ghost cam - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
We have played around with the V6 ghost cam idea, however as of right now there's no plans of releasing this option. That may change though, I'll definitely get this sent over to the Bama team! If anything changes, I'll be sure to let you know!
-Dan
Hi Dan, here was my idea I asked about this in a different post. My idea for a Ghost cam would be one you can turn on and off. This gets rid of drive ability issues while fetching stuff at the store, running gas into cats and clogin' them up etc.

Some combo of inputs into the PCM would trigger the ghost cam on and off. Similar to how you have to hold your Traction control switch down 5 secs while you put your left foot in and shake it all about to turn off all the Stab and Trac controls.

You would only turn it on when you felt like it.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
The switchable tune thing has been discussed but has not come to light as of yet. Because your idle table has been changed in the programming you have to access the ECU to load the new parameters. Doing this requires you to unlock the ECU and for that you need an OBD2 device (like a tuner). I also don't think the ECU will unlock while the car is running and honestly you wouldn't want to as you could completely destroy your engine since so much is computer controlled. The best and only way to switch tunes safely at this point is to hook up your tuner and load a whole new tune.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:53 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I have a MPT ghost cam tune. It is also a performance tune. I liked the tune so much, i ordered the same tune without the ghost cam idle. The MPT $75 tunes pull just as hard as my $200 Evolution Performance tune..........Just saying...
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
The switchable tune thing has been discussed but has not come to light as of yet. Because your idle table has been changed in the programming you have to access the ECU to load the new parameters. Doing this requires you to unlock the ECU and for that you need an OBD2 device (like a tuner). I also don't think the ECU will unlock while the car is running and honestly you wouldn't want to as you could completely destroy your engine since so much is computer controlled. The best and only way to switch tunes safely at this point is to hook up your tuner and load a whole new tune.
good points I had not thought about, thanks.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang