Airaid CAI and Bama Tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Airaid CAI and Bama Tuner

so I decided to get this combo but the only question I have on the tuner once i used it can i go back to the stock tune without the dealership knowing that it was tune? say for like a maintenance check up
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo55
so I decided to get this combo but the only question I have on the tuner once i used it can i go back to the stock tune without the dealership knowing that it was tune? say for like a maintenance check up
No, the sct tuner leaves a trace that they will see in the pcm. Wouldn't matter in the case of maintenance or a check-up. In the case of warranty work on the transmission, drivetrain or engine...that's a different ballgame.
NakedCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedCat View Post
No, the sct tuner leaves a trace that they will see in the pcm. Wouldn't matter in the case of maintenance or a check-up. In the case of warranty work on the transmission, drivetrain or engine...that's a different ballgame.
dam really?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Its not the tuner that would leave traces. Its the computer itself that actually logs ANYTIME something is plugged into the OBDII port. Even if u go to autozone to check the car it will log it. It will tell ford what was plugged in and if anything was altered.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

and kills the warranty huh?
Old 03-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo55 View Post
and kills the warranty huh?
Once tuned it will kill it. But not like suspension warranty or anything like that.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Its not the tuner that would leave traces. Its the computer itself that actually logs ANYTIME something is plugged into the OBDII port. Even if u go to autozone to check the car it will log it. It will tell ford what was plugged in and if anything was altered.
The diablosport tuners don't leave a trace though, if what I have read is correct? How do they get around it?
NakedCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The diablosport tuners don't leave a trace though, if what I have read is correct? How do they get around it?
There is no way they cant leave a trace. The PCM's are configured to record anything
Old 03-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

dam now im just scared to do anything to the car
Old 03-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Talk to your dealer. These tunes won't completely void a warranty. Call bama and get their input as well. I felt the same way but Bit the bullet and bought one. I don't plan on driving in the indie 500 anytime soon so I won't be going crazy on the public streets or freeways.

If I remember right; the void has to be result from the tune. But I get info from these threads, check with the dealer. That's the best option.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:22 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamp1 View Post
Talk to your dealer. These tunes won't completely void a warranty. Call bama and get their input as well. I felt the same way but Bit the bullet and bought one. I don't plan on driving in the indie 500 anytime soon so I won't be going crazy on the public streets or freeways.

If I remember right; the void has to be result from the tune. But I get info from these threads, check with the dealer. That's the best option.
Trust me ford has the smartest engineers and lawyers they can find a way to say ur new tune messed up anything u can think of thats connected to the computer
Old 03-03-2013, 05:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Trust me ford has the smartest engineers and lawyers they can find a way to say ur new tune messed up anything u can think of thats connected to the computer
+1
EricJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:

That doesn't mean they will USE the lawyers. If you talk to your dealership, they'll most likely understand, and if they will still void the warranty, they'll tell you straight up. They're not the enemy, they want your service.
Taylorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorations View Post

That doesn't mean they will USE the lawyers. If you talk to your dealership, they'll most likely understand, and if they will still void the warranty, they'll tell you straight up. They're not the enemy, they want your service.
No they want you to PAY FOR THEIR SERVICE. If u try and do a warranty claim and see you tuned your car, have fun arguing with your dealer because at some point the manager will get upset and just get ur computer out of ur car and just send it to ford engineering and have them plug it in and pull out every single log and write up a long *** essay on why the tune ruined your warranty. Obviously the tune wont effect suspension or anything that is not connected to the computer (which is almost everything so ur screwed)
Old 03-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

No they want you to PAY FOR THEIR SERVICE. If u try and do a warranty claim and see you tuned your car, have fun arguing with your dealer because at some point the manager will get upset and just get ur computer out of ur car and just send it to ford engineering and have them plug it in and pull out every single log and write up a long *** essay on why the tune ruined your warranty. Obviously the tune wont effect suspension or anything that is not connected to the computer (which is almost everything so ur screwed)
Dealers get paid to do warranty work. They like things to be covered under warranty because then they don't have to convince the customer to buy it. They will not go out of their way to void any warranty repair.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post

Dealers get paid to do warranty work. They like things to be covered under warranty because then they don't have to convince the customer to buy it. They will not go out of their way to void any warranty repair.
Trust me i have three friends that work at two dealers here. They see ppls cars get sent home because ford has deemed there car void. Changing the stereo will void your electronics warranty. I went to three dealerships here to see what they thought about it and they said do it at ur own will but dony expect ford to fix ur car when it messes something up. Even tho stereo upgrades are just plug and play now. If its a big problem thats going to cost ford money they will just void your warranty and give you a write up on why. If you don't like it they will rip out your computer send it to fords engineering department and have them dissect it for any information on what could potentially lead to mechanical failure of the car.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Trust me i have three friends that work at two dealers here. They see ppls cars get sent home because ford has deemed there car void. Changing the stereo will void your electronics warranty. I went to three dealerships here to see what they thought about it and they said do it at ur own will but dony expect ford to fix ur car when it messes something up. Even tho stereo upgrades are just plug and play now. If its a big problem thats going to cost ford money they will just void your warranty and give you a write up on why. If you don't like it they will rip out your computer send it to fords engineering department and have them dissect it for any information on what could potentially lead to mechanical failure of the car.
I work in the service department at a ford dealer and these scares of voided warranties are so overblown. I won't say it's not possible but I've never seen any warranty repair denied because of a tune. Maybe dealerships where you live don't like getting paid but I promise techs love doing repairs under warranty and will not try to find a reason why it won't be covered.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I work in the service department at a ford dealer and these scares of voided warranties are so overblown. I won't say it's not possible but I've never seen any warranty repair denied because of a tune. Maybe dealerships where you live don't like getting paid but I promise techs love doing repairs under warranty and will not try to find a reason why it won't be covered.
All three dealers here in El Paso tx and back in chandler az stated a tune will void so many things on my car so for me to do it was not a smart plan.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote:

I need a service department like yours here hahaha
Old 03-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #19
Admin

Supporter
Admin

It's always best to talk with your local dealership prior to any performance part install if you're concerned about a warranty.

There are many here that have stated their dealership has worked with them for warranty work, so long as the performance part was not directly at fault.

Again, discuss this with your dealership. You'll get many answers, but only you and your dealership agreement will count.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Oh my God you little girls. You're buying a tuner from one of the most reputable tuning companies in te world. You will be fine, you're warranty is shot on the drivetrain mostly and you shouldn't have a problem. Bama warranties their tunes so you are fine. Any problems with the car running weird? Call bama. They will fix it and send you a revised version of your tune.

It's not like you have a monkey screwing over your computer in your car. Have some faith in people.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Oh my God you little girls. You're buying a tuner from one of the most reputable tuning companies in te world. You will be fine, you're warranty is shot on the drivetrain mostly and you shouldn't have a problem. Bama warranties their tunes so you are fine. Any problems with the car running weird? Call bama. They will fix it and send you a revised version of your tune.

It's not like you have a monkey screwing over your computer in your car. Have some faith in people.
Hahahaa trust me it voids more than ur drivetrain. It can potentially void anything related to the pcm but i agree i have always found that bamma could fix my issues with my tunes
Old 03-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

Hahahaa trust me it voids more than ur drivetrain. It can potentially void anything related to the pcm but i agree i have always found that bamma could fix my issues with my tunes
So why are we here panicking and kicking the dirt over the warranty. You're going to be a happy man with the tune that when some brings up warranty youll smile and said hell with warranty. I love having fun
Old 03-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So why are we here panicking and kicking the dirt over the warranty. You're going to be a happy man with the tune that when some brings up warranty youll smile and said hell with warranty. I love having fun
Im just telling ppl what will happen to their warranty i personally voided my warranty within the first 10k miles hahaha
Old 03-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #24
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
OP,

I recommend talking with your local Ford Dealer's Service Manager. Tell him or her what you're interested in and how they deal with these situations. You may find out they don't mind Bama tuners or they don't support any aftermarket modifications. That's why it's best to check with them before you make any decisions.

Good luck! Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:

Because trust him bro. He's right simply because its personally happened to him, and every dealership in the entire world is exactly alike.
Taylorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #26

Region: Canada
When i got my car i got the extended warranty, a couple of days later I saw that getting a tune could void my warranty so I went back to dealer to cancel the extension telling them that I wanted to mod my car so why pay for something that would be canceled anyway. They told me there would be no problem and that my warranty would be void only if my tune/ mod directly cause the issue and only to the affected parts.
Daffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffire View Post
When i got my car i got the extended warranty, a couple of days later I saw that getting a tune could void my warranty so I went back to dealer to cancel the extension telling them that I wanted to mod my car so why pay for something that would be canceled anyway. They told me there would be no problem and that my warranty would be void only if my tune/ mod directly cause the issue and only to the affected parts.
My dealer pretty much said the same thing. Now driving 100 mph with loud music and talking on the phone may void your warranty.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffire View Post
Wait I got the extended warranty to now that I think about it I'm going to mod my car too is it to late to take off the extended warranty I still haven't got my plates?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo55 View Post

Wait I got the extended warranty to now that I think about it I'm going to mod my car too is it to late to take off the extended warranty I still haven't got my plates?
Go talk to them
Old 03-06-2013, 01:00 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I voided my warranty at 1700 miles you will be fine. I've learned warrantys aren't worth the money anyways. Have had the on three cars went over 100000 miles with no work ever. Trust Bama they are awesome and worth it
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #31
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

I've got the extended warranty too. My engine and suspension has long since been void but everything else is still covered!
I just recently had my airbag light come on at 41K miles. My factory warranty is done so my extended warranty picked up the tab. They replaced the passenger side airbag, harness and airbag dash cover. Total was like $1,400 & some change.
If I didn't have my warranty that light woulda been flashing until the bulb burned out.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai