Throttle lag - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:46 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Throttle lag

So I read if you press down the break and hold the advance trac button, it will turn it off and take away that two second delay. I went out and tried it, there was noticeable difference and I liked it. Thing is; the AT will turn back on when i start the car up again later. Will a TB remove the lag or is this something my tuner can take care of?
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 03:09 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamp1 View Post
So I read if you press down the break and hold the advance trac button, it will turn it off and take away that two second delay. I went out and tried it, there was noticeable difference and I liked it. Thing is; the AT will turn back on when i start the car up again later. Will a TB remove the lag or is this something my tuner can take care of?
Dont waste money on a TB unless you have a full exhaust, intake and Tune. A tuner can fix ur throttle response.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Dont waste money on a TB unless you have a full exhaust, intake and Tune. A tuner can fix ur throttle response.
+1
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
It looks like he has a tune though... Is this correct, Adamp1?

Throttle response is the biggest con about my automatic trans. I know a tune would correct some of it, but I bought the extended warranty and really don't want to pay for something that is going to be voided. ahhhhhhahhh

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
It looks like he has a tune though... Is this correct, Adamp1?

Throttle response is the biggest con about my automatic trans. I know a tune would correct some of it, but I bought the extended warranty and really don't want to pay for something that is going to be voided. ahhhhhhahhh
Yes that is correct! I have it on the 87 performance tune right now. I have the Steeda CAI, Magna flow Mufflers, and the 3.73 Gears. So although I noticed a difference in my car, I was a bit disappointed when I still had that lag. I read it was a safety measure and to get rid of it I needed to take the advanctrac off.

Will I need another tune then that will take off the advanctrac or should I use a different octane.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes that is correct! I have it on the 87 performance tune right now. I have the Steeda CAI, Magna flow Mufflers, and the 3.73 Gears. So although I noticed a difference in my car, I was a bit disappointed when I still had that lag. I read it was a safety measure and to get rid of it I needed to take the advanctrac off.

Will I need another tune then that will take off the advanctrac or should I use a different octane.
No need to disable advancetrac just ask bamma for the most aggressive throttle response they can make you.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
No need to disable advancetrac just ask bamma for the most aggressive throttle response they can make you.
I just got off the phone with them and they said I can request their "hybrid tune" The Lag will not go away completely but it will give a more aggressive response at lower RPMS. Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I just got off the phone with them and they said I can request their "hybrid tune" The Lag will not go away completely but it will give a more aggressive response at lower RPMS. Thanks for the advice.
No problem bro. I have a hybrid tune and told them i want it to have the most aggressive throttle response they can make me.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:33 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I felt a little difference In the TR. but I wasn't impressed. Should I drive it for a bit before making a final judgement?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang