nitrous - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
nitrous

lookin for a bit of boost...if I get a system will I have to do any expensive prep? is it safe on the 6? and will I see a significant gain?
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-25-2013, 01:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
lookin for a bit of boost...if I get a system will I have to do any expensive prep? is it safe on the 6? and will I see a significant gain?
Soooo before i start helping out bro i need to know what u got in ur car so far? Intake? Tune? Gears? Tires?
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
There are a few people here in FL doing it. I think most of them are shooting 50 and 75 shots. Seems to me that there handling it well, mostly has to do with a good tune. I think I'm going to do a zex blackout kit myself.

CAI
tune
3.73 gears
Drive shaft ordered
Will add cat deletes and LCA with the order

Need to find someone that can go a good tune. Also, where did you tap for fuel and what line on the TB outputs control voltage?

What kit are you running?
__________________
"Turn the mic back on" -Winston Churchill
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Soooo before i start helping out bro i need to know what u got in ur car so far? Intake? Tune? Gears? Tires?
bama race tune. 3.73 gears. C & L intake. BBK throttle body. aluminum driveshaft. LCA. UCA
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

bama race tune. 3.73 gears. C & L intake. BBK throttle body. aluminum driveshaft. LCA. UCA
Thats a pretty good mod list bro! U running stock 225 rear wheels? They will spin like crazy with gears and Nitrous cuz they new ZEX kits like i have go off the Throttle Positioning Sensor. Basically at WOT the NOS will begin to Spray.

I have 4.10 gears and my tires spun already because of them but with spray holy hell do they spin. At the track i barley hook before 3rd gear. And i have Nitto's 555's.

Your going to need a New tunes for ur car for NOS or you will melt a whole in ur engine.

I have two tunes. 93R with 50/75/100/125 shots
And my 93H with 50/75/100/125 shots.

I personally bought the Zex Wet system for the previous model V6 because they didn't make it yet for the 3.7L but now they do so i would personally recommend that kit!

Install is fairly easy. Mount the tank in the correct position in the trunk where the spare is, run the NOS tubing through either the cabin into the firewall like me or drill a whole in ur trunk and run it below the car. Then run it to the fuel tap line ZEX sends you, then to the control box and one line for fuel to the control box. Then the two hoses go into the V-Spray Connector with your jets. Then you simply splice ur TPS line with the line to the control box. Connect the positive and negative leads of the control box which puts it in learning mode. This is where u need to have ur intake off so you can manually open the throttle to full WOT to teach the control box when to engage. Thats it.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
There are a few people here in FL doing it. I think most of them are shooting 50 and 75 shots. Seems to me that there handling it well, mostly has to do with a good tune. I think I'm going to do a zex blackout kit myself.

CAI
tune
3.73 gears
Drive shaft ordered
Will add cat deletes and LCA with the order

Need to find someone that can go a good tune. Also, where did you tap for fuel and what line on the TB outputs control voltage?

What kit are you running?
I personally just went with Bamma Tunes. They work for now so i see no reason why it wouldn't work for you bro. Also idk the correct wire for the TPS but ill take a pic later today for you.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Thats a pretty good mod list bro! U running stock 225 rear wheels? They will spin like crazy with gears and Nitrous cuz they new ZEX kits like i have go off the Throttle Positioning Sensor. Basically at WOT the NOS will begin to Spray.

I have 4.10 gears and my tires spun already because of them but with spray holy hell do they spin. At the track i barley hook before 3rd gear. And i have Nitto's 555's.

Your going to need a New tunes for ur car for NOS or you will melt a whole in ur engine.

I have two tunes. 93R with 50/75/100/125 shots
And my 93H with 50/75/100/125 shots.

I personally bought the Zex Wet system for the previous model V6 because they didn't make it yet for the 3.7L but now they do so i would personally recommend that kit!

Install is fairly easy. Mount the tank in the correct position in the trunk where the spare is, run the NOS tubing through either the cabin into the firewall like me or drill a whole in ur trunk and run it below the car. Then run it to the fuel tap line ZEX sends you, then to the control box and one line for fuel to the control box. Then the two hoses go into the V-Spray Connector with your jets. Then you simply splice ur TPS line with the line to the control box. Connect the positive and negative leads of the control box which puts it in learning mode. This is where u need to have ur intake off so you can manually open the throttle to full WOT to teach the control box when to engage. Thats it.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------



I personally just went with Bamma Tunes. They work for now so i see no reason why it wouldn't work for you bro. Also idk the correct wire for the TPS but ill take a pic later today for you.
yeah. I have stock tires that come with the premium package whatever that is n they spin bad but the LCA controlled it a bit. I plan on getting new staggered wheels In which I'd probably go with nitto tires. and ok so tuning is the big thing I gotta worry about. and you recommend Zex? ill look into that! thanks for the extensive reply! helped alot!
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

yeah. I have stock tires that come with the premium package whatever that is n they spin bad but the LCA controlled it a bit. I plan on getting new staggered wheels In which I'd probably go with nitto tires. and ok so tuning is the big thing I gotta worry about. and you recommend Zex? ill look into that! thanks for the extensive reply! helped alot!
I wanna be thorough bro so u know everything before u jump the gun like i did bro.

If u dont have UPA then that LCA is useless honestly. And yes if u dont get a tune for the shots ur running u WILL BURN A WHOLE IN UR ENGINE haha that being said, just go with Bamma tunes bro
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

I wanna be thorough bro so u know everything before u jump the gun like i did bro.

If u dont have UPA then that LCA is useless honestly. And yes if u dont get a tune for the shots ur running u WILL BURN A WHOLE IN UR ENGINE haha that being said, just go with Bamma tunes bro
what is UPA again? I drew a blank...
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

what is UPA again? I drew a blank...
Upper control arm lol id get adjustable for both LCA and UCA
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Upper control arm lol id get adjustable for both LCA and UCA
haha Ight bro. this sounds stupid but I've never dealt with nitrous before...is there like a switch or something to engage the nitrous?...lmao
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

haha Ight bro. this sounds stupid but I've never dealt with nitrous before...is there like a switch or something to engage the nitrous?...lmao
Hahaha na the ZEX system is dope. It engages at full WOT basically full throttle and there is a switch to turn off the system and on for daily driving lol u dont wanna be spraying just flooring it on the streets hahaha
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Hahaha na the ZEX system is dope. It engages at full WOT basically full throttle and there is a switch to turn off the system and on for daily driving lol u dont wanna be spraying just flooring it on the streets hahaha
would you be able to smoke a 5.0 with it?
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

would you be able to smoke a 5.0 with it?
We do now lol mostly cuz of my 4.10 gears. But i can only beat like stock 5.0's with maybe just an intake a tune anything beyond that still beats me but not by much
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

We do now lol mostly cuz of my 4.10 gears. But i can only beat like stock 5.0's with maybe just an intake a tune anything beyond that still beats me but not by much
well with all that I have I smoke 4.6s but I raced my friends 2013 5.0 with tune intake and 3.31 gears and I lost by almkst a car length. if I had this nitrous should I be able to beat him. [removed due to content]
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
I didn't know Bama had nitro tunes... Cool. How does your tune run when your not on the spray? I'm sure there are some adjustments made in the tune for the NO2 in the top end, how does the car act when you punch it with a nitro tune loaded but don't spray?
__________________
"Turn the mic back on" -Winston Churchill
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
I didn't know Bama had nitro tunes... Cool. How does your tune run when your not on the spray? I'm sure there are some adjustments made in the tune for the NO2 in the top end, how does the car act when you punch it with a nitro tune loaded but don't spray?
It hiccups but continues normally, like it acts like its waiting for the spray but no spray lol its like waiting like whenever u wanna spray bro hahaha
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
You swap spark plugs as well?
__________________
"Turn the mic back on" -Winston Churchill
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
You swap spark plugs as well?
No one makes colder spark plugs so im just checking my plugs after every race and i change them every other bottle fill up
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
curtin1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 964
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Let's see some pics I didn't even hear you where getting the kit lol.
__________________
Corey
curtin1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:24 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtin1991 View Post
Let's see some pics I didn't even hear you where getting the kit lol.
Hahaa i got it 3 weeks ago
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:43 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
please don't just slap on some UCA's without torque box reinforcments....
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:46 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
please don't just slap on some UCA's without torque box reinforcments....
Lol i got both LCA and UCA both adjustable
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Lol i got both LCA and UCA both adjustable
good luck with that after a few good passes
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

good luck with that after a few good passes
HPS adjusted it all for the track and then readjusts my car when i leave. They sponsored me because ive been getting all my parts installed for me. All they do is build drag cars so ima go with what they recommend not you, no offense or anything bro just rather take advise from a shop that builds and races drag cars for a living
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:02 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
HPS adjusted it all for the track and then readjusts my car when i leave. They sponsored me because ive been getting all my parts installed for me. All they do is build drag cars so ima go with what they recommend not you, no offense or anything bro just rather take advise from a shop that builds and races drag cars for a living
yeah i can tell you don't do your own work let me know how those tq boxes are holding up after a dozen more of those "12" second passes ok.

@op..i do reccommend reinforcing the tq boxes with any UCA addition....doesn't matter whether tubular or boxed design, spereical or sold bushing...always reinforce
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:20 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

yeah i can tell you don't do your own work let me know how those tq boxes are holding up after a dozen more of those "12" second passes ok.

@op..i do reccommend reinforcing the tq boxes with any UCA addition....doesn't matter whether tubular or boxed design, spereical or sold bushing...always reinforce
Hahaha ive done about 3 dozen passes hahaha so yea sure buddy lemme know when i should start to worry. No need to reinforce if u aint driving a big *** shelby.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Hahaha ive done about 3 dozen passes hahaha so yea sure buddy lemme know when i should start to worry. No need to reinforce if u aint driving a big *** shelby.
**** it ima make my mustang like the one from death race 3
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:21 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Hahaha ive done about 3 dozen passes hahaha so yea sure buddy lemme know when i should start to worry. No need to reinforce if u aint driving a big *** shelby.
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Didnt work. All i see is the guy from heros looking like he's picking up a phone call
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:23 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Didnt work. All i see is the guy from heros looking like he's picking up a phone call
try getting on a computer and not your phone

well i'm out...unless OP has any other questions
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:28 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

try getting on a computer and not your phone

well i'm out...unless OP has any other questions
Eh i dont wanna be in front of a computer all night AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Eh i dont wanna be in front of a computer all night AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT!
except all you post from is your iphone
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:40 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

except all you post from is your iphone
Like i said i don't wanna be in front of the computer this way i can watch death race and reply its a win win buddy
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
I think I got my questions answered. thanks alot Charlie santos and slo! this was a funny thread btw! lmao
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #34
Registered Member

Regular
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 1,225
Don't rely upon the Zex NMU to be accurate reading WOT. Get a window switch. I had it on my 2006 and had the system armed as I was lining up. Did pre-stage, brought the RPM up to 1,500 to stage and the NMU read me as being at WOT and fired off.

Got the window switch installed after that so that the signal was blocked from the NMU until I was over 2,400 rpm. You don't want to be spraying too low in the rpm because you will find another "window" opening in the block.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Don't rely upon the Zex NMU to be accurate reading WOT. Get a window switch. I had it on my 2006 and had the system armed as I was lining up. Did pre-stage, brought the RPM up to 1,500 to stage and the NMU read me as being at WOT and fired off.

Got the window switch installed after that so that the signal was blocked from the NMU until I was over 2,400 rpm. You don't want to be spraying too low in the rpm because you will find another "window" opening in the block.
Idk about your system back then bro but i can see my rpm jump when the spray engages and ican tell you that the new zex system does not engage until my foot is down on the pedal bro.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
nitrous

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:36 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.