BBK Shorty headers - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sanguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 1,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
I have seen Turbo Set ups that ran off the stock manifolds as well as some that came with there own headers, personally I would rather have the system that used its own header for flow purposes.
Thing is, turbos don't really care that much. If you're doing some insane hp build, yeah. However, our blocks without forged parts would snap before you ever got any benefit from running a turbo header.
__________________
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob


'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Bro its on American muscle lol btw I am selling mine for 300 compared to 450+ on american muscle
X pipe or lt&x?
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

F those shorties. I've been rolling a shorty my whole life and I was tired of it. That's why I got me a long one.. The ladies hate the shorty bro. Just saying. Ba ha ha haha
hahaha I feel ya on that. I already have long tubes. I was jw.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

X pipe or lt&x?
Xpipe where did u get itsx from wtf lol
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Xpipe where did u get itsx from wtf lol
^ umm random? I got my iTSX from AM.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Adamp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Marina
Region: California
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Bro its on American muscle lol btw I am selling mine for 300 compared to 450+ on american muscle
So I have the stock exhaust all I need is a catted x pipe and lt headers and I'm good? You have a pic?
__________________
2012 V6 AUTOMATIC 3.7 / MAGNA FLOW MUFFLERS / 3.73 GEARS / STEEDA CAI / 91HYBRID OCTANE TUNE / STRUT BAR / GUNMETAL MATTE METALLIC RACING STRIPE / BBK SHORTY HEADERS / BBK 73MM THROTTLE BODY
Adamp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

^ umm random? I got my iTSX from AM.
Nvm I read itsx not lt&x looks the same lol
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Nvm I read itsx not lt&x looks the same lol
^ has issues
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

^ has issues
If u learned to add spaces where needed I wouldnt have gotten confused lol btw I got some pypes from a friend that got sponsored by magnaflow he gave me his pypes free. Just gotta have them welded on since I had straight pipes welded on lol
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

If u learned to add spaces where needed I wouldnt have gotten confused lol btw I got some pypes from a friend that got sponsored by magnaflow he gave me his pypes free. Just gotta have them welded on since I had straight pipes welded on lol
Lol I got my new pypes today too

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

You ever notice that we turn every thread into a pypes thread
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Lol I got my new pypes today too

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

You ever notice that we turn every thread into a pypes thread
Lmfao I know!! Hahahaha
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
All I can say is if I were going to do headers, it would be the shorties, long tubes are nice but even with a catted X-Pipe the car would never pass a visual inspection in most states.
Long Tube note
VS the Short Tube note
I live in a State where parts already have emission testing and the full state is not far behind, After fighting with the state of California more than 25 years ago about emission controls I will leave the stock Emissions in place. I am not going to change it back for emissions.
To all that are running High Flow Cats or Catless good luck and I hope you keep all of your old parts.
I'm in Alabama. No one cares. Just have to have a muffler. Plus the x pipe is just so damn raspy

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Nope
I've seen under on on AM. It was definitely custom.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

I'm in Alabama. No one cares. Just have to have a muffler. Plus the x pipe is just so damn raspy

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------



I've seen under on on AM. It was definitely custom.
Nope lol
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Nope lol
I'm not going your route of resonators. It's an H for sure. But I've decided to go catback magnaflow. The headers are almost too much pop for such a mellow exhaust.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

I'm not going your route of resonators. It's an H for sure. But I've decided to go catback magnaflow. The headers are almost too much pop for such a mellow exhaust.
A friend just cut the x and added a H and it was better but we found rasp to still be present it was only like 15% less rasp. He ended up adding resonators lol it took off a great amount of rasp now it sound insane it sounds better than my buddies 07 shelby with straight pipes.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

I'm not going your route of resonators. It's an H for sure. But I've decided to go catback magnaflow. The headers are almost too much pop for such a mellow exhaust.
I got ahold of a friends stock Hpipe off his 5.0 same dude I got ny resonators from and were gna get it cut and fitted to my headers and OTA pipes
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:20 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Lol I got my new pypes today too

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

You ever notice that we turn every thread into a pypes thread
Pypes gang strikes again! Haha.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:35 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Pypes gang strikes again! Haha.
We go hard
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

We go hard
Yup! Haha.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

We go hard
I got two sets now, does that make me the pypes god?
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

I got two sets now, does that make me the pypes god?
Quad pype exhaust?? Yup makes u king of the pypes! Lmao.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

A friend just cut the x and added a H and it was better but we found rasp to still be present it was only like 15% less rasp. He ended up adding resonators lol it took off a great amount of rasp now it sound insane it sounds better than my buddies 07 shelby with straight pipes.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------



I got ahold of a friends stock Hpipe off his 5.0 same dude I got ny resonators from and were gna get it cut and fitted to my headers and OTA pipes
Well we are a v6...

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

I got two sets now, does that make me the pypes god?
They were mine. Enjoy dat black
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Well we are a v6...

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------



They were mine. Enjoy dat black
Im just saying that even an Hpipe wont fix the rasp just a bit. But it did make the tone deeper
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitelightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Im just saying that even an Hpipe wont fix the rasp just a bit. But it did make the tone deeper
Thus me saying I want low n loud.
__________________
Any Speed over 55 mph may kill you... that's why i drive 60
Whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Well we are a v6...

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------



They were mine. Enjoy dat black
I will.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Quad pype exhaust?? Yup makes u king of the pypes! Lmao.
Haha I wish.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Quad pype exhaust?? Yup makes u king of the pypes! Lmao.
Damnit , now you got me contemplating taking these to an exhaust shop and gettin these custom welded quad pype-bombs
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

I will.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------



Haha I wish.
Why dont u have a shop make a quad pypes exhaust it would prolly cost 80-120 total and you would literally be one of a kind and the pypes king
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Why dont u have a shop make a quad pypes exhaust it would prolly cost 80-120 total and you would literally be one of a kind and the pypes king
I know I'm seriously considering it but that means I would have to buy another set of pypes ... Ugh bc I would want the two to be the same color. Who was that other person selling their polished pypes?
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

I know I'm seriously considering it buy that means I would have to buy another set of pypes ... Ugh bc I would want the two to be the same color. Who was that other person selling their polished pypes?
U could resolve the problem by just painting both of them black with the same paint
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

U could resolve the problem by just painting both of them black with the same paint
But I just bought a black set bc I don't want to paint them.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Lol

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

BTW I just posted this on another thread, but I thought you guys might enjoy the story


Stopped by the local O'Reilys to get some 2 cycle oil and a '13 3.7 was in the lot. So you know I'm like hmmm who's is that I come out and the guy is sitting in it, I give him the nod. As I'm backing out I assume he thought I was reving my exhaust at him, but I was just backing up at 1.5-2k rpms. (Obviously he didn't realize I have an O/R H-Pipe and pype-bombs ) So anyways, he looks over and revs his stock 3.7 at me and I glance over and WOT. He just dropped his head and looked the other way. Sucks I made him feel bad, but come on bro a stock 3.7 reving at me, I had to.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

But I just bought a black set bc I don't want to paint them.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Lol

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

BTW I just posted this on another thread, but I thought you guys might enjoy the story

Stopped by the local O'Reilys to get some 2 cycle oil and a '13 3.7 was in the lot. So you know I'm like hmmm who's is that I come out and the guy is sitting in it, I give him the nod. As I'm backing out I assume he thought I was reving my exhaust at him, but I was just backing up at 1.5-2k rpms. (Obviously he didn't realize I have an O/R H-Pipe and pype-bombs ) So anyways, he looks over and revs his stock 3.7 at me and I glance over and WOT. He just dropped his head and looked the other way. Sucks I made him feel bad, but come on bro a stock 3.7 reving at me, I had to.
Bro I do that to 5.0's lmfao
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Bro I do that to 5.0's lmfao
Yea, but he started it that's the funny part.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Damnit , now you got me contemplating taking these to an exhaust shop and gettin these custom welded quad pype-bombs
It's the king thing to do! Haha.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:44 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.