New Exhaust - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

They do
Charlie, I looked on BBK's website and I even called them and they said they do not make a H pipe for their long tube headers. Only X pipe is available for Long tubes unless your talking a total custom job from muffler shop. A muffler shop will only make catted H pipes but they ain't making H with no cats. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Charlie, I looked on BBK's website and I even called them and they said they do not make a H pipe for their long tube headers
I think he was agreeing with you, meaning yes, "they do" lol
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post

I think he was agreeing with you, meaning yes, "they do" lol
No H pipe for long tubes. If they did, I would of bought it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No H pipe for long tubes. If they did, I would of bought it.
I think you're confused lol We are saying "they do" as in yes "they do" NEED to make H-pipes for headers
Old 03-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think you're confused lol We are saying "they do" as in yes "they do" NEED to make H-pipes for headers
Lmao. My bad. I'm always confused bro, lol
Old 03-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so based on the small write-up on AM in the FAQ I understand it like this:

LT headers need a shorty mid pipe..

I'll go with shorty headers (BBK most likely) since this is my DD, and then grab an H-Pipe with the ebay cats and the pype bombs axle back.

CAI/Tune as well.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Lmao. My bad. I'm always confused bro, lol
Lmao I was thinkin "this guy needs to stop correcting us, we are agreeing with him wtf" lol

Whats your setup lookin like Kona? I know you rock the X-Pipe lol
Old 03-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok so based on the small write-up on AM in the FAQ I understand it like this:

LT headers need a shorty mid pipe..

I'll go with shorty headers (BBK most likely) since this is my DD, and then grab an H-Pipe with the ebay cats and the pype bombs axle back.

CAI/Tune as well.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Lmao I was thinkin "this guy needs to stop correcting us, we are agreeing with him wtf" lol

Whats your setup lookin like Kona? I know you rock the X-Pipe lol
I figured Charlie had a hookup at BBK and he could get a off road H pipe, lol. My set up is running 91 Hybrid tune, Airraid CAI, 3:73 gears, one piece aluminum driveshaft and of course, BBK headers and off road X pipe, 20% tint on sides and rear window, 50% tint front windshield with 10 % visor strip down to the AS1 line.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I figured Charlie had a hookup at BBK and he could get a off road H pipe, lol. My set up is running 91 Hybrid tune, Airraid CAI, 3:73 gears, one piece aluminum driveshaft and of course, BBK headers and off road X pipe, 20% tint on sides and rear window, 50% tint front windshield with 10 % visor strip down to the AS1 line.
I checked and saw you post you have the flowmaster axle back. How do you like the sound / performance from those mods so far?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I checked and saw you post you have the flowmaster axle back. How do you like the sound / performance from those mods so far?
Yeah, I forgot to mention the Flowmaster Axle back Force II muffler's. Lol. I like the tone of them without the tips on. I do not care for the tips that come with them. I ordered different tips for them and waiting for them.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, I forgot to mention the Flowmaster Axle back Force II muffler's. Lol. I like the tone of them without the tips on. I do not care for the tips that come with them. I ordered different tips for them and waiting for them.
I'm hoping the Pyle bombs sound good. They're not overly deep but they're super aggressive. I know I can't get that v8 rumble so I'm just going for the meanest, nastiest, badass v6 I can make lol
Old 03-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm hoping the Pyle bombs sound good. They're not overly deep but they're super aggressive. I know I can't get that v8 rumble so I'm just going for the meanest, nastiest, badass v6 I can make lol
Bro, when you put headers and x or h pipe, your gonna get rumble. My set up sounds bad a$$ and very aggressive sounding to me. Lol
Old 03-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Bro, when you put headers and x or h pipe, your gonna get rumble. My set up sounds bad a$$ and very aggressive sounding to me. Lol
Well yeah, but never going to truly mimick a 5.0 and I don't intend to try.

The MRT interceptor axle back sounds kinda cool too...but I'm kinda set on Pype bombs for now.

The rest might not be for a while cause it will have to come with the tuner
Old 03-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well yeah, but never going to truly mimick a 5.0 and I don't intend to try.

The MRT interceptor axle back sounds kinda cool too...but I'm kinda set on Pype bombs for now.

The rest might not be for a while cause it will have to come with the tuner
I hear on the different forums the pypes axel backs are loud. I don't know this from any first hand knowledge. I think Flowmasters sound really good on mustangs.

Forget that 5.0, we got bad a$$ 3.7's that sound crazy good with the right set up.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Speaking of H mid pipes..do they make as much hp as x pipes??
Old 03-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Speaking of H mid pipes..do they make as much hp as x pipes??
I don't believe the H pipe makes as much HP as the X but I know my Jedi master Charlie has done dyno runs and compared them both. From the Jedi master himself, the x had just a few more HP but nothing of any big gains. But X will give you a bit more power
Old 03-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I hear on the different forums the pypes axel backs are loud. I don't know this from any first hand knowledge. I think Flowmasters sound really good on mustangs.

Forget that 5.0, we got bad a$$ 3.7's that sound crazy good with the right set up.
I hear ya man. Ill be getting the 3.7 emblems for sure. I'm proud to be a 3.7 owner and going to rep it every way I can. Just trying to say I'll be being a badass v6 and not trying to live in the shadows of the 5.0s like I see other people when they ask "How can I make my car sound like a 5.0"

One could probably just take this H-pipe :

Lethal Performance 3.7L V6 2.5" Offroad H-Pipe - Lethal Performance - Midpipes - Exhaust - 2011-2013 Mustang V6 3.7L

and have some high flow cats welded on if they were REALLY set on the H over X (which I'm not lol)

Nvm looks like they wont match up with other headers ( I think you told me this already )
Old 03-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I hear ya man. Ill be getting the 3.7 emblems for sure. I'm proud to be a 3.7 owner and going to rep it every way I can. Just trying to say I'll be being a badass v6 and not trying to live in the shadows of the 5.0s like I see other people when they ask "How can I make my car sound like a 5.0"

One could probably just take this H-pipe :

Lethal Performance 3.7L V6 2.5" Offroad H-Pipe - Lethal Performance - Midpipes - Exhaust - 2011-2013 Mustang V6 3.7L

and have some high flow cats welded on if they were REALLY set on the H over X (which I'm not lol)

Nvm looks like they wont match up with other headers ( I think you told me this already )
The H pipe will hook up to your stock manifolds or shorty headers which by the way are the same length as your already stock manifolds so the H pipe would connect to short headers. Why would someone want to spend money on shortly headers when your stock manifolds are the same thing when it comes to performance wise. Why waste the money on Shorty headers when it will do nothing for you performance wise. One would be way better off money wise to leave the stock manifolds on and just connect the H pipe to that. Assuming someone wanted a H pipe. I wanted BBK long tube headers and H pipe was not an option. I wasn't going to pay someone to weld on a catted H pipe to my BBK headers. I wanted off road piping because emission issues is of no concern where I live.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Y'all should all consider yourselves luck! Cause LTs sound sooo bad on the 4.0!
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The H pipe will hook up to your stock manifolds or shorty headers which by the way are the same length as your already stock manifolds so the H pipe would connect to short headers. Why would someone want to spend money on shortly headers when your stock manifolds are the same thing when it comes to performance wise. Why waste the money on Shorty headers when it will do nothing for you performance wise. One would be way better off money wise to leave the stock manifolds on and just connect the H pipe to that. Assuming someone wanted a H pipe. I wanted BBK long tube headers and H pipe was not an option. I wasn't going to pay someone to weld on a catted H pipe to my BBK headers. I wanted off road piping because emission issues is of no concern where I live.
So with a catted X pipe you recommend BBK LT headers eventually?
Old 03-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
Y'all should all consider yourselves luck! Cause LTs sound sooo bad on the 4.0!
Oh really. I have no idea on what LT's sound on the 4.0's. I know the 3.7, sounds loud and very nice tone to them. Very nice muscle car tone
Old 03-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

Oh really. I have no idea on what LT's sound on the 4.0's. I know the 3.7, sounds loud and very nice tone to them. Very nice muscle car tone
Well I take that back...LTs only sound good on the 4.0 with a catted h-pipe! Anything else like an x or catless sounds ricey
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't believe the H pipe makes as much HP as the X but I know my Jedi master Charlie has done dyno runs and compared them both. From the Jedi master himself, the x had just a few more HP but nothing of any big gains. But X will give you a bit more power
Interesting..the Jedi master strikes again! Nice!! Thanks!
Old 03-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
IM BACK!!!!! Hahaha okay so for a uncatted H-Pipe my muffler guy said he would charge me 120 since im always bringing mustangs to him for business he said he can get me some high flow catts for 25 each and have them put on and everything installed for 200 flat no tax.

