the garage and lift it up..... My problem really need someone who is a careful driver and technician. And driving the hell out of it.
Josephtsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

How do I get in the garage? make sure to wear glasses, close tied shoes, and pants...those are the safety regs of most places and if your in shorts your going to stick out... I will talk to the person at the desk and tell them what I am there for. I also tell them I don't want any of there extra services if they offer. Ask the person at the counter to do a walk around of the car, that is a good way to let them know that your paying attention and care about your car. After that I hand over the keys then walk around outside where I can see the car. when it gets pulled in I see where it go's. I usually wait till its on the lift then I stroll my happy butt in there like I own the place.... I have only been twice, the second time a tech said I'm not supposed to be in the shop, my response was "it's all good man, it's all good" he kinda looked at me funny then walked away.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
How do I get in the garage? make sure to wear glasses, close tied shoes, and pants...those are the safety regs of most places and if your in shorts your going to stick out... I will talk to the person at the desk and tell them what I am there for. I also tell them I don't want any of there extra services if they offer. Ask the person at the counter to do a walk around of the car, that is a good way to let them know that your paying attention and care about your car. After that I hand over the keys then walk around outside where I can see the car. when it gets pulled in I see where it go's. I usually wait till its on the lift then I stroll my happy butt in there like I own the place.... I have only been twice, the second time a tech said I'm not supposed to be in the shop, my response was "it's all good man, it's all good" he kinda looked at me funny then walked away.
"I stroll my happy butt in there like I own the place" lmfao!
I am totally going to try that next time I go in for service. I hope I don't get kicked out. My logic is that they have your car in their hands, so I don't want to piss them off, or they could do something, or abuse the car on the test drive. That's why I always try to be polite as possible, but if I can watch them without pissing them off to much, i'll try it.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

dont be obtrusive, if your not in the way no one is going to care.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Hi guys:
Sorry for the delay of status. So Ford suggest me to go to another dealer to have a 2nd advice. So I went to Darcars on Friday. Here's the report.

Attn Michael Goldberg: service director owner states at low speeds, when coming to a stop, not stopping completely. Then accelerate again, there is a click/bump noise that seems to be from under front of vehicle. Inspect and advise service director road tested with customer, condition was not present everytime attempted to duplicate, but did experience customer concern. Service director also drove with customer in stock unit with 34 miles condition was also present in stock unit, but not as pronounced. service director inspected undercarriage and suspension with customer. No indication of loose or shifting component. Service director advised customer that this condition is a normal characteristic and no repair attempt should be made at this point. If condition changes and becomes more pronounced or persistent, customer should return for re inspection.

I did test drive the 2nd new mustang, it make that noise too, just sounds not that big as my car does, plus, there is no bumping feeling in that new one.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephtsai View Post
Hi guys:
Sorry for the delay of status. So Ford suggest me to go to another dealer to have a 2nd advice. So I went to Darcars on Friday. Here's the report.

Attn Michael Goldberg: service director owner states at low speeds, when coming to a stop, not stopping completely. Then accelerate again, there is a click/bump noise that seems to be from under front of vehicle. Inspect and advise service director road tested with customer, condition was not present everytime attempted to duplicate, but did experience customer concern. Service director also drove with customer in stock unit with 34 miles condition was also present in stock unit, but not as pronounced. service director inspected undercarriage and suspension with customer. No indication of loose or shifting component. Service director advised customer that this condition is a normal characteristic and no repair attempt should be made at this point. If condition changes and becomes more pronounced or persistent, customer should return for re inspection.

