Final details - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Final details

Well, the time is nigh! I found a great dealer who's willing to work out a decent deal on a factory order. If incentives come up between now and delivery I will get those too!

I've basically decided on everything, but there are a few things I'm hemming and hawing over, and I'd love any input regarding these few things.

First of all, the main order is as follows:

V6 Premium, Manual
Leather (in Canada leather is an option on the premium)
Pony or MCoA (dependant on colour)
Electronics package.

Here's what I'd like real-world advice on... ie. you've seen and/or used these things in person.

1) 3.31 or stock 2.73? - everyday driver, gas mileage is a small concern but mostly want smooth city driving. Not too feisty, not sluggish.

2) reverse/security package - what kind of security is it? Did your insurance go down having it? Any built in security or tracking on the car with electronics pack? Reverse sensing works well? Would backup camera be better? Do I even need this?

3) colour... Yes, I know, subjective preference. But I find pictures online and in person viewing to be different... ie. metallic hues under overcast sky. Three choices: race red, DI Blue, Ruby Red. Has anyone seen the ruby in person? On pictures it varies from brownish to plum, deep red to bright red. Hard to tell what I'd be getting due to bad white balancing :p. can anyone point me to pictures they feel
ACURATELY represent the car?

This factory order business is fun but sometimes hard to tell what you're getting if they don't have examples on the lot

Thanks for reading! If you made it this far you are a die hard forum user and mustang guru and I salute you .

Lem
Lemonart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
3.31 you will get great mileage, and it will help your car stop and go in the city better.

You will have better dead stop starting with those gears, the engine won't have to do a such work.

But on the highway you will
Have slightly worse mileage than 2.73.

You will be happier with the 3.31. It's not a crazy gear, but definitely a stronger gear than the 2.73.

I have the rear park sensor... Not the back up camera, but I really wish I did. The sensor is freaking awesome!!! It's saved my butt several times with the beep beep beeps! Especially backing outta parking spots.

If I had to choose one or the other I would choose the sensors.... Cuz I can always turn around and look. The sensors have a wide range and pick up bushes and other small items.

Of course I would love to have both! But the sensors definitely worth the money.

I have the security package, the only thing I noticed is a red LED blinking light at night, and it does go off its it's shook to much and what not...

I would go with DI blue! I have seen these in person, it is just beautiful deep deep blue! One of those colors you could constantly look at from all different angles!

I know I didn't answer all your questions! But I hope it helped!
DigitalBman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks! Ya, I think I'm leaning towards the 3.31.

Since my post I've eliminated the race red. I'm now between DI blue with saddle tan or Ruby Red with Stone.

I think I'd probably go with the rear sensors as opposed to the camera. It'll make the lines look better in the back and it seems redundant to have both. Then again, the camera is cheaper than sensors w/security. Think ill need more advice on this before making a decision. Thanks for sharing your personal experience, though! It helps.

Lem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Go with 3:31. I have a race red 13 in manual and am so glad I have 3:31 vs 2:73. 3:31 gives you plenty umph off the line without sacrificing gas mileage.

You cant go wrong with any color, but I would definitely go with race red. It is a really nice shade of red and really makes your pony stick out when cruising down the road.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

I also have the rear camera. I love it. It has come in handy more than once. It helps alot when backing in to a tight spot.
PBrown92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Well I would say both if you can swing it..... The rear visibility isn't too great, and every bit helps!

They both have advantages, and there ill be those times when you always think to yourself you should have Gotton the camera.... Even if you get the sensors.

You prolly won't miss the sensors, but I believe they have helped me more than a back up camera would have.

Go test drive one with the rear view camera and see what you think!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I've used the camera system on a Fusion before. It was slick. But ya, these "smaller" options all come down to price. I mean, each my themselves is relatively inexpensive but if you add them together its a whole new package... You got the 3 way clear coat if I go with ruby red, that's $300, then you add S&S for $700 and cam for another $350, 3.31 for $500 (Canadian pricing)... Gets a little nutty!

Lem
Old 03-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonart View Post
I've used the camera system on a Fusion before. It was slick. But ya, these "smaller" options all come down to price. I mean, each my themselves is relatively inexpensive but if you add them together its a whole new package... You got the 3 way clear coat if I go with ruby red, that's $300, then you add S&S for $700 and cam for another $350, 3.31 for $500 (Canadian pricing)... Gets a little nutty!

Lem
Dang.... Well I would go with S&S and gears.

Then if you don't go with the ruby red, throw in the cam.

I am partial to the blue!! I am just in love with that color!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang