Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New Exhaust

Tags
exhaust
15K views 411 replies 24 participants last post by  clamphier 
#1 ·
Today I got the BBK catted xpipe. Badass sound!! Will post video as soon as wifi gets close. Lol. As for now pictures! Lol

Attachments

See less See more
#362 ·
Was re-reading the posts to try to remember the stuff we talked about lol

Been on cloud 9 driving this car around...its unreal how fun a stock v6 can be and its giving me like 27.5-29mpg on my commute to work.

Its great when you feel every penny was worth your purchase on such a big buy.

Let me ask you guys (kona, charlie, whoever else)

Is there a difference in sound/power with a long tube headers + shorty mid pipe over the stock manifold with regular catted h/x pipe?

#364 ·
Was re-reading the posts to try to remember the stuff we talked about lol

Been on cloud 9 driving this car around...its unreal how fun a stock v6 can be and its giving me like 27.5-29mpg on my commute to work.

Its great when you feel every penny was worth your purchase on such a big buy.

Let me ask you guys (kona, charlie, whoever else)

Is there a difference in sound/power with a long tube headers + shorty mid pipe over the stock manifold with regular catted h/x pipe?
Im glad your enjoying your new pony sir.

To answer your question yes, there is a major difference between both sound and power between Headers+mid pipe and just the mid pipe.

The headers will have larger exhaust piping to allow much more air to travel freely and faster. Matching it with either a off road mid pipe or high flow catted mid pipe will also relieve lots of restriction over stock catts. With long tubes and xpipe and tune you will gain around 25-30HP easy.

A new mid pipe say from BBK or Lethal will yes bump up the sound by replacing the stock restrictive catts with either no catts or high flow catts and will make ur car breathe alot better and faster! U will gain prolly 15HP due to the replacement of restrictive stock catts. Ur car will sound almost as loud as if you had headers but not that loud.

Both great choices but would obviously recommend the LT Headers over the mid pipe any day bro.

#365 ·
Thanks man, I knew headers in general made a difference lol

I just read some people using shorty mid pipes with their LT headers and I didnt see any of you mention them on your set ups.

Is it just implied that the mid pipe is "shorty" if you're running LT headers? Maybe there's where I am misunderstanding.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on an axle back system...pypes might be it! Just double checking that they wont be too ricey cause that would be no bueno.

#368 ·
Thanks man, I knew headers in general made a difference lol

I just read some people using shorty mid pipes with their LT headers and I didnt see any of you mention them on your set ups.

Is it just implied that the mid pipe is "shorty" if you're running LT headers? Maybe there's where I am misunderstanding.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on an axle back system...pypes might be it! Just double checking that they wont be too ricey cause that would be no bueno.
Definitely no bowl of rice. Lmao. They sound great.

#379 ·
No it wont trust me hahaha it only takes off rasp and popping and makes it deeper. After 3K rpm its just as loud as before bro

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

So what the hell are these shorty mid pipes about?

They're confusing me...is that what all the mid pipes have to be if you are getting LT headers? :banghead:
Yes because when u have LONG tube headers they extend down under the footwells so instead of it being a normal mid pipe that travels up to the stock shorty headers it connects to LONG tube headers before the footwell area.

#396 ·
I just put the pype bomb's on today guys & OMFG they sounds soooo amazing!!! Super deep!!! I love them!!!!!

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

DM Dan or the other AM rep & the'll give u the code & u just type it under promo code when u check out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.