I did test drive the 2nd new mustang, it make that noise too, just sounds not that big as my car does, plus, there is no bumping feeling in that new one.
Did you ask him about it not shifting to 1st when you are at a stop? Mine stays in second. (I believe)
Old 04-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

You can see this from the rpm. I also have the transmission checked and it's normal.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

Did you ask him about it not shifting to 1st when you are at a stop? Mine stays in second. (I believe)
I don't know about yours but if I manually put mine in second there is a big difference than if I put it in drive and it starts out in first. Try it. Sure is baffling what this noise is op is experiencing. On the video it sounds very loud.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
I don't know about yours but if I manually put mine in second there is a big difference than if I put it in drive and it starts out in first. Try it. Sure is baffling what this noise is op is experiencing. On the video it sounds very loud.
There is a difference because the shift times are adjusted in sport mode. I am asking if you asked them about it not shifting to first in automatic.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Mine sounds the same when in sports mode
Old 04-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

There is a difference because the shift times are adjusted in sport mode. I am asking if you asked them about it not shifting to first in automatic.
I'm confused. Are you guys saying its normal for a 2013 Mustang V6 Automatic to start in 2nd gear from a dead stop?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:38 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm confused. Are you guys saying its normal for a 2013 Mustang V6 Automatic to start in 2nd gear from a dead stop?
I don't know if it is. That is my question. I am trying to ask him that but I don't think he understood me.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

Haha well you could. It's a 2.53.
That's some aftermarket transmissions' first gear
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Haha well you could. It's a 2.53.
That's some aftermarket transmissions' first gear
Of course you can. BUT at a stop the car should automatically start in first.
If it were me I'd count the shifts to see if its using all 6 gears. If not it would be in for warranty work.
If the app says it starts in second but it's in first I'd still take it in. Now if its a rolling stop it indeed may be in second gear if you don't give it enough gas.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If it were me I'd count the shifts to see if its using all 6 gears. If not it would be in for warranty work.
If the app says it starts in second but it's in first I'd still take it in. Now if its a rolling stop it indeed may be in second gear if you don't give it enough gas.
Well that's the thing. What's a rolling stop, 5 or 10 mph and these transmissions are to be fuel efficient. So they will e in 2nd until stopped. I know mine does it. I hate it. I pull that fuse and it relearns. What makes it screwy is the stop go traffic then you open it up.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Quote:

But ill be getting a tuner to fix all my little bugs
Old 04-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

What? So u are saying ur car doesn't go back to 1st during a rolling stop(5-10 mph) How do u know that? And by the way, how to pull the fuse out? Use hands or tools?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #93
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
What? So u are saying ur car doesn't go back to 1st during a rolling stop(5-10 mph) How do u know that? And by the way, how to pull the fuse out? Use hands or tools?
Small pair of needle nose pliers. At a decent auto parts store, you can buy a small plastic fuse puller. Can be found by where the fuses ar sold.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Second day with my 2014 and I can sometimes notice the same little "clunk" noise after a stop. It's definitely hard to hear but I was listening for it.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah. I also tested drove the new ones and they have that clicking sound too, just a lot better than mine. Also , they only have the sound not the bump. Mine does a bumping or lagging feeling when having that sound. Hope ur new 2014 won't escalate.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah. I also tested drove the new ones and they have that clicking sound too, just a lot better than mine. Also , they only have the sound not the bump. Mine does a bumping or lagging feeling when having that sound. Hope ur new 2014 won't escalate.
When I come to a stop mine sometimes has a little feeling/ bump like you were tapped from the rear with a very slight noise. I take that to be the way the drive shaft is designed. But wasn't yours the one with the video posted? If so I hear a very LOUD sound like someone throwing a rock against your car and this was after the car was moving from a stop. In fact several times.
Or did I hear something else?
Old 04-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

No it wasn't my car. Just imagine the feeling on ur car get a lot bigger and noticeable. So it accompanied with a slug and bump feeling. Intuitively, it feels like the brake still slightly trap the car for 0.5 sec when I start to accelerate or so even though there is nothing wrong with the brake. And mine problem happens only when car is warmed up.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Maybe I need to have the 3rd dealer to check the car without telling them my experience with the first 2 dealers. I wonder if changing the shock or grease the driveshaft will fix it.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

So guys I do go to the third dealer. After a series of test on a new one. They told me that's something normal again. What they believe is that the space between the pinging gear and xxx gear(I cant remember it because my english sucks) caused that problem. They say its normal for rear wheel drive car to have that kind of problem because they also have a longer driveshaft and a rear differential. If they tight the two gears, the sound can disappear but the gears will wear out in a few days. I really don't know what to say now.
What are u guys' idea?
Old 04-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So guys I do go to the third dealer. After a series of test on a new one. They told me that's something normal again. What they believe is that the space between the pinging gear and xxx gear(I cant remember it because my english sucks) caused that problem. They say its normal for rear wheel drive car to have that kind of problem because they also have a longer driveshaft and a rear differential. If they tight the two gears, the sound can disappear but the gears will wear out in a few days. I really don't know what to say now.
What are u guys' idea?
Just accept it as normal and don't worry about it. That being said the newer Mustangs are the first rear wheel drive cars I've experienced this on. And I've owned several with automatics. 65 Mustang, 65 Plymouth Belvedere, 76 Olds Cutlass, 83 Mercury Cougar. None of the Chrysler products my folks owned in the 60s, 70's and 80's did it. So it may be a problem of the split driveshaft. Would love to hear from an automatic owner with a 1 pc DS. Best way to fix it? Turn your radio up. lol
Old 04-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

So u also notice that sound, right?
Old 04-18-2013, 12:45 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Okay, a few more days driving the car and I've come to some realizations. First I definitely hear the little clunk sound, even with the radio up (it's a mechanic thump, not enough to bother but enough to hear it when you're looking for it).

I've realized that I only hear it when I'm rolling through a stop sign....that is I don't actually come to a complete stop.

Now here's my theory, and this might be wildly off, the car downshifts when slowing down (auto obv) but keeps second gear until a set speed, we'll say 3 mph, then upon stopping the car it goes to first in anticipation of acceleration. Since I only notice the sound after accelerating through a "California roll" or rolling a stop sign I'm thinking the thump is the transmission dropping from second to first as I apply power.

Maybe....maybe I'm wrong but that's just what I'm thinking.

First rear wheel drive and first mustang so I'm probably wrong.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Buddy, I don't think that's a transmission problem because there is no shift when my problem happens. The tech also said its more like a drivetrain mechanical problem not a transmission one.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So u also notice that sound, right?
Yes but only if I'm watching for it. It's as if the driveshaft has play in it. And it happens most often at a rolling stop like the other poster just said.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderfreak145 View Post
Okay, a few more days driving the car and I've come to some realizations. First I definitely hear the little clunk sound, even with the radio up (it's a mechanic thump, not enough to bother but enough to hear it when you're looking for it).

I've realized that I only hear it when I'm rolling through a stop sign....that is I don't actually come to a complete stop.

Now here's my theory, and this might be wildly off, the car downshifts when slowing down (auto obv) but keeps second gear until a set speed, we'll say 3 mph, then upon stopping the car it goes to first in anticipation of acceleration. Since I only notice the sound after accelerating through a "California roll" or rolling a stop sign I'm thinking the thump is the transmission dropping from second to first as I apply power.

Maybe....maybe I'm wrong but that's just what I'm thinking.

First rear wheel drive and first mustang so I'm probably wrong.
Try taking off without it down shifting. I bet it stays in second and still does it.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No it wasn't my car. Just imagine the feeling on ur car get a lot bigger and noticeable. So it accompanied with a slug and bump feeling. Intuitively, it feels like the brake still slightly trap the car for 0.5 sec when I start to accelerate or so even though there is nothing wrong with the brake. And mine problem happens only when car is warmed up.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Maybe I need to have the 3rd dealer to check the car without telling them my experience with the first 2 dealers. I wonder if changing the shock or grease the driveshaft will fix it.
I put some flui in my rear end and fixed my breather valve, it fixed it for a while and now it still does it but is less noticeable.

So, what gears are we all running for this problem? I'm running 2.73 automatic.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Mine 2.73. Put some fluid in the rear end can temporarily fix it?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
v6 mustang