Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New Exhaust

Tags
exhaust
15K views 411 replies 24 participants last post by  clamphier 
#1 ·
Today I got the BBK catted xpipe. Badass sound!! Will post video as soon as wifi gets close. Lol. As for now pictures! Lol

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Sounds and looks great man!

Oh wow, I feel so bad for you. I'm getting pounded with a foot of snow.

#16 ·
sounds healthy! the hids suck though my OEM hids would not cause those giant orbs of light. but I have fake hids in my SUV and it does make a huge difference aiming them lower...i dont get brights flashed at me as much.

anyways that's the most unique sounding v6 I've heard yet. I'm sure its 10x better in person

#18 ·
Well I hope you do keep yours!!! It's a big difference in sound. But not insanely loud like headers and o/r xpipe. And cheaper than getting the combo. Around 3000 RPMs it gets a lil raspy. I'm fully satisfied with it. And it feels like it gained a few more HP. Tired spin way more. Lol.

#22 ·
What made you guys choose Xpipes of H pipes? I read the intersection of the gasses actually helps balance a little more than the straight pipes of the H setup.

I also read that the H setup can sound a little more agressive. This is just from a little research, correct me if I'm wrong please lol Trying to figure it out as I go

#23 ·
What made you guys choose Xpipes of H pipes? I read the intersection of the gasses actually helps balance a little more than the straight pipes of the H setup.

I also read that the H setup can sound a little more agressive. This is just from a little research, correct me if I'm wrong please lol Trying to figure it out as I go
Because they don't sell them for our v6. They gotta be custom welded in.

#35 · (Edited)
Very true. I have an airraid CAI and it really works awesome now the headers and cats are gone. I would of certainly considered an off road H pipe to go with my BBK headers but only option is x pipe. I do love the x pipe and its loud. The only little concern I have with the off road x pipe and headers is the interior drone is a bit too much for my 38 year old ears. Lol. Freaking love the power the car has with cats off and headers, however would be nice just a little less drone when on cruise control. I'm rolling around 2400k rpm's with my 3:73 gears and drone is kicking. I love it loud when accelerating but want less noise when crusing at constant speed.

I'm having two glass pack resonators installed tomorrow and hopefully that will help with the drone and make the exhaust tone more deeper a lower pitched.

#43 ·
Lol. I went back and forth for months trying to decide if I should go with 3:55 or 3:73 gears. It was easier to pick out my children's name than making a decision on which gear ratio I should go with. I was leaning towards 3:55's for majority of the time but would think I might regret not pulling the trigger on 3:73's. After months and months of getting people's view points and opinions on sites like this one, I decided to go with the 3:73's. I couldn't be more happier with my choice. I love them. It's the perfect gear of what I wanted and how I drive my pony. Certainly nothing wrong with 3:55's by any means, however I always felt that I may regret of paying the 650 dollars for the 3:55 gears along with the install and have regret not getting the 3:73's.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Alright before anybody gets mad at the 4.0 guy or bites my head off for saying this I'm just simply stating my opinion....I do not like the 3.7's idle whatsoever!!!! It sounds good upon acceleration and under load but the idle just does not work for me. Sorry guys, but hey you've got 95 more bhp than me stock for stock so....
I hear ya and honestly prior to me getting BBK headers and off road x pipe, the idol was nothing to write home about. No big deal. The idol on the 3.7 with headers, off road x pipe and a Flowmaster exhaust system is completely different. It's loud, turns heads and completely changed the way the v6 sounds. Personally , the idol on it now is intoxicating and sounds awesome. Just in the last week, people have heard the car on cold start up and even regular idol , can't believe its a little sixer. Ford made one awesome 3.7. You just need a few mods to really unlock its potential.

#41 ·
Alright before anybody gets mad at the 4.0 guy or bites my head off for saying this I'm just simply stating my opinion....I do not like the 3.7's idle whatsoever!!!! It sounds good upon acceleration and under load but the idle just does not work for me. Sorry guys, but hey you've got 95 more bhp than me stock for stock so....

#76 ·
2011 Kona Blue said:
Yes sir, this morning. Really like them. Great advice on getting them. The two resonators dramatically takes the humming drone sound to a minimum. Really happy with them. Still super loud when accelerating and crazy awesome when WOT
Could you post a video with the resonators on? That would be totally awesome if you could.

#80 ·
Charlie, I'm actually surprised the resonator topic really is not talked about much. So thanks to our future rocket engine builder , I ain't listening to all this drone. Your da man bro. If someone plans to heavily mod there exhaust, resonators are a must.

Charlie I will carry out the word of the man, (that be you) and preach the truth about resonators. Lmao

#97 ·
Let me ask you guys, if I plan on eventually doing the CAI, Tune, BBK headers, X/H pipe (TBD lol), and Pype bombs axle back...would a larger TB be necessary?

Im not looking to drop crazy money into it, its a v6 so I'm not going to drop 6k to the engine lol...I just want it to sound nasty and look clean.

#100 ·
Let me ask you guys, if I plan on eventually doing the CAI, Tune, BBK headers, X/H pipe (TBD lol), and Pype bombs axle back...would a larger TB be necessary?

Im not looking to drop crazy money into it, its a v6 so I'm not going to drop 6k to the engine lol...I just want it to sound nasty and look clean.
If u just want sound just do O/R H-Pipe and yes i said H!! Just do that bro! Ive heard it and man does it sound MEAN!! Really deep and aggressive bro i loved it! I think it was Black On Black or a username similar to that who did that setup n it was awesome bro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.