bbk catted vs. offroad x pipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
bbk catted vs. offroad x pipe

what is the power difference between these two and is it significant?
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
what is the power difference between these two and is it significant?
I hear from people on this forum claim the catted x pipe is almost identical when it comes to Dyno numbers. I'm going to buy the off road x pipe because its a lot less money and where I live they do not have emission testing. If I lived in an area that did have emission testing then I would buy the catted x pipe a spend 3 times more for it. Do you have yearly emission testing where you live? If yes, then your best bet is to buy the catted x pipe.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

yeah bro. I live in Texas unfortunately
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No biggie bro. Go for the catted pipe. Your power is going to be increased just the same but at least you will pass emissions. Some parts of Maryland have yearly emission testing. I just happen to live in a rural county of the state where we don't have yearly emission testing. That's the only reason I'm putting on the off road x pipe. If I ever move to a state with emission testing I will have to remove the off road x pipe and bite the bullet on a catted high flowing x pipe. I don't plan on moving out of the state for many years.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If in El Paso i can pass you. I personally have the catted cuz i got my headers and xpipe cheap as **** lol
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

If in El Paso i can pass you. I personally have the catted cuz i got my headers and xpipe cheap as **** lol
If I could get the catted cheap too then I would get them. Have you seen the price difference in the x pipe off road to the catted x pipe . Omg, like 3 times much. Heck no. I don't care if the cats are made with having platinum in them. It ain't no ring. Lol F dat stuff lol.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

If I could get the catted cheap too then I would get them. Have you seen the price difference in the x pipe off road to the catted x pipe . Omg, like 3 times much. Heck no. I don't care if the cats are made with having platinum in them. It ain't no ring. Lol F dat stuff lol.
U can do what my buddy did to make his mid pipe legal. Buy high flow cats from magnaflow
Old 02-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

U can do what my buddy did to make his mid pipe legal. Buy high flow cats from magnaflow
See , I don't really need the cats because I don't have yearly emission testing. I never have to go through emissions so having the off road x pipe isn't a issue for me personally but if someone did have emission testing , then the high flowing catted x pipe would be the way to go. The cats just really clog up and keep a lot of HP and torque from escaping. Once those cats come off and stock manifolds are gone, the engine can really push out that air fast causing your HP and torque to increase. The cats really lock away some great extra power the car has but because of emission standards they are on there
Old 02-27-2013, 04:13 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
its somewhere around 2-6 more torque with off road pipes compared to catted x pipe. And from all the youtube videos i have seen i think the off road pipes make your exhaust pop more or sound more raspy thats why i went the catted x pipe route. I actually have to turn off my o2 sensor in the cat cause the headers make the car run more rich and burn out the o2 sensors quicker.
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
willb2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:18 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willb2305 View Post
its somewhere around 2-6 more torque with off road pipes compared to catted x pipe. And from all the youtube videos i have seen i think the off road pipes make your exhaust pop more or sound more raspy thats why i went the catted x pipe route. I actually have to turn off my o2 sensor in the cat cause the headers make the car run more rich and burn out the o2 sensors quicker.
Ur running rich issue can be fixed with a data log. Thats how my car was at first when i checked my A/F with the data logging software sct has and then just told bamma about it. They asked for a new data log and they fixed my A/F

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang