Striping package for my Kona Blue 11 sixer - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Here are some pictures of my new striping package on my pony. Hope you like. The striping was just installed today along with BBK headers and off road x pipe.



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-147718390.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	93864



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2060132150.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	321.3 KB
ID:	93865



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3437337560.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	331.9 KB
ID:	93866



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1620474130.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	428.0 KB
ID:	93867



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4272258397.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	93868



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2740259442.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	93869
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
cheelyb09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Here are some pictures of my new striping package on my pony. Hope you like. The striping was just installed today along with BBK headers and off road x pipe.
Looks good.great color combo.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Melbourne
Region: Florida
Posts: 73
Looks good. Love the uniqueness. You took the boss style and sixxed it up! How does it sound?

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Is your front windshield tinted?
__________________
2013 V6 Premium MT "Black Betty"
Electronics Package, Comfort Package
3.31, Airaid CAI, BAMA 93 Race Tune
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Looks good. Love the uniqueness. You took the boss style and sixxed it up! How does it sound?
Thanks everybody for the kind words. I was hoping to get some uniqueness but in our v6 flair. I love the boss striping and figured why not put it on my Kona. The headers and off road x pipe are freaking loud. Love it, they sound great with the Flowmaster axle back exhaust system I have. No real drone but the exhaust is loud with no cats on. I can't believe it can give that tone for a v6. Love it.

The striping kit was a great price. I bought it off of ebay for 114 dollars for side and hood kit. Real nice quality and the cut was perfect fit.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Looks good. Love the uniqueness. You took the boss style and sixxed it up! How does it sound?

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Is your front windshield tinted?
Yes, windshield tinted 50% and there is a 10% visor tint just below the as1 line. I love it
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Melbourne
Region: Florida
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Thanks everybody for the kind words. I was hoping to get some uniqueness but in our v6 flair. I love the boss striping and figured why not put it on my Kona. The headers and off road x pipe are freaking loud. Love it, they sound great with the Flowmaster axle back exhaust system I have. No real drone but the exhaust is loud with no cats on. I can't believe it can give that tone for a v6. Love it.

The striping kit was a great price. I bought it off of ebay for 114 dollars for side and hood kit. Real nice quality and the cut was perfect fit.
Wow that's a good deal. Glad your happy with the sound. I just got some axle back exhaust I'm putting on this week.
__________________
2013 V6 Premium MT "Black Betty"
Electronics Package, Comfort Package
3.31, Airaid CAI, BAMA 93 Race Tune
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post

Wow that's a good deal. Glad your happy with the sound. I just got some axle back exhaust I'm putting on this week.
Thats great! Get those mods. Lol. Which axle back system did you get?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
love it bro! very unique! how's the power on those headers and x pipe? any major difference?
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Melbourne
Region: Florida
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Thats great! Get those mods. Lol. Which axle back system did you get?
FRPP sport I heard one at my dealer and absolutely loved the tone and had to have it.
__________________
2013 V6 Premium MT "Black Betty"
Electronics Package, Comfort Package
3.31, Airaid CAI, BAMA 93 Race Tune
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Here are some pictures of my new striping package on my pony. Hope you like. The striping was just installed today along with BBK headers and off road x pipe.
Where did u get the kit?
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
love it bro! very unique! how's the power on those headers and x pipe? any major difference?
The power of the headers and off road x pipe is very noticeable. They really open the air flow up of the engine and exhaust and makes a crazy aggressive sound. I love it. The car is pulling harder at a stop light , plus mid and high range. The car is so freaking loud when flooring it and the throttle is open full.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post

FRPP sport I heard one at my dealer and absolutely loved the tone and had to have it.
Never heard there tone.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Where did u get the kit?
Off of eBay, both for 114 dollars total plus free shipping. Great quality of the 3m striping. The cut matched perfect to the car I love the 305 HP cut out. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
cheelyb09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

The power of the headers and off road x pipe is very noticeable. They really open the air flow up of the engine and exhaust and makes a crazy aggressive sound. I love it. The car is pulling harder at a stop light , plus mid and high range. The car is so freaking loud when flooring it and the throttle is open full.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------



Never heard there tone.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------



Off of eBay, both for 114 dollars total plus free shipping. Great quality of the 3m striping. The cut matched perfect to the car I love the 305 HP cut out. Lol
Did you put them on yourself.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheelyb09 View Post

Did you put them on yourself.
A buddy of mine that does tinting and auto work put it on. He said its not hard but very time consuming to put the stripes on. To get everything even and all the water and air out of the vinyl . It took him around 6 hours to do the entire striping today. It only took him 4 hours to put the headers and x pipe on last night. Lol.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
cheelyb09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

A buddy of mine that does tinting and auto work put it on. He said its not hard but very time consuming to put the stripes on. To get everything even and all the water and air out of the vinyl . It took him around 6 hours to do the entire striping today. It only took him 4 hours to put the headers and x pipe on last night. Lol.
Dang 6hrs.I don't think I have the patience. Lol.yours looks great though.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

The power of the headers and off road x pipe is very noticeable. They really open the air flow up of the engine and exhaust and makes a crazy aggressive sound. I love it. The car is pulling harder at a stop light , plus mid and high range. The car is so freaking loud when flooring it and the throttle is open full.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------



Never heard there tone.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------



Off of eBay, both for 114 dollars total plus free shipping. Great quality of the 3m striping. The cut matched perfect to the car I love the 305 HP cut out. Lol
Link, lol
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
EricJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal
Region: California
Posts: 124
Looks really good!
EricJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sanguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 1,623
It gets my seal of approval!
__________________
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob


'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Link, lol
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
It gets my seal of approval!
Well thank you kind sir.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
I purchased these two emblems prior to the striping. I'm not going to put them under the 227. I was thinking of on the trunk right side area above the tail light. Just the one. Maybe. Idk.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2902413400.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	93876

I do like this emblem as well but didn't order it yet. Lol



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3726504571.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	93877


I also ordered these tire valve stem covers. Now they are so bad a$$. I love them . Lol


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-937513359.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	93878
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I purchased these two emblems prior to the striping. I'm not going to put them under the 227. I was thinking of on the trunk right side area above the tail light. Just the one. Maybe. Idk.

I do like this emblem as well but didn't order it yet. Lol

I also ordered these tire valve stem covers. Now they are so bad a$$. I love them . Lol
Or u can send them my way? hahaha.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Here are some pictures of my new striping package on my pony. Hope you like. The striping was just installed today along with BBK headers and off road x pipe.
Love the striping!!! Looks really unique & I love the 227 & 305hp on it!!!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:32 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------



Well thank you kind sir.
Thanks for the links ima get them!!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Thanks for the links ima get them!!
Really. Oh sweet. I started something . Lmao. Just kidding. There really nice quality. The black striping package would look amazing on your white car bro. Charlie, on side note, the headers and off road x pipe are so freaking loud. Omg I freaking love it. I can't believe the car get that's tone with a v6 engine. Love it. A must have . Lol

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Or u can send them my way? hahaha.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------



Love the striping!!! Looks really unique & I love the 227 & 305hp on it!!!
Thanks so much. Now when driving down the road my pony stands out in the crowd. Really looks more aggressive than prior. Lol.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Really. Oh sweet. I started something . Lmao. Just kidding. There really nice quality. The black striping package would look amazing on your white car bro. Charlie, on side note, the headers and off road x pipe are so freaking loud. Omg I freaking love it. I can't believe the car get that's tone with a v6 engine. Love it. A must have . Lol

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------



Thanks so much. Now when driving down the road my pony stands out in the crowd. Really looks more aggressive than prior. Lol.
I wasn't kidding when i said LOUD hahaha lol depending if u like your exhaust tone u can make it deeper and a tiny tiny bit less loud by adding resonators. I would personally advise to add them if u went with the off road xpipe.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Really. Oh sweet. I started something . Lmao. Just kidding. There really nice quality. The black striping package would look amazing on your white car bro. Charlie, on side note, the headers and off road x pipe are so freaking loud. Omg I freaking love it. I can't believe the car get that's tone with a v6 engine. Love it. A must have . Lol

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------



Thanks so much. Now when driving down the road my pony stands out in the crowd. Really looks more aggressive than prior. Lol.
Yea it def stands out bro!!! Looks real aggressive!!! How do u like the performance gains from the lt headers & x pipe?
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

I wasn't kidding when i said LOUD hahaha lol depending if u like your exhaust tone u can make it deeper and a tiny tiny bit less loud by adding resonators. I would personally advise to add them if u went with the off road xpipe.
Do you recommend the kind that they drill a small hole in piping and put the resonators in?

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Yea it def stands out bro!!! Looks real aggressive!!! How do u like the performance gains from the lt headers & x pipe?
It seems to pull harder than before at mid to high range. I love it. The down low torque power is real great now because of the 3:73 gears. Real happy with the headers and off road x pipe. I may look into resonators to give it a more deeper tone but really no drone inside the cabin
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Charles , is the tone much deeper with the resonators to the point where its noticeable compared to without them. I wouldn't mind a more deeper tone
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Charles , is the tone much deeper with the resonators to the point where its noticeable compared to without them. I wouldn't mind a more deeper tone
Yes u will hear the amazing difference!! It will be 5X better. Much deeper like a V8

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Do you recommend the kind that they drill a small hole in piping and put the resonators in?

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------



It seems to pull harder than before at mid to high range. I love it. The down low torque power is real great now because of the 3:73 gears. Real happy with the headers and off road x pipe. I may look into resonators to give it a more deeper tone but really no drone inside the cabin
I recommend 5.0 take offs. There is a guy selling them in the parts section btw
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Yes u will hear the amazing difference!! It will be 5X better. Much deeper like a V8
How does one have the resinators installed? What is e process of installing them. What a 5.0 take off?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

How does one have the resinators installed? What is e process of installing them.
Just take them to a muffler shop. Tell them u wanna add them to ur exhaust. Tell them to put them on the piping after ur xpipe. Look up one of my YouTube videos u can see them where i have them welded
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
Can you take a vid? After all this hype I wanna hear it!
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #30
Registered User
Newbie
 
Daffire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: outaouais
Region: Canada
Posts: 17
I like the look! White on blue is really nice imo
Daffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post
Can you take a vid? After all this hype I wanna hear it!
Who?
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
MyLittlePwny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Passaic Cty
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 354
I think I've seen yours. You said you and your buddy are building 6's right? I remember you saying he has a ton of money too lolol

Cant wait to get my own 6 soon.
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Do you recommend the kind that they drill a small hole in piping and put the resonators in?

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------



It seems to pull harder than before at mid to high range. I love it. The down low torque power is real great now because of the 3:73 gears. Real happy with the headers and off road x pipe. I may look into resonators to give it a more deeper tone but really no drone inside the cabin
Sounds awesome bro glad ur happy with it!!!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:14 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.