Bro if u wanna be legal those shorty headers and lethal performance uncatted H-pipe sounds like a great idea honestly. But u will need a tuner to disable to error codes unless u buy the high flow catts. In that case its not required but u will want it trust me. With the new headers and mid pipe and CAI and Tune your car will be a whole new monster trust me i know haha

As for the X & H mid pipes dyno numbers. Yes i tested them when i used to have a lethal performance mid pipe. They literally were 2-4HP off from each other. It was all done on my car within one hr.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post

Well I take that back...LTs only sound good on the 4.0 with a catted h-pipe! Anything else like an x or catless sounds ricey
I guess some people may feel the x pipe is too ricey sounding on the 3.7 but personally on my set up I don't think its at all ricey. Based solely on my observations from my set up, I think ones exhaust mufflers have a major roll on how ricey it will sound way more than an off road x pipe. I know personally from my flowmaster mufflers taking the tips off made a huge difference in tone and the exhaust was a much deeper lower tone.

I have never heard what an off road H pipe on my sixer sounds like compared to the x pipe.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
IM BACK!!!!! Hahaha okay so for a uncatted H-Pipe my muffler guy said he would charge me 120 since im always bringing mustangs to him for business he said he can get me some high flow catts for 25 each and have them put on and everything installed for 200 flat no tax.

Bro if u wanna be legal those shorty headers and lethal performance uncatted H-pipe sounds like a great idea honestly. But u will need a tuner to disable to error codes unless u buy the high flow catts. In that case its not required but u will want it trust me. With the new headers and mid pipe and CAI and Tune your car will be a whole new monster trust me i know haha

As for the X & H mid pipes dyno numbers. Yes i tested them when i used to have a lethal performance mid pipe. They literally were 2-4HP off from each other. It was all done on my car within one hr.
Awesome that's for that info Jedi Charlie!! Haha. I think I might go h pipe for the deeper sound!! 2-4hp is nothing.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Awesome that's for that info Jedi Charlie!! Haha. I think I might go h pipe for the deeper sound!! 2-4hp is nothing.
Yea i would personally get this exact setup if u can afford it cuz i know at the moment i cant afford **** for my car hahaaha

1. Airaid CAI and Tuner Combo (get the Wired SF3 tuner)
2. BBK Shorty Headers
3. Uncatted H-Pipe from Lethal.
4. Pypes Axlebacks
5. Resonators (cheap at a muffler shop)

Dont worry about inspections bro the mid pipe can be swapped out very easily with yourself and a buddy and just a 17mm socket (i think) its easy no biggie. So every two years just swap them for inspections.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Charlie, I believe a catted or off road H pipe for that matter will fit right up to our stock manifolds and you don't need a shorty header to connect the H pipe. That being said, my Jedi master, why would someone want to buy shorty headers when there free, no cost manifolds will work perfectly fine with the H pipe. What real benefit would someone have in spending hundreds of dollars on shorty headers when they will see almost no performance gains over the factory manifolds. Basically, the short header and the factory manifolds are the same except the shorty headers are nicer and shiner looking. Why spend the money on shorty headers?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Charlie, I believe a catted H pipe will fit right up to our stock manifolds and you don't need a shorty header to connect the H pipe. That being said, my Jedi master, why would someone want to buy shorty headers when there free, no cost manifolds will work perfectly fine with the H pipe. What real benefit would someone have in spending hundreds of dollars on shorty headers when they will see almost no performance gains over the factory manifolds. Basically, the short header and the factory manifolds are the same except the shorty headers are nicer and shiner looking. Why spend the money on shorty headers?
Yes they will bolt directly. I only mention the shorty headers because he wants a nice sounding and a sick looking car. I love to make my engine bay look pretty thats why i painted my headers white to match my car lol if he doesn't care about the look of his engine bay then the shorties are not required he just needs the mid pipe. And rest of stuff
Old 03-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes they will bolt directly. I only mention the shorty headers because he wants a nice sounding and a sick looking car. I love to make my engine bay look pretty thats why i painted my headers white to match my car lol if he doesn't care about the look of his engine bay then the shorties are not required he just needs the mid pipe. And rest of stuff
10-4 on that. That's what I thought too as far as the shorty headers not really providing any more performance compared to the factory manifolds. I agree the shorty headers will look much nicer to the eye compared to the stock manifolds If someone is not worried about that, they can save themselves approximately 400 dollars by not buying the shorty headers and put that money towards another performance modifications, which by the way on a side note I would save that money and put it towards another mod
Old 03-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

10-4 on that. That's what I thought too as far as the shorty headers not really providing any more performance compared to the factory manifolds. I agree the shorty headers will look much nicer to the eye compared to the stock manifolds If someone is not worried about that, they can save themselves approximately 400 dollars by not buying the shorty headers and put that money towards another performance modifications, which by the way on a side note I would save that money and put it towards another mod
For 400 i would buy a custom one piece driveshaft
Old 03-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

I could of saved myself 600 dollars by not buying the ceramic BBK headers and just buy a off road H pipe to fit onto my stock manifolds. Me, being crazy about my Mustang I was just so hell bent and determined to buy long tube headers. I love the look of the BBK headers and the added performance that comes with headers over stock manifolds. The long tube headers allow so much more air flow out the engine compared to the shorty headers or factory manifolds, which produces more HP and torque.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote:

For 400 i would buy a custom one piece driveshaft
Amen to that Charlie. That's what I'm saying. Heck with the shorty headers, just get the H pipe and connect to stock manifolds. Unless someone is doing car shows, the 400 for the shorty headers are in my opinion a waste because they offer no added performance or power over the factory manifolds.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea i would personally get this exact setup if u can afford it cuz i know at the moment i cant afford **** for my car hahaaha

1. Airaid CAI and Tuner Combo (get the Wired SF3 tuner)
2. BBK Shorty Headers
3. Uncatted H-Pipe from Lethal.
4. Pypes Axlebacks
5. Resonators (cheap at a muffler shop)

Dont worry about inspections bro the mid pipe can be swapped out very easily with yourself and a buddy and just a 17mm socket (i think) its easy no biggie. So every two years just swap them for inspections.
I've read all of your posts and feel like I should paypal you guys money for teaching me so much money (but I wont haha)

I dont care about the look of my engine bay that much to be honest. I like a clean exterior (tints, smoked lights, etc.) and then everything will be going towards making it a quick/badass v6. So the shorty headers I can skip.

I think I'll do the O/R H-Pipe from lethal with high flow cats fabbed in, or just replace it like you said every 2y ears. Throw in resonators, CAI, tune, and then either Pypes or the Roush (which I LOVEEE after listening to some youtube vids).

Cant freakin wait! I'm driving down to Virginia this weekend from Jersey to pick her up (bone stock black 2014 manual).

Tints with maybe some small works of plasti dip will be the first thing. Then axle backs, and working my way on to these mods we listed here.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I've read all of your posts and feel like I should paypal you guys money for teaching me so much money (but I wont haha)

I dont care about the look of my engine bay that much to be honest. I like a clean exterior (tints, smoked lights, etc.) and then everything will be going towards making it a quick/badass v6. So the shorty headers I can skip.

I think I'll do the O/R H-Pipe from lethal with high flow cats fabbed in, or just replace it like you said every 2y ears. Throw in resonators, CAI, tune, and then either Pypes or the Roush (which I LOVEEE after listening to some youtube vids).

Cant freakin wait! I'm driving down to Virginia this weekend from Jersey to pick her up (bone stock black 2014 manual).

Tints with maybe some small works of plasti dip will be the first thing. Then axle backs, and working my way on to these mods we listed here.
Do NOT get Roush Axlebacks with a uncatted mid pipe its freaken LOUD and raspy!!!

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote:

U can always buy me break pads hahahaha
Old 03-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Do NOT get Roush Axlebacks with a uncatted mid pipe its freaken LOUD and raspy!!!

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

U can always buy me break pads hahahaha
LOL....no. I got love for u guys but not enough for pads lmao

I'd go Roush if I get the cats welded into the h pipe.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:16 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

LOL....no. I got love for u guys but not enough for pads lmao

I'd go Roush if I get the cats welded into the h pipe.
Trust me bro high flows and roush axlebacks equals super crazy loud raspy!! Get pypes!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust